[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this literary masterpiece have so many haters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: atlasshrugged.jpg (466KB, 1059x1600px) Image search: [Google]
atlasshrugged.jpg
466KB, 1059x1600px
Why does this literary masterpiece have so many haters?
>>
a woman wrote it
>>
>>8114790
You need to be over 18 years old to post on this site.
>>
>>8114790
Because it's not very good to anyone who has read books that are actually good.
>>
>>8114795
>XD DUDE COMUNISM LMAO
I think you're the underage one.
>>
>>8114834
>DUDE ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH MY AUTISTIC PHILOSOPHY IS A COMMUNIST LMAO
epic
>>
>>8114890
Dimitru, stop posting.
>>
>>8114834
>implying the book is reviled for its shit-tier "philosophy," and not for the utterly poor quality of its writing

If you're going to keep baiting, I would love to see an attempt at a defense of Rand's prose or storytelling ability. Indulge me.
>>
So if this isn't the capitalist's perfect book, what is?
>>
>>8114961
Wolf of Wall Street. And it's a guide book.
>>
>>8114961
None. Capitalism can't produce quality art, since it considers it as a valuable good, rather than art. true beauty can't be estimated
>>
>>8114980
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8114954
>implying the book is reviled for its shit-tier "philosophy," and not for the utterly poor quality of its writing

It's actually both. Philosophers mock its shit-tier "philosophy" and fans of literature mock its shit-tier prose.
>>
>>8114961
'Anarchy, State, and Utopia' by Robert Nozick.
>>
>>8114984
Sorry, I should have written "ONLY for its shit-tier philosophy."

I made the mistake of reading the entire book a few summers ago. What garbage.
>>
>>8114954
To begin with, Atlas Shrugged masterfully depicts the role of individual initiative
and creativity in economic progress.The mind is the fundamental source of wealth and profits. It is the thinkers who are the true creators of wealth and who are crucially responsible for prosperity. It is capitalists, industrialists, and
entrepreneurs such as Hank Rearden, Dagny Taggart, Ken Danagger, Ellis Wyatt, and Midas Mulligan who reshape the world by being prime movers in the marketplace. These top individuals on the pyramid of ability contribute
much more to prosperity than those at lower levels in the hierarchy. It is the competent thinkers and doers who create wealth and promote human economic prosperity through innovation and the creation of new enterprises. f Atlas Shrugged is a study of the great producers who have the ability to see, to make connections, and to create what has not been seen before. Atlas Shrugged makes a convincing case that
1) the mind is at the root
of the creation and maintenance of wealth
2) the passionate producer is the
prime mover and the visible hand in markets;
3) the rational, purposeful, and creative character of the human person is reflected in the act of material production. It is also a how to manual for life: Rearden learned a great deal by holding a variety of jobs . Through his efforts, he ultimately owned and managed ore, coal, limestone, and steel companies. He succeded in life,and he gave much to the whole planet,because money is made possible only by men who produce.So, in conclusion, Atlas Shrugged contains a great deal of economic content.In it, Rand provides a literary description of economic institutions and conditions within a particular context. She is able to explain the proper principles and workings of a free market system. Rand skillfully illustrates the cause and
effect relationships of events in a society’s economy. As a lesson in economics,
Atlas Shrugged illustrates the necessity to analyze the immediate and long-term,
direct and indirect, and intended and unintended consequences of a governmental action or policy. Rand explains that the mind is the source of wellbeing and that the mind must be free to invent and produce new products and
services. Atlas Shrugged illustrates that government intervention discourages
innovation and risk-taking and obstructs the process of wealth creation. It also
demonstrates that wealth is not causeless and that by removing the cause (i.e.,
the mind) the strike removes the effect (i.e., wealth). Capitalism is the only moral economic system because it protects a man’s mind, his primary means of survival and flourishing.
>>
>>8115038
https://mises.org/library/unity-and-integration-ayn-rand%E2%80%99s-atlas-shrugged

1) This is a summary of Rand's philosophy and how she reveals it through her characters. Not a defense of the quality of her writing.

2) You just copied and pasted text from someone else's essay.

Come on man, this is some low-grade bait. I want to see some creative effort here. Put your heart and soul into it. Work for it.
>>
>>8114790
If it's stolen ideas weren't already done to death before hand, if its ideas weren't based on scientific facts before hand, if we hadn't discovered psychologically speaking why making everything a "EVERYONE FOR THEMSELVES AAA!!!!!!!" society

It's because her prose sucks and she's a shit writer lol
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.