[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I woke today at around nine am, sat on the edge of my bed, lay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: cabin17.jpg (65KB, 836x393px) Image search: [Google]
cabin17.jpg
65KB, 836x393px
I woke today at around nine am, sat on the edge of my bed, lay back down and read thirty or so pages of " "Franny and Zooey" with the book held at arm's length above me, stood up and walked to the shower, rotated under the hot shower for around ten minutes. I stepped out of the shower, dried myself with a large thick white towel, combed my hair, put on boxer shorts, socks, black pleated cotton trousers and a white cotton shirt tucked into the waist of my trousers. From the wood-paneled twelve-foot-square bedroom I walked to the open-plan living room and kitchen and poured out some coffee. I carried the mug of coffee to the table I moved to the window at the rear of the cabin, overlooking the water, and placed it on a copy of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", which I have re-read in order to analyze the structure and plot of the novel and also to see if it would be as entertaining to me as it was when I was around eight years old. I opened my laptop and pressed the spacebar so that it would turn on. I checked my email, drank some more coffee, and then cooked some scrambled eggs. I ate the scrambled eggs on toast while standing at the kitchen counter, and then drank orange juice from a small glass that resembled a "shot glass", pretending, to myself, in an attempt to entertain myself, that the orange juice was alcoholic, and that three shots of the orange juice had already left me extremely intoxicated. I stumbled self-consciously over to the sofa and "collapsed" in dramatic fashion, lay there for a while, stood up again and read fifty or so pages of "Franny and Zooey", frequently underlining phrases and sentences and pieces of dialogue and often making notes in the margin, mostly because I had perceived something in the text which I felt was worth making a note of, and partly because I enjoyed the sensation of writing and appreciating my handwriting. I crossed out the author's name on top of the page and wrote my own in block capitals, and continued doing this for several pages.
>>
Pedestrian.
>>
>pretending, to myself, in an attempt to entertain myself

I bet this is irritating you now.
>>
>>8304191
no
>>
How did you get that book from your bedroom to your living room
>>
>>8304191
I knew we were going to have this every day now. Knew it.

The orange juice "shot" though--that was funny though.
>>
>>8304191
Is this an excerpt of Karl ove Gayfaart?
>>
>>8305269
I skipped that part out for the sake of concision. While cooking scrambled eggs I went to the bathroom and urinated and then walked to the bedroom, picked up the book, and carried it as I walked back to the kitchenette.

I am Norwegian. OP here. Today a very strange thing happened, strange that is the context of my life and when compared to the majority of my experience. I was swimming in the lake, attempting to remain afloat on my back as my mother was able to do when I went swimming with her as a child, when someone called out to gain my attention from the shore. There is a small beach of sorts, though there is no sand and the area consists simply of a strip of public land which extends down to the shore. There are a few benches there and one or two places to light a barbecue if you wish to do so. The person on the shore was waving their arms though even from a distance of around two-hundred meters I could they were doing so in a humorous way as if only to say hello. I felt embarrassed and pale and nude (I was not nude, I was wearing Speedos, which I realize is rather unconventional these days though my father often wore one when I was a child and I believe it helps establish a masculine image more easily than swimming shorts, and is also my preferred item of clothing to wear while swimming) but I knew it would be rude to ignore them so I waved back as best I could. I realized it was the woman of about seventy-five who visited my cabin with some food when I first arrived, having heard word that I was visiting. I felt too self-conscious to remain in the water after that and began swimming back. When I began to swim back however I noticed a girl, who I assume is the granddaughter she mentioned when she visited me on Saturday. I didn't see her very close and she did not wave to me, but I had the impression, for whatever reason, that she had noticed me and was deliberately not waving to me, again for whatever reason. This girl has brown hair, is about five-feet-four and has very pale skin from what I could judge. I swam back to my cabin and closed the curtains after returning from my swim. The lady told me she would introduce me to her granddaughter, but I don't know if she could see me from all that distance away and tell I was not her type. Either way since I returned to the cabin I have been too restless to read or write. I have performed many sit-ups and pressups and eaten many ice cubes dunked in lemon juice. I feel quite nervous. I do hope I get to meet this girl, but perhaps her not acknowledging me was a test in which I had the opportunity to show her how brave and confident I was by swimming over and introducing myself first. What do you guys think?
>>
>>8305750
hang in there, 21st century thoreau. good luck with the qt
>>
thanks for keeping me updated
>>
>>8305750
you are thinking too much and internalising your own experience too much
>>
>>8305750
>What do you guys think?
I think you're not going to write any book, Karl Ove Houseguard. You'd better start saving these for your Collected Posts, which is the only thing you can hope to (self-)publish.
>>
>>8305750
thanks
>>
>>8304191
your writing is so boring. I don't believe your actually a writer. if you are, better not quit your day job. oh wait.....
>>
>>8304191
I woke last night to the sound of thunder. How far off, I sat and wondered. I started humming a song from 1962.Then when I got up in the morning I discovered I had been transformed into a monstrous insect.

Later my dad threw an apple at me. Ain't it funny how the night moves, I pondered grimly, when you just don't seem to have as much to lose?
>>
>>8306173
I love that song.
>>
Dis nigga again
>>
>>8304191
>My quality work is far above that which belongs in the community critique thread!
It's not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.