[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruthless Books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: machiavellis-the-prince.jpg (32KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
machiavellis-the-prince.jpg
32KB, 328x500px
I just completed my first year of Law School at IU, and I'm curious, can anyone recommend any literature focused around the principles of intimidation, sophistry, or just general persuasion and the like?
>inb4 lawyers are soullless ass-suckers
You can save it. I'm looking to expand my skillset, and you can't deny having these skills available is useful in any and all situations.
I've read the 48 laws of power, 33 rules of war, and the prince, to name a few. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>8091669
You can only really learn how to use people by practicing, it really is like any other skill. You've read enough about it you should now try to use it. It's like any other skill, you can read about it for ages but if you don't do you stay shit. It all really comes down to being able to read people well and adjust accordingly.
>>
>>8091669

how do you like it so far. what is your networking like. do you know anyone in the legal industry. what do you know now that you wish you knew before you went into the school.

i have a folder of titles that would be of interest to you, im not home though, answer my questions please and ill take a screen shot of all the titles if the threads still up when i get back home
>>
File: 51HImP4tNRL.jpg (47KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
51HImP4tNRL.jpg
47KB, 344x500px
pic related
>>
>>8091722
There is an insane amount of reading. Be prepared for law school to completely consume your life, because I can't even count the amount of days I've stayed in the library for a sunrise and sunset, or vice versa, in conjunction, just reading and taking notes. The work is hard, and it just gets harder as you go. It's not for the lazy, the faint of heart, or anyone who's shy. I spend alot of time here, so I'm naturally standoffish and unapproachable. I had my first mock litigation, and me, a 6'3" Hungry skeleton with a dead stare for the whole thing, faced off against a maybe 5'4" skinny latina bitch. The sass melted away real quick, and I owe it solely to just not giving a fuck and driving forward through everything. Being prepared is your best friend. Memorize everything you can, and as soon as it's not useful, forget it and free up some room.
Next summer, I will begin an internship for a law firm near geist, but obviously, I won't disclose the name. Any other questions?
>>
>>8091669
how to win over people and influence friends or some shit, if you think READING about these things will afford you the experience.
>>
>>8091752

do you regret going.

what other options did you consider and why did you decide to go to law school over those options.

are you afraid of the legal market since everyone is saying lawyers are not in demand.

are you happy in general.
>>
>>8091669
Art of war (sun tze)some classic/antic philosophy (platoo,socrates,marcus aurelius etc.)
Maybe some psychology (graphology,metacommuication related).
>>
>>8091669
>I just completed my first year of Law School at IU, and I'm curious, can anyone recommend any literature focused around the principles of intimidation, sophistry, or just general persuasion and the like?

I hope this is parody because it's pretty good at that
>>
>>8091736
Either careful bait or legitimately wrong.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.