[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Characters who did nothing wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

ITT: Characters who did nothing wrong
>>
>>8103862
Pearl was best girl.
>>
File: 1432451099629.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432451099629.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>8103862
>>
Obligatory
>>
File: 17790587._SY540_[1].jpg (50KB, 376x540px) Image search: [Google]
17790587._SY540_[1].jpg
50KB, 376x540px
>>8103872
I'm tempted to read the book but it's just cuckoldry, the novel
>>
File: caspar goodwood apparently.jpg (35KB, 677x574px) Image search: [Google]
caspar goodwood apparently.jpg
35KB, 677x574px
>>8103862
the scarlet letter was fabulous
>>
>>8103883
Fuck, that novel made me feel guilty since I was totally with the protagonist.
>>
File: 1457785579311.png (91KB, 444x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457785579311.png
91KB, 444x360px
>>8103892
Same, I also unironically want to make the leap of faith and become a "good person" but I'm still stuck in this edgy nihilistic "Stirner was the only philosopher who was right" phase.

I can't just start to believe in God and have everything get better either, because just saying it doesn't make it true and I honestly don't believe. Maybe I just need to mature a bit (I been thinking this for a while though and it still hasn't happened yet).
>>
>>8104854
>wanting to believe something
>disliking the A E S T H E T I C of what you do believe in
How can you be so spooked, and yet so obsessed with being despooked?
>>
>>8105099
Truth and love are spooks ONLY if you don't believe in God. If you don't steal money because you see a cop standing next to the it, it's not a spook: There is simple rationale. Likewise devoting yourself to the cause of truth and love is not a spook if you believe there is a divine being who wants you to take up this cause.

It seems kind of sinister when put that way but it's not. You have to make the leap of faith and if you do that you already want to take up these cause; God justifies your taking them up and does not need to force you to do them.

The only thing left to to that the leap of faith and fully believe that God is real. This is the thing I'm struggling with; not rationalizing it wanting to do it.
>>
>>8105130
Stirner does talk about this, you know.
>>
>>8103892
>>8104854

He did nothing wrong until he killed the sister.
>>
>>8105130
the belief that believing in god is good is a spook
>>
>>8105134
Yeah I know, it's like one of the first paragraphs:

"You are shocked by this
misunderstanding, and you instruct us that God’s cause is indeed the cause of truth and love, but that this cause
cannot be called alien to him, because God is himself truth and love; you are shocked by the assumption that God
could be like us poor worms in furthering an alien cause as his own. "Should God take up the cause of truth if he
were not himself truth?" He cares only for his cause, but, because he is all in all, therefore all is his cause! But we,
we are not all in all, and our cause is altogether little and contemptible; therefore we must "serve a higher cause."
– Now it is clear, God cares only for what is his, busies himself only with himself, thinks only of himself, and has
only himself before his eyes; woe to all that is not well-pleasing to him. He serves no higher person, and satisfies
only himself. His cause is – a purely egoistic cause."

Maybe this one. But he does not address God as an enforcer. If you think God will punish you for no obeying him then it's not a spook, but why should you trudge along miserably doing his biding and not take pride it it?

This also goes for >>8105145: God doesn't have to be good; if he wants you to do something and you are punished for not doing it then that's in no way a spook.

Now if I have a non spook reason for doing something but I have an additional spook reason for doing something, then what difference does it make? The spook would just keep me happy.
>>
>>8104854
>>8105099
>>8105130
>>8105134
>>8105143
>>8105145
>>8105172
Wait, I thought we were talking about Crime and Punishment.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.