[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraft thread Why is this guy so based?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Call_of_Cthulhu_RPG_1st_ed_1981.jpg (45KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
Call_of_Cthulhu_RPG_1st_ed_1981.jpg
45KB, 250x351px
Lovecraft thread

Why is this guy so based?
>>
JOSHI: A MYSTICAL POETIC GENIUS

HOUELLEBECQ: HIS PRIMORDIAL FEAR OF NI-- "THE OTHER" MADE HIM GOOD AT DEPICTING IT

GRANT AND OCCULTISTS: HE WAS CHANNELING REAL SHIT AND WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

POP CULTURE: LOL CTHULHU FTW XD

ME: WHOA, SPOOKY
>>
Because his name
>>
>A twin fisted existentialist, whose post-Nietzschian sensibilities reject the lantern of the cynic in a quest for a sun that leaves no shadow.
-Harold Bloom on Lovecraft
>>
>talk to girl who said she just bought a book of Lovecraft stories
>at some point later, read on 4chan that girls "like" Lovecraft but don't actually read him
>inwardly laugh because I have met a girl who was going to start reading them
>talk to her again and she says she never read them

Sorry for inwardly laughing at you, Anon, you were right all along.
>>
>>8298641
He had a lot of solid influences (Poe, Machen, Blackwood, Le Fanu), kept obsessively refining technique, and was terrified of swarthy foreigners/inbreeding and inherited madness/squid
>>
I still consider him one of my favorites but haven't read one of his tales since HS. Gotta bust out my old collection soon.
>>
>>8298955
Alot of his work is available here http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/fiction/
>>
File: HPL-grave.jpg (858KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
HPL-grave.jpg
858KB, 2000x2000px
>>8298641
Because he was well-read, kept good company (mostly epistolary), and had a fevered paranoid imagination. I got to go to NecronomiCon last year in Providence, give a paper, see his grave, the observatory he hung out at, go to the costume ball and prayer breakfast, buy rare books, etc. It was a great time.
>>
>Go to /lit/
>HPL and Ligotti next to each other on the catalog
The stars are right
>>
>>8298686
Decent post.
>>8298707
My sister loves Lovecraft and even bought me a nice edition of one of his collections because she wanted me to read it so much. She does have mild autism, though.
>>
File: 1459710767907.jpg (118KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459710767907.jpg
118KB, 496x700px
>>
>>8299350
>mild autism
Asperger's or? I've found aspie girls to make the best lit companions
>>
Lovecraft is racist though, every1 should hate him.
>>
>>8299355
I keked
pretty much domes up his work
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.