[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the big three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: three.jpg (15KB, 240x159px) Image search: [Google]
three.jpg
15KB, 240x159px
how would /lit/ rank the three major holy books?
>>
File: comics_jews.jpg (174KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
comics_jews.jpg
174KB, 612x612px
I'm thinking it's the jew bible, it's shorter and more to the point.
>>
>>8300065
you know damn well that maybe all of five anons on this broad have read all three books and those five are too busy debating which version of each book is the most accurate to rate them against each other.
>>
bible >>> torah >>>>> quaran

not being /pol/ or anything, from a purely literary quality the bible BTFOs the other two.

granted the bible has a lot more filler but so do the other two and proportionally it's similar.

t. actually read all 3 cover to cover. granted it was quite some time ago and if rogot most of it, but the general reaction holds true.

and in any case, the bible BTFOs the other two even harder in terms of literary influence on the western canon, which is the only thing that matters
>>
I've not read the Torah but I've read chunks of the Old Testament, pretty good in my opinion. I like it better than the New, but there are some passages of the New Testament that I love. Don't really like the Quran. So, I guess I rank them in the same order of your picture.
>>
1-Torah
2-Bible
3-Quran
>>
Quran is more asthetic. The bible is more encyclopedic. The Torah and Quran are richer in symbolism and deep thought. Quran is more poetic by far. Overall, Bible is cannot compare with the other two and I am pretty ignorant of the Torah relative to the others. The Quran is so unique compared to any other literature because of its structure and history( "revealed over 23 year period"), it is both its weakness and strength.
>>
>>8300065
ulysses>gravity's rainbow>infinite jest
>>
like half of the Quran was plagiarized from the bible, and half the Bible plagiarized the Torah.
>>
>>8300081
Only relevant reply in this thread
>>
>>8300065
The Torah is in the Bible you dumbass heathens.
>>
>>8300078
>The Bible can't compete with the Five books of Moses, aka the first five books of the Bible

damn u are stupid
>>
>>8300065
Bible and the Torah are good.
Quran is complete shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.