[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What impact will the Syrian Civil War have on the literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: kurdish girl.jpg (392KB, 1800x1169px) Image search: [Google]
kurdish girl.jpg
392KB, 1800x1169px
What impact will the Syrian Civil War have on the literature of Syria, the rest of the Middle East, and the world?
>>
>>8302787
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1322445311495.jpg (53KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1322445311495.jpg
53KB, 500x387px
>literature of Syria

kek

Arabs have killed off most of the real indigenous peoples of the middle east who actually had authentic mid east culture , history, poets, myths and music.
>>
>>8302797
Right, but how will the Said of the 21st century perceive ISIS and the Kurdish struggle?
>>
syria hasn't had any good literature since the Enuma Elish.
>>
>>8302787
War doesn't produce good literature anymore because of our huge taboo on wartime journalism, and the lack of any 'Righteous' wars.

Also, literary figures like Hemingway and Orwell fought in the Spanish Civil War, WWI and WWII because they thought they were fighting for a righteous cause. Theirs no righteousness in the shit hole that is the middle east, so no just journalists to extract inspiration from the conflicts. Did we get any good literature out of Vietnaam, which was basically the definitive end of righteous warfare? All the artists where on the other side protesting.

Most apt examples of the middle east clusterfuck effecting literature is tragic refugee stuff, stuff like Khalled Hossein's Kite Runner.
>>
>>8302818
there won't be any said of the 21st century
said was a bastard, an american english professor that relates to people in that way wont exist anymore
>>
File: 1463757677902.jpg (92KB, 1031x415px) Image search: [Google]
1463757677902.jpg
92KB, 1031x415px
>>8304292
I don't want to be disrespectful,so don;t take it that way.I agree or atleast relate with your sentiments,however you are reducing it to point where it is simply not true.

First of all don't you think those who are on the other side,the sunni ragheads i mean,thinks "that they are fighting the righteous war".I will argue that it is the very righteousness of this modern day barbarianism (of the sunni islamists/arabs) that is one of the major cause of this.

One iother (from my perspective) being the general decline of the practice of reading in general,due to the other more "accessible" forms of entertainments.

Which is why even though the vietcong didn't produce any significant work of literature,whatsoever ,yet managed to produce many significant works of cinema.(fog of war is highly recommended)

i ALSO disagree with the whole
> artists where on the other side protesting.

given how most(if not all) of these "artists" were braindead hippies with communist alignment ,and that was the reason or atleast a more valid reason for what they did,than a "righteous war".

And it have only went downhill since then.
>>
The last Iraqi War has produced "The Corpse Exhibition" and that is a wonderful piece of work, more of that please.
>>
>>8302787
I can only see great literature coming out of the second generation of the current diaspora, IE Mosulite Kurds who have moved to Canada where their children received a secular education. I await their work.

As far as genuine Middle-Eastern work that isnt Persian, the growing power of taqfiri influence will make certain that works of literature that do not march lockstep with quranic ideals will be few and far between.
>>
The peaceful Swiss peoples have only produced the Cuckoo clock and a handful of mediocre at best cheeses (We're Gruyere and Emmental here- pleb shit).

It stands that Syria will produce a half dozen Ulysses and Hamlets emerging from their civil war.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.