[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is self edification a spook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1463453725257.jpg (25KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
1463453725257.jpg
25KB, 207x243px
Is self edification a spook?
>>
>>8315530
fuck off
>>
Self is the #1 spook, so self edification is also a spook and Stirner can fuck off
>>
Fucking read Stirner you idiot.

Self-edification under a Stirnerite view is egoistically valid.
>>
>>8315590
>>8315616
Well which is it?
>>
>>8315698
i think the answer is read Stirner senpai
>>
>>8315530
Self edification is no more of a spook than bike riding or being on time at work.

When you are trying to identify a spook focus on the motivation that surrounds it rather than it being abstract or material

>>8315590
How would you define spook?
>>
>>8315530
spook is any idea you are obsessed with.
for stirner it was "the human" instead of each human himself or most obviously the notion of god. even spirit or critique are spooks if they are elevated above you and you become their slave.
self edification thereby is not a spook if it is your genuine interest. however to sacrifice one's life to self edification would be pretty spooky.

reading stirner right now, so
/thread
>>
no. u need to have a self first, and only then you can build spooks, get over them by building others, criticize them etc. if you have no self you have nothing. you are outside the human game.
>>
I suppose in order for something to be a spook it has to be an abstract concept that you deliberately place above your own. Like truth, beauty, justice, freedom, so on and so forth. Once you enslave yourself to these abstract ideas, you are, for lack of a better word, "spooking" yourself. In this sense, self edification *could be* a spook, but only if you consciously enslave yourself to it. One can take the time to educate themselves about any topic and still remain unspooked; after all, while they are educating themselves, they may not even be thinking about the fact that they're educating themselves. Self-edification may not even be intentional in some cases. So no, for all intents and purposes, self-edification is not inherently a spook.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.