[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are audiobooks cheating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Are audiobooks cheating?
>>
They won't get into patricianhood heaven, if that's what you mean.
>>
I didn't think so, but when I told my bookshelf that it fucking divorced me.
>>
Ask this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MdSlyBnG0
>>
You won't comprehend anything more complex than Hunger Games so whatever, enjoy wasting your time on trash.
>>
The only way to cheat anything is to pull a Tai Lopez
Audiobooks are fine

Books>eBooks>Audiobooks>>>>>>>>>>Tai Lopez
>>
>>8244006
There is an absolute patrician audio book of beyond good and evil around, that stuff was meant to be read aloud.
>>
This man makes audiobooks an art. Its not cheating in this case.

I've turned to Audiobooks in the midst of college. I already read enough textbooks that it takes the joy out of sitting down and reading a book for fun. Audiobooks let me "read" while in bed prepping to go to sleep or on a drive.

Once I'm done with college, I will go back to the paper gods.
>>
>>8244106
oops forgot picture. Frank Muller

Anything by Scott Brick is also a good listen
>>
Audiobooks aren't cheating, but you're basically doing your reading through a middleman and losing something in the process
>>
nah. the important thing is grasping the content.

but i think that if you need to ask that question, the only way for you to grasp it is by reading it.
>>
No, because it's not a race.
>>
AudioBOOKS like Lord of the Rings are terrible and you are vheating yourself. Audioshort novels written in first person CAN BE great. I love Lovecrafts and Poe's audiobooks. They can be very immersive and I dare to say, it's actually better to listen to them than to read them. I did both and the audioversion allows you the same imagination but adds to it great voice and subtle music and detail sounds (like footsteps crunching the snow, rain, wind, might sounds).
Not all are that great but some can be truly magnificent.
>>
>>8243207
kek
>>
File: 1465883641994.jpg (56KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1465883641994.jpg
56KB, 500x385px
>>8243188
I can't, for the love of my life, pay attention to what the other guy says. Even if its a short story with an easy prose. I can't understand why.
I read about 800 pages a month with no problem, but audiobooks seem so fucking slow that I lose interest and then I find I have no clue what it happening in the story.
>>
Where would one look for a decent selection of free audiobooks?
>>
>>8246406

Audiobookbay.
>>
>>8244112
Not Simon Vance, disgusting.
>>
Nah
>>
>>8246406
I use librivox. I haven't compared it to any other services.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.