[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading multiple books at once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (48KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 540x540px
Do you guys tend to read one book at a time, or read one of book A, a little of book B, etc.? I see these,pile threads and am wondering if some of,you are reading several at one time, otherwise I don't see the point in keeping a stack of what you want to read over the next 3 months set aside separately.

I personally read one fiction and one non-fiction at a time. I'm also a fan of opening a random Seneca letter from Letters From a Stoic regardless of what I'm reading at the time.
>>
>>8307206

“I am reading six books at once, the only way of reading; since, as you will agree, one book is only a single unaccompanied note, and to get the full sound, one needs ten others at the same time.” - Virginia Woolf
>>
>>8307238
Fuck that
>>
>>8307206
Same actually. I read one English book and one French or Japanese book at any given time. I open random Epictetus Discourses as well.

Another subdivision I make, is that I can only do one "project" book at a time.
>>
>>8307206

I am currently reading two longer books (an art history textbook and Moby Dick) while reading shorter, easier books and essays in between when I feel like mixing it up. Typically, I am reading one fiction and one non-fiction/philosophy.
>>
>>8307238
I tend to read, it so happens, six books at a time, but what a stupid idea this is
>>
>>8307206
I "read" multiple books at once but typically when this happens I'll suspend reading one until I'm done with the other I started and it'll usually be something quick. Like I read White Noise, Slow Learner, and The Brooklyn Follies from cover to cover while I was in the middle of reading Finnegans Wake.

Though sometimes it works backwards like now I suspended In The Heart of The Heart of The Country after 2 of the stories to read J R, which I'm nearly done with. I might not even get back to In The Heart of The Heart of The Country until after I've finished J R, A Frolic of His Own, and Agapē Agape.
>>
>>8307273

t. plebmax

>>8307307

you are literally doing the same thing. you don't need to agree with the exact wording that woolf uses to convey the sentiment you capricious mope.
>>
I read multiple books at a time and I hate it. I just get so excited to read a new one that I start it up and the rest of them suffer. Takes me a while to get through any book because of this.

I've whittled it down recently though. Just finished two books, in fact, and I think I'm gonna put down another one and get to it later.

I like to have one on my PC, this usually has endnotes/footnotes or graphics or some shit that isn't good for reading on an e-reader. Then I'll have one for my e-reader, and then another for my phone when I can't lug my kobo around. Got through a lot of The Elementary Particles at jury duty a while back thanks to the kobo app.

goddamn i sound like a suburban white kid. whatever, I grab physical books when I can.
>>
As I was putting my books in order on my shelves, I left one intentionally empty so I could fill it up with what I was currently reading and planning to read next. This allows me to keep them on my mind without getting lost in the sea that is my collection. I would say that I am usually reading between 5-10 books at any given time.
>>
This is such a silly "problem" that I cannot take anyone who asks this question seriously.
>>
>>8307206
When you watch television, do you only watch episodes of one show at a time?

I have a book I read when I wake up and two books I read before bed. A chapter in one and then a chapter in the next (or, if there aren't chapters, I just devote a half an hour to one and a half an hour to another.)
>>
>>8307563
>goddamn i sound like a suburban white kid.

What's wrong with being a suburban white kid?
>>
>>8307609
nothing. im a poor white man. just envious of people with money. gonna start reading my first Ligotti today.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.