[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book Youtube Channels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_mavsxcmGbA1qzcj1mo1_500.jpg (222KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mavsxcmGbA1qzcj1mo1_500.jpg
222KB, 500x733px
It's very difficult to find youtube channels for the books we all like to read and even then hard to find a good reviewer.

Post your favorites or your own.
>>
File: tumblr_nfhafjrmui1qzcj1mo1_500.jpg (171KB, 446x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfhafjrmui1qzcj1mo1_500.jpg
171KB, 446x750px
I'll start by posting one of my favorites who is pretty well known, Better than Food: Book Reviews. He tries to praise books he likes and convince others to read them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood
>>
All others are shit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmYrdMKC-d4
>>
>>8007960
if he weren't so pretty i'd call his videos pleb shit
>>
>>8007960
I used to like Better than Food until I realized that he's a massive pseud. All of his "reviews" consist more or less consist of a short biography of the author, an explanation of general plot of the book, very general/sparknotey mentions of "themes" in the book, which make me wonder if he really read them in depth whatsoever, and then several minutes of him reading passages from the book in question. Why the hell would I ever watch this shit? His Recognitions review is pretty much this exact formula, and even sadder, the only quote he reads just so happens to be the top quote in goodreads, as are a lot of the other quotes he reads. It's like he's unable to read literature deeply enough to find passages that strike him personally.
He tries so hard to come across as someone who appreciates literature, and maybe he does, but the fact that he has to create a youtube channel just to show everyone how much he likes books shows that he enjoys the identity associated with literature too much. If you like literature, you read it; you don't have to tell everyone you read. But, that's more a problem with booktubers in general. In short, Better than Food sucks, booktubers suck, stop going on youtube for anything academic related whatsoever besides lectures, and kill yourself.
>>
>>8008008
>stop liking what i don't like:the post
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDGnXtoHWY

;)
>>
>>8008016
nah it's a valid criticism.
I disagree with >>8008008 though on the idea of him going to youtube for validation. I suppose it's more to do with finding a place for discussion that you can't find in the real world as often ( combined with a little bit of vanity of course ).
>>
>>8008016
Link me a single insightful/intelligent video from this guy that shows that he read the book in depth.
>>
>>8008048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAsMYhmuyhU

his video on Fernando Pessoa to just name one. Also, since you seem ignorant of the fact, his youtube channel is not calibrated to prove stand ins for academic literary analysis. His channel is for convincing young/learning people to read books he has decided are good.
>>
File: 1460768243451.png (461KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1460768243451.png
461KB, 565x486px
>>8008022
>>
Another one I like but less than BTF is The Bookchemist

https://www.youtube.com/user/Krokgard

he mostly read contemporary american fiction and he gives decent thoughts on them.
>>
>>8008058
his video on paradise lost is cringey as fuck
>>
>>8008087
you should make a better one and link it here
>>
>>8007955
No such thing as a good youtube reviewer. Do you watch booktubers to figure out how to better pretend you've read books when you haven't? Pseud.
>>
>>8008141
i want to be as truly intelligent as you when I grow up
>>
Bookchemist is the only decent one imo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.