[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does anon think of War and Crime by Tolstoyevsky. One of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Tolstoyevsky young professor.jpg (88KB, 321x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tolstoyevsky young professor.jpg
88KB, 321x360px
What does anon think of War and Crime by Tolstoyevsky.
One of the best Svedish novel in my opinion.
>>
>>8301360
Wasn't Tolstoyevsky russian?
>>
>>8301410
Back then Sveden was part of the Tsar empire.
>>
>>8301360
>>8301410
>>8301457
>newfag summer redditors detected

Seriously fuck off. Dostoyevsky AND Tolstoy (two DIFFERENT authors) were RUSSIAN.

Dostoyevsky was the one who wrote Crime and Punishment and Notes from Underground (the latter detailing life of an /r9k/ robot)
Tolstoy wrote War and Peace.

You need to go back, fucking braindamaged normies. And you're wrong about Swedish history
>>
>>8301483
Why so mad?
>>
>>8301483
ironic shtiposting is still shitposting
>>
>>8301483
>he hasn't read The Brothers Karenina
kek
>>
>>8301500
>>8301505
Stick to your Terry Pratchet and George RR Martin, redditor scum.

This place is for intellectuals
>>
File: 1465233859363.png (203KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
1465233859363.png
203KB, 314x475px
>>8301483
get a load of this pleb.

anyhow, pic related is my favorite Tolstoyevsky work.

I also enjoy Anna Karamazov, beautiful prose and characterization
>>
>>8301483
>Being this mad
Wow, I made a mistake, Tolstoyevsky was finnish non swedish, don't be this mad.
>>
>>8301360
My favorite Tolstoevsky (how it's spelled in his native Denmark, which was part of the USSR at that time) novel is definitely The Death of Ivan the Idiot. Actually, on second thought, I thoroughly enjoyed War Crimes and Punishment, so maybe I could say that those are my two favorite books by him.
>>
>>8301511
I highly recommend The Genius if you want to read some more of his works. Prince Ilyich is one of the greatest characters I've ever encountered in any novel I've read
>>
>>8301511
is this oc
>>
>>8301570
nah, we used to have Leodor Tolstoyevsky threads every so often. I snagged it from another Tolsto reader
>>
How long have Tolsto threads been going on? I've been here for a while and this is my first time ever seeing one. Regardless, I think this is fucking hilarious.
>>
My personal favorite of his is The Death of the Gambler, because it stopped me from reading past the first couple chapters of War and Crime.
The extravagance of the social hierarchy hides the ruse that we all believe we are indestructible and will never die.
>>
>>8301592
Idk I've only seen a couple. I definitely want to design more covers, though.
Anna Karamazov
War and Crime
Demons (or The Devil)
Notes from the Diary of a Madman Underground
The Idiot Brothers
All with the penguin classics style cover
>>
File: de edge.png (98KB, 203x201px) Image search: [Google]
de edge.png
98KB, 203x201px
>>8301507
>This place is for intellectuals

Fucking kek
>>
>>8301360
war and crime would be a great novel. like maybe it's about an impoverished fellow living in a sketchy neighborhood of a city currently under siege or occupation. he has to carry on being a petty thief to be able to survive while all around him people are being executed and stuff.
>>
>>8301483
>You need to go back, fucking braindamaged normie
>>
>>8301511
That's great, more pls
>>
>>8301628
Diary of a madman is Gogol you imbecile
>>
>>8301842
Wasn't it a novel from Lu Xun?
>>
My favourite work by Tolstoyevsky has to be: What is to be Done? Another Man's Wife
>>
Favorite Faulkville novel? Just started Sound and the Dick.
>>
>>8302157
I prefer Melkner, Moby and the Fury was great

"Through the fence, between the curling flower spaces, I could call him Ishmael"
>>
That guy who writes under the pen name of Roberto Pinchas should really take the mantle of Leodor Tolstoyevsky and write this fake novels.
>>
>>8302206
Is this homoerotic?
>>
>>8302233
Extremely

Melkner was one of those boys
>>
What's the name of that Tolstoyevsky book that takes place entirely in a troika?
>>
>>8301505
Peace and Punishment was better.
The Death of The Idiot Ivan is my fave, tho.
>>
>>8303307
My favorite of his short works is The Underground Sonata.

Side note, does anyone here like Flauzac? Madame Goriot is a great realist novel that was a big influence on Tolstoyevsky.
>>
>>8301628
>>8301511
>>8301505

It's Anna Karamazova and The Brothers Karenin. Get your genders right.
>>
>>8301628
>Anna Karamazov
>Karamazova
>Notes from the Diary of a Madman Underground
>Gogol
>The Idiot Brothers
>Dosto-Dosto crosswork
>>
>>8302249
Demon's Souls
>>
HAHAAAAAAA LE FUNNYYYYYYY
>>
>>8305071
Maybe reddit is more your thing.
Fuck off.
>>
My favorite author is Johnest Hemmmeingbeck. "A Farewell to Grapes", "Of Mice and Old Men", and "The Sun also Rises on the East of Eden" remain to be favorites of mine
>>
File: Wew_lad.jpg (34KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Wew_lad.jpg
34KB, 550x550px
>>8301483
>>
File: joyce490.jpg (130KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
joyce490.jpg
130KB, 490x350px
>mfw a pleb mentions they haven't read Ernest Joycingway's Farewell to the Artist as a Young Man.
>>
>>8306198
>not A Moveable Wake
>>
This thread is such a sausagefest so far. How about The Professor of Wildfell Heights by Chemilynne Bronte?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.