[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the OK Computer of Literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg (62KB, 275x271px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg
62KB, 275x271px
Basically a hugely ambitious masterpiece about the isolation and alienation that capitalism creates
>>
>>8222355

I think you already know, OP
>>
>>8222355
You should very easily be able to answer this question
>>
American Psycho
>>
>>8222355
Please, for the love of God, go back to /mu/.
>>
The novel Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
>>
Infinite Jest

Gatsby
>>
>>8222360
>>8222362
Sorry I don't read much, and also I'm specifically talking about fiction, I mean the obvious non-fiction would be The Communist Manifesto tho

>>8222371
>>8222379
>Infinite Jest
I've never read it although obviously its on my list, does it have any anti-capitalism undertones? I don't know much about it but I thought it was just about mental illness and that
>>
surely you,

wait for it

>infinitely jest
>>
>>8222392
Nah IJ is about as anti-capitalist as you can get, in a way that revolves around people's singular emotions and "muh insincerity and disconnection"

>the communist manifesto
R E A L L Y nigga
>>
>>8222392
>Sorry I don't read much
That's pretty obvious. And equating OK Computer--an album I enjoy, just to make it clear--to the Communist Manifesto indicates, to me, that you have not read or did not understand it.
>>
>>8222355
Do you guys really think that capitalism is what creates alienation and isolation? Like that's totally not part of the human condition at all and not a major theme throughout the history of literature, it's our economic structure.
That's why we're lonely.
If only our economy were different we'd all be friends.
>>
>>8222421
>>8222410
Yeah I don't read shit and I haven't read The Communist Manifesto but I know Yorke was obsessed with Noam Chomsky's work, and I don't think it's that mad to jump from Chomsky to Marx
>>
Gravity's Rainbow?

Pretending to be an emotionless sci-fi element seems to be the common theme here.
>>
>>8222355
the fault in our stars
>>
>>8222429

the most rudimentary understanding of history shows this isn't true; you're a retarded faggot
>>
>>8222355
American Psycho basically.
>>
>OK computer
>masterpiece

t. embryo
>>
>>8222371
Please good sir, tell me more of this Woster Fallace fellow.
>>
>>8222371
>>8222379
>>8222398
Never change /lit/
>>
Fuck off /mu/
>>
>>8222355
American Psycho and Being and Time
>>
>>8222355
Bartleby the Scrivener might be one of the more obvious examples as well, although it was written before capitalism as we have come to know it today appeared.
>>
It's Mein Kampf, to be honest.
>>
File: 11.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
386KB, 667x670px
Thanks for the reccs guys but do you have any other reccs than Infinite Jest??

>>8224552
>>8224562
appreciate these thanks
>>
>>8223909

It's the correct answer though. Also you don't provide an answer of your own.
>>
>>8222355
all the books that I have bought and not read/read and not understood/read and been unsatisfied. I need to buy more books
>>
many people forget one thing

we are now used to the fact that good music comes in numerous quantity every year. But back in 1997, there was no good music - OK Computer was the first good album in the history and so the critics went mad.

so it was a pioneer in a way, many tried to play music up to that point, but everyone was shit, and then Radiohead came and shown that music can be at least ok
>>
>>8222355
The wealth of nations
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.