[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manifesto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ted kaczynski is handsome.jpg (77KB, 595x334px) Image search: [Google]
ted kaczynski is handsome.jpg
77KB, 595x334px
Was Kaczynski correct when he argued that modern civilization leaves people unfulfilled by depriving them of autonomy and self-sufficiency?
>>
>>8301092
No. It's their autonomy and self-sufficiency that leaves them unfulfilled.
>>
Modernity is a spook and so are you kiddo.
>>
>>8301125

you fell for the authoritarian meme
>>
Ted Kaczynski was right about everything but we just aren't smart enough to listen
>>
>>8301158
Authority has nothing to do with it
>>
>>8301092
>>8301163
>But the truly disturbing aspect of Kaczynski and his ideas is not that they are so foreign but that they are so familiar. The manifesto is the work of neither a genius nor a maniac. Except for its call to violence, the ideas it expresses are perfectly ordinary and unoriginal, shared by many Americans. Its pessimism over the direction of civilization and its rejection of the modern world are shared especially with the country's most highly educated. The manifesto is, in other words, an academic -- and popular -- cliché.
>>
>>8301092
He's right, but I cannot condone the bombing.

That sentiment is quite common btw
>>
>>8301125
bingo

>>8301158
>look at me I'm a special snowflake. I'm not a part of the SYSTEM
>>
>>8301125
>>8301169
literally nobody is self-sufficient.
>>
>taking seriously the generalizations and projections of a frustrated boy.

maybe his family left him unfulfilled, but from there to civilization there a big path.
>>
>>8301203
precisely. but we've (or at least a goodnportuon of the western world) been indoctrinated to the idea that autonomy and self sufficiency are some sort of ideals to be pursued.

There's nothing wrong with it per se but it's an ideal that's easily perverted and leads to immense dissatisfaction. it lso spawns a lot of identity politics because so many are taught from youth that their individuality is paramount
>>
>>8301215
>it's their self-sufficiency that leaves them unfulfilled!

>but nobody is self-sufficient

>exactly! you see, bullshitbullshit bullshit bull shit, bull: shit.

kill yourself
>>
>>8301220
go back to r/books friendo
>>
>>8301170
I don't get where this "primitivism is popular" meme comes from. 99.9% of middle/upper class persons in the west do not support primitivism.

Also Kaczynski's manifesto touches on more than "civilization makes us unfulfilled."
>>
>>8301092
Well I work a 9 to 5 in an office and feel unfulfilled and out of control of my life, but that's been a lifelong feeling post-maturity so I can't say for sure that a different lifestyle would effect this.
>>
Self-sufficiency is a pretty vague term. Yes someone can live by themselves and produce their own income, and not have to talk to a single person in the process. I suppose that is social self sufficiency. But if they cannot produce their own food, energy, and clean drinking water (probably missing something here) they are not economically self sufficient and are instead still reliant on others
>>
>>8302296
If you read his manifesto you'll know exactly what he means by self-sufficiency.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.