[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think of The End of The Tour? I just saw it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What did you guys think of The End of The Tour?

I just saw it and while it was obviously a futile attempt at...anything really I somehow thought it was actually a lot better than it had any right to be.
>>
it was pretty good. but i appreciate other things besides true-to-lifeness in the performances, i don't know if their DFW was accurate.
>>
>>8210908
>>8210919
Is it worth watching for someone who has yet to read him?

Not as an introduction to his work but i like lit films about writers.

Is it a decent watch regardless?
>>
>>8211088
It was only pleasing to me because i watched some dfw interviews beforehand. The movie is slow and doesn't really capture any of dfws wittiness. It also doesn't propose or enhance any understanding of pomoism. I liked it but can't recommend it
>>
>>8211088
Totes

>>8210919
The Big D's aspergers was portrayed more strongly than I expected, but I can believe he could have acted that way. The part where he got pissed at Jessie for hitting on an old girlfriend seemed silly to me.
>>
>>8210908
It was an immoral cash grab as the death of any critically acclaimed author/artist/entertainer is always a goldmine

It wasn't a bad film, just shallow and banal. DFW would've been rolling in his grave
>>
>>8211109
i think his social nervousness was mostly in front of the press/at readings/with lots of total strangers...he seemed to have a decent amount of friends and have no problem picking up women (/his students...)
>>
It was alright. Segel didn't emote nearly as much as DFW usually did, but he was still a believable character. It was a good choice to only pay attention to that single week instead of making it a biopic. Really gives the opportunity to touch down on some deeper stuff.

The ending gave me feels, which I didn't anticipate.

>>8211116
>small drama with a box office of just 3mil
>cash grab
guess again
>>
>>8211211
That was a good theme in the movie, that with strangers you can't be yourself, but must work within the confines of social acceptability, which apparently was too tedious for DFW cuz he seemed pretty fed up with other people's social graces throughout the whole movie.
>>
>>8210908
It was ok. Nothing mindblowing, but decent enough considering how much potential there was for it to be awful. BEE was being a bitchy drama queen when he talked about how cloying it was, because for all its shortcomings, it was actually a lot more subtle and subdued than you'd assume if you were to take his "review" of it at face value.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.