[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got these today. What am I in store for, senpai?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cstortilla.jpg (23KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cstortilla.jpg
23KB, 480x270px
Just got these today. What am I in store for, senpai?
>>
>>8163038
Oh shit! My brother took The Road with him when he moved!
Anyone got a solid place for getting book pdf for android?
>>
>>8163050
read the sticky you filthy pleb
>>
>>8163038
Not familiar with the Lewis title, read that first, let me know hehe
>>
>>8163050
get an analog copy my familia, holding books is da best
>>
>>8163038
I personally enjoyed The Road very much.
It's not exactly /lit/ approved but it's a personal favorite of mine. It's not like McCarthy's other works, so it's also divisive among his readers.
>>
>>8163059
Hmmm, is it a far departure from his other works? How do you mean, will I recognize it as mccarthy right away, or
>>
>>8163052
>on /lit/
>bastardizes language with shitstains like "pleb". I bet you use "cuck" as a pejorative too, schwuler.
>>
>>8163055
I did have it, but I was 90%, I'm not going to ...well fuck it I'll just finish it at the book rental.
>>
The Screwtape Letters is wonderful. As the back of the book probably tells you, it is written in the form of a series of letters from a high-ranking demon to his nephew, who is going through demon school, being taught how to corrupt human souls so that they can be harvested for sustenance for the demons. The letters contain expert advice on this process.

Despite this format, and even though C.S. Lewis is known to be a Christian apologist, the ideas of this work extend out of the Christian perspective. It is easily understood as allegorically explaining what it means to be an "evil" person and what motivates people to act in evil ways. It also speaks to these issues in ways that transcend any particular culture, society, or time period. Lewis gets to the very core, the most basic elements that answer those questions of what evil is and why people act evilly. Even if you don't agree with everything, or anything, Lewis has to say, you should be able to appreciate how he says it.

Also the epilogue is easily one of my favorite passages of anything I've read.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
>>
>>8163129
That's awesome, thank you. It seems relatively short also, will start with this first
>>
>>8163081
oh, my bad, didnt know you hadnt finished, go piratebay that bitch up then
>>
>>8163070
Well his prose is a dead giveaway, but it's mostly the setting and the themes that separate it from the rest of his works. He wrote it for his son, so that explains why it's different.

It's set in a post-apocalyptic modern time and it's about a man and his son traveling on a road trying to survive. It's more prominent themes are hope and gratitude, which are oddly positive for McCarthy. I mean the whole book is desolate and relentless, but that amplifies the themes imo. The boy is probably my favorite McCarthy character.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.