[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean to be in love /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 1461712379804.jpg (21KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1461712379804.jpg
21KB, 400x388px
What does it mean to be in love /lit/?
>>
You will never learn, OP.
>>
Bad news.
>>
wait until some edgy faggot comes in to explain to you how it's just the equivalent of eating chocolate to your brain
>>
>>8026817
A man by his nature sees any state as stasis, and, without absense of change, of movement, misery overcomes him. Millionaire cares not for his capital, only more will bring him happiness. A writer is discontent with scribbles on the page before him, however genius: improve, expand, those are his obsessions. Man lives as a first derivative of himself. But love is different: a blissful state that does not beg to change - a peaceful, final resting place for an ever-roaming soul.
>>
>>8026817
It means that you would be okay with permanently remaining in coitus with that person or object. To be "in love" is a term used by the masses to describe some kind of transcendent feeling of attachment, but I think that it finds its root in ideas of and related to fucking.
>>
>>8026939
>but I think that it finds its root in ideas of and related to fucking.
I generally am the first person to stand behind him, but this post is the exact problem with living in a post-Freudian culture.
>>
>>8026817
you are going to die
>>
It means to feel something you ascribe as genuine.
>>
A lack of indifference?
>>
oneness
>>
love means never having to say you're sorry. you should try it out.
>>
>>8027265

1:01

https://youtu.be/PsjyehWzFGo?t=1m1s
>>
>>8026817
It's that feeling when you come home from a 9 hour shift hungry as can be, then just has you're about to slog out to the shops for groceries your bro knocks on the door with a bag full of KFC
>>
to feel hungry>>8027275

or sexy
>>
I was going to type a long-winded pseudo-intellectual paragraph,
but I honestly don't know.
>>
It's shit
>>
File: 1463026790564.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1463026790564.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>
>>8026939
you don't get it
>>
>>8026817
>What does it mean to be in love /lit/?
It's shit, and a waste of time. The only good thing about it is artistic inspiration and that comes less painfully with depression or addiction
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32KB, 466x382px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32KB, 466x382px
>>8027482
Edgy
>>
>>8026817
it's just the equivalent of eating chocolate to your brain
>>
>>8027586
edgy
>>
>>8027733
except it's better to your figure

>For John ate and drank to drive away love’s pain;
>But all he could do he grew thinner and thinner,
>Tho’he ate and drank as much as ten men for his dinner.
>>
>>8026817
Its home

even for those who have never had one
>>
To be in love is to get a glimpse into a spiritual realm, the paradise to which we are all headed. It is beyond physicality -- no sensual pleasure compares -- and it makes the most cowardly of men brave; the most miserable, ecstatic. To be in love is to feel complete, bereft of all desire. It is to be freed of your fetters and to float gently through a new and boundless world of perfect sublimity, where ugliness does not exist. It is to awake from dormancy, overflowing with life and energy. It is Truth.
>>
>>8026817
to post sadfrog memes and lament about something called a oneitis in greentext.

