[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are the reviews so bad? was it really shit? I liked never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 22522805.jpg (164KB, 318x464px) Image search: [Google]
22522805.jpg
164KB, 318x464px
why are the reviews so bad? was it really shit? I liked never let me go, the remains of the day and the unconsoled. how does this compare?
>>
It's very different. I wasn't a fan but I've seen people on here raving about it.

It's more like The Unconsoled than it is his other books, but in a pre-medieval setting.
>>
>>8297425
if you liked all of those you'll like buried giant
>>
the contemporary critic praises books for their bold prose and contemporary wit. you'll like the buried giant though if you're a fan of ishiguro. the structure of the writing is very refreshing compared to what else is on the market these days. imo this was a far more "emotional" read than those other books you listed.
>>
>>8297604
oh shit are you serious. both never let me go and the remains of the day made me tear up. alright I'm in. I love books that make me a bitch.
>>
I just finished Never Let Me Go and have read The Buried Giant in the past and was not very fond of either. Is it worth reading anymore Ishiguro or are the rest of his novels quite similar?
>>
>>8297980
honestly try out remains of the day. it's really funny and sad.
>>
>>8297980
why didn't you like never let me go? we're you never secretly in love with someone as a kid? did you never have random sex a teenager? did you never go on road trips with your friends? wtf is wrong with you reeeeeeeee
>>
>>8297980
read the unconsoled
>>
>>8298015
Never Let Me Go felt like a weird mix of YA fiction with Sci Fi.

Remains of the Day and Buried Giant are really good.
>>
>>8298015
Actually yes to all of those. Also the first school was the part I enjoyed the most. At the time I thought it was going to be a novel about nostalgia and faded early memories rarefied by their distance and ambiguity, and a willful engaging in fantasy. Then it turns out it wasn't.

>>8298002
I'm not really a big fan of feels novels, or at least novels that where the feels intention firmly on their sleeve. Is it more than just being funny and touching?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.