[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with Murakami?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (894KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
894KB, 2560x1536px
Should I just dive right into 1Q84 or start something else first?
>>
>>8303025
Either Kafka or Norwegian, depending on if you want a surreal psychological journey or a depressive story about college students.
Also check out Wind-up Bird and his short story collections.
>>
>>8303025
The garbage. You can either buy a copy of one of his "books" and then throw it in there or skip the middleman and throw a commiserate amount of dollar bills directly into the trash. If you pirate books, simply estimate how much time it would take you to read one of his "books" and then multiply those hours by your hourly wage and then throw that calculated amount into the garbage.

Alternatively, kill yourself for valuing the limited time you have on this Earth so little enough to read that garbage.
>>
start with 'almost transparent blue'
>>
Never read 1Q84. He has good novels. That is not one of them.
>>
>>8303025
Broadcast order:
Bakamonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari
Second Season
Tsukimonogatari
Owarimonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
>>
>>8303025
Start with the other Murakami
>>
>>8303670
don't forget Katanagatari and Ore Monogatari
>>
1Q84 is one of his worst books. He's been in a slump since Kafka on the Shore, which may be a good starting place. Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is one of my favorite novels ever, and Dance Dance Dance is a close second favorite of his, but Hard-Boiled Wonderland & the End of the World may be the best starting place, or Norwegian Wood if you're more into that sort of thing.
>>
>>8303670
>bakamonogatari
>>
>>8304093
in the miso soup is better than harukis entire collection
>>
Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is his best imo, followed by Kafka.
The Rat series is worth a read if you do end up liking him.
>>
>>8304154
ur'e the baka for reading that post
>>
Can someone explain to me why 1Q84 was full of awkward sex/erotic scenes?

Normally it doesn't bother me, but the ones in 1Q84 got to me

>A freshly made ear and a freshly made vagina look very much alike, Tengo thought. Both appeared to be turned outward, trying to listen closely to something – something like a distant bell.
>>
File: murakammi.jpg (174KB, 1606x1102px) Image search: [Google]
murakammi.jpg
174KB, 1606x1102px
>>8303025
>>
>>8303025
Skip 1Q84 desu
Just a big slutty cuck fest
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.