[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would be the best books for learning a martial art like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 51TJDV16XYL.jpg (38KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
51TJDV16XYL.jpg
38KB, 387x500px
what would be the best books for learning a martial art like boxing, muay thai, or something else?

>inb4 just take a class lol
i dont have the money for that.
>>
>>8300052
Experience >>>>>>>>>> knowledge
>>
>>8300057
this OP. I never heard someone reading a fucking book about how to fight. That shit's retarded.
>>
>>8300052
This is lit not fit. Just because it's about a book doesn't mean it's literature related
>>
>>8300052
piggybacking off of what OP said:
i need a book about learning how to ride a bike.
>>
>>8300060
So retarded that Jack Dempsey wrote a treatise on boxing.
>>
>>8300111
is it good?
>>
>>8300052
what the fuck, would you listen to an album to learn how to fish?

buy a bag and some gloves and get to it
>>
>books for learning a martial art
You are delusional, senpai.
>>
Gotta practice a sport to learn it. In five minutes I could show you how to cover your chin with your shoulder, how to move your feet, the angles to keep away from a right or left handed fighter's power shot, how to hold your wrist straight anf tight down to the first two knuckles so you won't break them when you hit hard, but you have to DO it to know you are doing it right or wrong. You need to find your natural body and fighting style outside of geberic advice like this. Are you tall and long armed? Short and stocky? This will change how you even begin to approach fighting. Work on straight shots first, look in a mirror to see blinding holes in your guard a teacher could reveal in two seconds by hitting you.
>>
>>8300754
Generic* etc.
>>
Look how the man's chin is tucked below his shoulder there so a hook will never reach his chin. That's the first thing you have to get used to- cant have your chin up in the air or no matter how tough you think you are you will get knocked the fuck out. Learn to punch and rotate your shoulders so the shoulder or glove always covers the chin, or most of the time. First timers come in with their chin in the air all the time, easy work.
>>
>>8300125
Unless I'm having a brainfart yeah it's p much the bible of punching techniques.

Anyone who says a book is useless is retarded. You can't only use a book but a book can help in combination with experience.
>>
>>8300884
Yeah, books can definitely be very helpful. However, it is also true that without actual experience you will never be any good at fighting. These are martial ARTS after all, and like all arts skill only comes from practice.

>>8300052
What is your goal in learning to fight? Do you want to know sport fighting or do you want to know how to defend yourself? Because different types of violence require different types of knowledge.
>>
How would you do in a fight if you don't have practice ?
"Okay, he's trying to punch me, so I have to remember, page 21, how to protect my face ..." ?
You can only acquire reflexes with practice, otherwise it is useless.
>>
>>8300052
Shadowboxing is actually worthwhile if you have some experience. Like others said also, you will never learn boxing by reading about it. No way.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.