[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: litstarter.png (1MB, 706x840px) Image search: [Google]
litstarter.png
1MB, 706x840px
r8?
>>
>>8099665
What are you implying with that chart? What do you mean with sort of smart?
>>
Unnecessary.
I predict that your thread will get a couple nibbles and die quietly.
>>
>>8099665
true
>>
>>8099665
I dont understand how this board works. Every year, every month, this shit is posted. Fucking Fahrenheit 451, Catch 22, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, Mishima and Stoner. But there is little progression from there.

Do so many new posters to this board attempt these highschool reading tier lists, fail, leave, and are replaced by new ones? Aside from some recognizable shitters on the goodreads threads, the same books are discussed over and over and over, people constantly posting IJ in their new purchases threads. Is it that hard to push past these "starter kits" and start reading outside the box?
>>
>>8099686
What books do you like?
>>
>>8099707
It isnt about that, I'm not saying they are bad books. Its just that this board never seems to progress from the books that OP posted.

Right now I'm reading Eichmann in Jerusalem, The Neapolitan Novels, and Skylark
>>
>>8099686
>But there is little progression from there.

What, should there be a "mid-level tier" chart or something? It's assumed after you finish those books that you've honed your literary analysis skills well enough to be ready for most other literature.

It's also assumed that you'll realize that /lit/ doesn't hold any useful information about reading literature and is only good for memeing around.

It's just part of the ongoing cycle of /lit/erates. There are always new readers joining us who get into "serious reading", and regardless of whether they evolve or die, /lit/'s always going to be shit for the reason I've stated above.
>>
>>8099707
J R
the lime twig
the razors edge
mama day
hunger
the easter parade
at swim two birds
all the kings men
light in August
the baron in the trees
life a user's manual
>>
>>8099722
I just feel like before /his/ the reddit chart got big I was able to go on every few months, go into a genre or topic discussion thread and get some good recommendations.

I've gotten great recommendations from this board over the last 6 years, and would never have gotten into NYRB books otherwise, but the same discussions over the same summer reading threads makes me wonder about the turnover rate.
>>
>>8099735
NYRB is entry level poopie tho
>>
>>8099686
you go to fucking college
and pursue your interests
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.