[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the last 10 novels you read were American Woke up this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (269KB, 1288x1078px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269KB, 1288x1078px
>tfw the last 10 novels you read were American

Woke up this morning and realised I was cucking my own culture. By seeking out discussion on the internet I had disproportionately exposed myself to the opinions of Burgers, which has had a toxic effect on the scope of my reading.

Posting this now when most of the Burgers are asleep to tell you not to make the same mistake I did. Don't fall for the meme, stick to your own.
>>
Haha, I've noticed the same, I've been lurking on so many English-speaking sites and boards that my Goodreads "read" shelf is mostly English literature. It's also being exacerbated because it's easier to pirate well-formatted English ebooks than other languages.

And yet, the current German literature/book market is quite depressing so I'm not sure what I'm missing:

>NYT paperback nonfiction: Alexander Hamilton, The boys in the boat, Outliers (still??), Modern romance, The new Jim Crow
>relatively decent complex stuff, Ansari/Gladwell a shit

>German SPIEGEL bestsellers nonfiction:
>"Das Seelenleben der Tiere" (the soul-life of the animals), "Das geheime Leben der Bäume" (the secret life of trees), "Der Appell des Dalai Llama an die Welt" (Dalai Llama a shit), "Himmel, Herrgott, Sakrament" (a German "unconventional" priest describes his work or something)
>sheeeeeesh

At least fiction is shit in both.
>>
>>8304400
How can you read when your country is dying?
>>
>>8304406
How can you shitpost when our beds are burning?
>>
>>8304409
It was a legitimate question so your response is a shitpost.
>>
>>8304387
Why does it matter?

"OH NO, I'VE JUST READ DANTE'S INFERNO....I-IT'S NOT LIKE THE ITALIANS ARE SUPERIOR TO MY AMERICAN CULTURE OR ANYTHING"
>>
>>8304400
Ingo Schulze is good, f.am
>>
>>8304387
Unless you are from England or Russia, I wouldn't recommend reading only books from your own country.
>>
>>8304400

You just think our books are more high-brow because they're foreign to you.
Literally no one in America wants to read another shitty muh history muh federal reserve book about Memexander Memeilton.
There's dry and then there's US literature dry.
>>
>>8304406
Hi Israeli-controlled 62% white burger at the brink of a racewar.
Why are Ameri/pol/s smug on the internet?
>>
>>8304477
Do you even read, bro? American literature is much much less dry than British literature, and more energetic and lively than Russian literature (with exception to maybe Gogol). All things considered, American literature is probably the best.
>>
File: pupper.jpg (13KB, 303x326px) Image search: [Google]
pupper.jpg
13KB, 303x326px
I expected better of you /lit/.

Dividing yourself by the same imaginary lines the rest of the world does? For shame.
>>
File: chuang-tzu1.jpg (151KB, 450x485px) Image search: [Google]
chuang-tzu1.jpg
151KB, 450x485px
So you were tricked into having a good time while learning about another culture? Woe you.
>>
>>8304515
new world order singular government and culture is the direct opposite of /lit/ and culture you little fag
>>
>>8304406
I mean other European nations sure, but Germany? One of the best and most powerful nations on earth.
>>
>>8304464
This. Indian literature is pure merde.
>>
>>8304515
>implying all nations conform to political boundaries
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.