[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: crak.jpg (41KB, 330x498px) Image search: [Google]
crak.jpg
41KB, 330x498px
Define "postmodernism" without using the term "reaction" or any of its alternate forms or synonyms.

Also don't mention or refer to modernism.

Go.
>>
>“I define postmodern as incredulity toward meta-narratives,” says Lyotard (Lyotard 1984 [1979], xxiv).

>"Fist my ass." (Foucault 1965)
>>
gay jewish nonsense for insecure pseudo-intellectual goyim
>>
>>8121707
/thread
>>
Postmodernism is interpellation across and outside discursive bounds fixed by Enlightenment Era thought.
>>
A prank that went way too far.
>>
>>8121707
isn't that what they called modernism?
>>
>>8121691
postmodernism is the abandonment of the possibility of truth, of personal acheivement, and of practically all history due to its inherent unreliability

tough to define though, really. You just have to sortof study it. It's like defining art.
>>
All I can say about post-modern literature is that it hasn't produced anything worth reading.
>>
Put simply, postmodernism signals the end of meta-narrative. This is to say, there is no point of reference for truth. Look to Romanticism, emphasising what is natural is truth. Anyone who disagrees with Lyotard is either a pleb hipster fuckstick or doesn't understand it well enough.
>>
File: 1464839534325.jpg (36KB, 736x513px) Image search: [Google]
1464839534325.jpg
36KB, 736x513px
>>8121737
>>8121754
>>8121784
>>8121812
all gay
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 274x184px
School of Resentment
>>
>>8121707
Sounds like Hollywood to me.
>>
postmodernism=globalization/unification of logic structures via mass media and the media that resulted from this implosion/explosion/rupture
>>
>>8121691
Basically to qestion and attempt to go beyond standard forms in art, to give more credence towards lived realities, or the subjective experience of life, which means empiricism is inherently lacking a key component of the truth.

Not sure if this is totally accurate because it has a lot of overlap with phenomology,though it might have given rise to postmodernism. Feminism for example draw heavily from that tradition.

In many ways post modernism has given us a wealth of new artistic forms, and persoectived on life, while showing us that certain dogmas aren't as solid as we imagined in the past.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.