[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semniotic Analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: facebook_reactions-05.png (3KB, 80x122px) Image search: [Google]
facebook_reactions-05.png
3KB, 80x122px
tl;dr I cannot write my essay (semniotic analysis of song lyrics) and I am losing mental stability over it. HELP. PLEASE.

I'm doing a semniotic analysis of Empire Ants - Gorillaz. Specifically the lyrical content. This is a plea for someone to shed some light on how to approach this.

I can interpret what the lyrical content is saying but I am actually at my wits-fucking-end on how to analyse this and make it into a sensible, cohesively structured essay that discusses metaphorical meanings and deconstructs signifers and the signified.

WHAT THE ACTUAL MOTHER-FUCK I AM LOSING IT. I DON'T GET WHY THIS IS SO GOD DAMNED HARD. FUCK!!!
>>
>>8296254
semniotic? did you mean semiotic? you did spell it as semniotic twice so I assume it can't be a mistake...
>>
Wow... I've said and written 'semniotic' since first being put onto this assignment... gross misunderstanding on my part... I never even once noticed google correcting me. You've already shaken the foundations of this for me. Thank you anon.
>>
>>8296337
You ignorant pleb, thou shall study, semniotic bastard. Have you ever read a book in your entire life, fucker?
>>
>>8296254
What does it even mean to peruse at a semiotic understanding of this lyrics? Seems like it's a vast task... I mean, doesn't semiotic englobe the whole of the human languages, its components, phonetic or visual?

Namely, a sign is something, A, which brings something, B, its interpretant sign determined or created by it, into the same sort of correspondence with something, C, its object, as that in which itself stands to C.

And of a gorillaz song to top it off.
>>
>>8297878
>englobe
stopped reading.
>>
>>8297901
englobe is a word which comes from french which is to put together in the shape of a globe. I think it fits nicely with a worldly thing such as languages, since they are of the world. Metaphors and shit.
>>
File: memepipe.jpg (51KB, 1300x898px) Image search: [Google]
memepipe.jpg
51KB, 1300x898px
Just submit pic related, you will get an A for sure.
>>
>>8296254
You need to drop the terms employed by Saussure. There isn't any more to that approach. signifier/signified, symbol/icon, denotation/connotation et al.

I've googled the lyrics. It seems the song yields very well to an analysis like this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.