[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm writing a screenplay set mostly in the 1710s in southwest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

I'm writing a screenplay set mostly in the 1710s in southwest England. Have thematic foundation, characterisation etc. all complete along with the first 33 mins, which are set in the present day. I know how it's going to end and the thematic, character arc and plot points I need to hit along the way. However I have struggled to find useful resources for historical research so far- I don't really want to start fleshing out the rest of the story until I have a better understanding of ordinary (read: not ruling classes) life etc. of the period and can bring the screenplay to life.

In addition I don't seem to be able to find many artists' impressions of, say, what an ordinary English town would look like in the era, just unrealistic cartoonish woodcuts and suchlike made at the time, which makes it hard for me to get a grasp on my setting in a really visceral and tactile sense. I want an earthy tone, think There Will Be Blood or the earthbound portions of Interstellar, and that's not easy to do when there doesn't seem to be a lot of material to sink one's teeth into. Also not sure whether to err towards 1700s resources or 1600s as it's so early into the century.

Obviously I know that too much historical detail can overload a screenplay and can be unnecessary, but it's good to have a sense for the setting you're writing. Anyone with experience in historical fiction here?
>>
>>8294633
check out Lindybeige on youtube, good starting point. I am writing a book set some while earlier then you and trying to research lots of the same stuff.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.