[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

James Joyce is not a good writer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (148KB, 1265x689px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 1265x689px
Nobody calls James Joyce bad because they are worried a man with glasses will call them stupid, even though Joyce wrote things like this

>"I thought we would start with a little full metal alchemist" she said, reaching into a cardboard box and setting a stack of manga on the table "and if there is a little time, we could watch some anime, I brought in some Dot Hack Slash Slash Sign, have you heard of it? It's based on a video game sort of like Fields of Fantasy"
>"Nice" I said impressed by her selections, and here I was worried she would whip out a Pokemon or Sailor Moon in a lame misguided attempt adult effort to be cool.

or

>He ripped down the flyer I had just put up and studied it with narrow eyes. "But, what the hell is a manga club?" he asked, pronouncing it "mahn-jah." "Does that mean 'vampire' in Swahili or something?"
>"Funny no. It doesn't. But I wouldn't expect your pea brain to jnow any Japanese, so don't feel too bad." I was impressing myself with my witty comebacks. Who knew I had it in me? "ooh, you're so smart, Freak Girl. I wish I could be a nerd like you and start a mahn-jah club at school"
>"It's manga." I corrected "Hard-G"

Now I admit that's decent prose, but it's not the best piece of writing ever. Plus there are weaker parts of Ulysses that honestly aren't even as good as some of the writing in Metal Gear Solid, yet that doesn't get praised because it's a video game. What writers do you think are overrated /lit/?
>>
>>8299736
>jnow

*know
>>
>>8299736
>there are weaker parts of Ulysses that honestly aren't even as good as some of the writing in Metal Gear Solid
weak b8
>>
>>8299750
I'm not baiting; go on /v/ and Im sure someone could chalk up numerous games with deeper plot and emotion than Ulysses
>>
>>8299736

leld
>>
>>8299736
Fitz is better
>>
>>8299736
I don't understand what you're doing.
>>
>>8299761
>deeper plot
what does this even mean.
>>
>>8299816
Why are you genuinely replying to him? Did you even read the quotes in the OP?
>>
>>8299816
he went really deep into Nora
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.