then finish the cycle by jerking off to 2d japanese schoolgirls.
>>
It really does makes living worthwhile. Your ambitions can change or fade, your living standards can drop, your health might begin to fail, but knowing there is someone who loves you is like being thrown a life ring when you're struggling to keep afloat in troubled water. My girlfriend has lived a fairly comfortable, sheltered and studious life. She knows I've suffered a lot with my family and with my introversion and so on, but she appreciates my willingness to treat her as more than just a cute fragile girl and in turn she provides for me the caring and tenderness I have gone without. We are good friends as well as lovers, and we make sure via small gestures (kissing in passing, spontaneous intercourse, gifts without occasion) that our love is mutual and consistent. I look back on how I was just three months ago and it feels like a different era of my life. I thought I would never experience love and my pessimistic view of life and defensiveness was so illogical in retrospect. I realize love doesn't last forever all the time, and that one day one of us may lost interest in the other, but to have someone you respect and long for express their excitement at the fact you exist is just so beautiful. She makes my life beautiful.
>>
>>8027750
What's this from
>>
>>8026817
It's the equivalent of eating chocolate with your brain.
>>
Love is basically mutual parasitism. It's the notion that your life is incomplete without there being another person whose validation and audience you can rely on at all times, and whose physical affection is supposedly superior than onanism and loving self-attention. Love is a sociological construct invented and adapted for the purpose of providing an antidote to the sense of isolation and confusion in the face of a meaningless world that most of us experience. Those who opt for love rather than living a profound if suffering-intensive life really have "sold out" in the sense we all understand. Notice how people in love tend to revert to a childlike state, relying on teasing and the superficial trading of witty insults and so on. It's absolutely disgraceful. There really is no wonder that most of the great writers and philosophers and painters etc died childless and without a wife or a long-time partner. Even in this day and age we see the natural heirs of these great men opting to live an ascetic and cerebral life in the forms of NEETs such as myself, who are capable of acknowledging the mediocrity that infects all relationships and the lives of those involved in them. As a KHHV I am more capable than most of comprehending the nature of human life and its apparently ineffable truths. In my state of pure suffering I have transcended the need for cloying co-dependence and the pathetic obsession with ejaculating inside the orifices of others. I have ascended to a spiritual and intellectual plateau of such great height that such things appear to me as pointless as the wayward scuttling of insects.
>>
>>8027836
William Blake, long John Brown and little Mary Bell
>>
>>8027860
Thanks
>>
>>8027858
Best pasta I've read in a while. If you tipped your waiters as you tip your fedora, you couldn't afford eating out.
>>
>>8026817
Imagine that you desperately want something. Imagine then that you can't obtain it. This is basically the feeling of love.
>>
cuckold
ˈkʌk(ə)ld/Skicka
noundated
the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.
"jokes in literature about elderly cuckolds and misers are rife"
>>
>>8026817
It's like those small furry monkeys with long tails who find a partner while they're young and sit on branches for the rest of their short little lives with their furry tails wrapped together like a twislers. (And holding paws)
>>
>>8027858
Saving this pasta
>>
joy followed by despair
>>
>>8027858
Pfff... I just want a warm and safe place to stick my dick on. I could masturbate only but it gets boring and hookers cost way too much for too little time. Also I need to hv sex at least 3 or 4 times a week and I am not paying so much. Already did the math. A gf is cheaper if you know how to look for. Also. This is fucking /lit/ board.

I am reading count of montecristo. Love this book.
>>
Typically it's the broad disambiguation of the elated emotions one feels when engaged in a reciprocating relationship with someone they have deemed attractive physically and psychologically, i.e worthy for breeding.

Due to the strength and prevalence of the aforementioned emotions, "love" has also been characterized is a more general sense as the affection that one can feel for himself and/or his possessions.

I love many things in my life, mostly myself and my dog.
>>
>>8027826
Fuck off with this bullshit.
>>
>>8028389
Do you want to fuck your dog?
>>
>>8026817
It's like knowing unconsciously that whatever happens, you will be happy when you see her again.
>tfw moving in with her
>>
File: cannot make this shit up.png (3MB, 2248x7381px) Image search: [Google]
cannot make this shit up.png
3MB, 2248x7381px
>>
>what is love?
>Waking up in the morning
>preparing yourself for school
>think about what are you gonna do if you encounter her while going to school
>think about some cool phrases and corporal language
>go to school
>not watching her till you enter to the class
>hope she looks at you and talks to you about something
>she finally notices you but you are too shy to say anything
>everytime you talk to her, it happens with some friends joining the conversation
>when she tries to play with you, you laugh like goofy and immediately regret what you did
>months happen
>she started to be more feminine
>everytime she is near, your hands are covered in sweat
>when she speaks near you, you start to boil yourself. It's hard to talk like that
>your love grows everyday
>you imagine her making love with you and kissing each other
>you hope there will be a day when you have the balls to confess
>months happen
>3 years had happened since you fell in love
>she is pretty
>she has a cold personality now
>you bet she has friends outside school
>you start developing a sick obsession: your complexes mix with your fantasies
>you don't care if she talks to you because you know you can't confess
>but you still get too nervous
>your face get covered in sweat everytime she talks to you
>you want her out of your life
>months happen
>new year
>she left school
>you feel a void nobody can fill
>you will remember her, when she was young forever.
Is this a blog thread?
>>
>>8028474

how's highschool?
>>
>>8028487
It was normal, though. I'm 18 since yesterday ;^D
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.