[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/, my next English class requires that I come in having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1429926334471.jpg (414KB, 2020x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1429926334471.jpg
414KB, 2020x1300px
Hey /lit/, my next English class requires that I come in having read two novels from the following list:
Jane Eyre
Wuthering Heights
Pride and Prejudice
Beloved
Crime and Punishment
Brothers Karamazov
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Frankenstein
A Farewell to Arms
All the Pretty Horses

I'm leaning toward Beloved for one of them (I think I have a copy lying around.) Any recs for the second book?
>>
picture of dorian gray
>>
>>8036936
C&p or brothers k
>>
thats a random list... Dorian Gray is the shortest if you are just trying to quickly bang em out. But do yourself a favor and read one of the Dostos
>>
>english class
>Dostoevsky

what the fuck
>>
>>8036949
An english class is just a class about literature, it's not necessarily english literature
>>
>>8036936
Dostoevsky and Dorian Gray. easy.
>>
Read Bros. K and A Farewell to Arms or forever be a pussified ladyboy
>>
>>8036936
Dorian Gray and Frankenstein are the sensible choices, since they're both short, focused, and synergise well, making it easy to write excellent essays with plenty of literary and social context.

All the books are fantastic but if there is one i absolutely would deter you from reading it's Brothers Karamazov. Despite being one of the better books on the list it is just too thematically dense and varied for you to write about in an essay, as many of the ideas explored require this huge grasp of context and philosophy that would take over half of the essay to just establish. Similar with Crime and Punishment.

If you're analyzing the books separately go ahead and choose beloved because you can get those juicy postcolonial/race readings in that will have the examiner shitting marks onto your awaiting head.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.