[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finish IJ or read one of these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Entry level faggot here. Should I finish the last half of IJ? (I read the last 15 pages and multiple ending analyses online that spoiled the story when I was drunk one time)

Or should I just start one of these 3 other books in the pic? If so which one?

Some more background: I'll account for the massive hatred of IJ on this board.
>>
>>8299218
>buying the non-meme version of IJ
>>
Finish what you started, then go down the line
>>
lol what a stack
>>
>>8299218
>Not reading for the prose
Finish IJ and then read the rest
>>
>>8299218
I dunno, I'm about halfway through IJ and love it so far. C and P was the last book I read and I loved that too.
I don't really understand why the counter-memers have such a strong hatred for the book. Last night I read the Eschaton chapter and it was hilarious, other parts like Hal's dad listening to his own father talk about his life were moving, the prose is unique and interesting (obfuscating, but intentionally so). I think it gets shittalked so much simply because of the memery.
>>
stop folding back your paperbacks you filthy savage
>>
>The white cover edition of IJ.

Its like you don't even want people to recognise the cover when you're reading it in public.
>>
>>8299218
Can you take a picture of any page from the first chapter of Crime and Punishment? I just want to compare that version with the one I have. I'd be glad, actually, if it was of the first page of the first chapter.
Also, don't bother the hatred Infinite Jest gets here, just read it and have your own thoughts about it.
>>
>>8299683
the eschaton section is so fucking good. made me kek heartily
>>
>>8299235
>reading for the prose
biggest meme on lit
you can enjoy the prose, and it might even be sublime
but its not the only aspect of a work that factors into its literary merit.

Books included in the Western Canon are part of an ongoing conversation; no matter how beautiful the prose of a work is, if it is hollow, it will ultimately stand silent in the corner- a non-contributor and non-entity.
>>
>>8299683
>>8299920
half-way through IJ as well desu. Can confirm the uncontrollable laughter at the Eschaton scene. Fucking Ingersoll lobbing that warhead had me reeling...
>>
Finish the book you started already you fucking pussy
>>
>>8299763
That version is the Constance Garnett translation, which you can find on Project Gutenberg. They did modernize the spelling of the names though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.