[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about 50SoG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 50ShadesofGreyCoverArt.jpg (47KB, 275x414px) Image search: [Google]
50ShadesofGreyCoverArt.jpg
47KB, 275x414px
Forgive me, people of 4chan, for I have sinned.
But I ask for your absolution, for sin was motivated by my desire not to criticize without knowledge of the facts, which is the form of ignorance I try to avoid like a conspiracy-theorist shuns scientific evidence.

I read the whole Fifty Shades trilogy. Downloaded from the internet, of course. Sin I'm fine with, but burning the money goes beyond absolution.
To give you an opinion on the books treating them as "erotic novels" would be almost useless, since in that aspect they're nothing special. Infact, and I am sorry for the total lack of modesty, I myself could have done better.
If you want a nice sci-fi series, however, this is perfect.
For those who have the picture unclear or unknown, the novel's protagonist, Christian Grey, is:
1) Rich as the devil
2) So beautiful that for the bloody heavens sake Bradley Cooper please go hide forever
3) Owner of some sort of galactic empire
4) Keeper of a rare example of gargantuan dick
5) Able to use perfectly the aforementioned gargantuan dick

Only problem is, he's a sadistic, completely anaffective asshole who enjoys beating little defenseless girls.
She, on the other hand, is a perfectly virgin, unexperienced, idiotic modern-Cinderella that manages to, in order:
1) Draw his attention
2) End up in his bed
3) Reach a compromise
4) Make him change his mind a little
5) Change him completely
6) Marry him
7) Have an average of fifteen orgasms a day in the period between point 2 and point 6
>>
Given these assumptions, it is easy to understand how the novel itself is worth a lot more from the sci-fi point of view rather than the erotic one, because buying Blake Lively is much easier than enduring the sillinesses and the needs of the protagonist.
However, I continued to read: being the sex-addict that I am, the idea of reading an erotic story from the female point of view attracted me a lot. I am a person that elevates to absolute dogma the desires of my partner and does everything to satisfy them, and the concept of "being on the other side", although in a figurative way, it was an experience in which I would have gladly immersed.
To this regard I was, in general, quite disappointed.
The writer has the merit of getting script and characters right, as well as the kind of public to target. In this sense, I feel somehow forced to appreciate it because the genius is also "speed of execution", but I can not help but think of how much better could come out of other pens.
About the "erotism", the novel is sometimes weak and vaguely childish, but mostly repetitive (the simple phrase "I moan" is as recurrent as irritant). The fact that I liked some parts leads me to think I would appreciate a novel of the same genre written by some author worthy of his title. The character of Christian Grey is definitely well built in regards of the mystery aura, the secrets (which were the only reasons why I went ahead with the other two books) and the magnetic charm, despite the premises of the story are not credible.
Besides, reading hundreds and hundreds of pages identifying with the absence of linearity typical of female thinking process (for females not introduced to the pleasures of double-digit IQ, of course) is frankly an exhausting experience, and I'll spare you the luciferin, blinding and balls-melting furnace that some passages, totally useless but apparently indispensable to the advancement of the wanna-be-plot, were. A plot that could be defined egregious for small literature niche (as every Nicholas Sparks novel is, for instance, since the target is trisomic girls), but for a novel that has been cited as a 'literary phenomenon' is more or less demeaning.
Fifty Shades is not a phenomenon of any kind but, as mentioned, sci-fi.
>>
It is the embodiment of the desire of all those women who share their beds with a just average looking husband which has not the strength or the will to fuck their brains out properly: to find a wonderful man with few flaws, and be able to change them, with the biggest FUCK YOU to rationality, independence and freedom of will, and putting in between a dozen of cervix-shaking orgasms(an unknown thing for many women, unfortunately) and all those sexual experiences that, given the structure of the society (generally repressive towards women looking for a certain type of relationship and practices) and given their perennial status of dissatisfaction, generally remain forbidden dreams, also considering the fact that they wouldn't have the guts of making them come true even if they had the chance.
In conclusion, a weak novel, with a weak character, for weak readers. A great idea executed with the carelessness of fanfiction and the vague aroma of Twilight, with the remorse of having wasted a great opportunity: think about all those writers out there that may have produced something better that will be ignored because "We have already a Fifty Shades of Grey".

Post Scriptum: to the engaged male anons, if your girlfriend is getting toxic because you practice masturbation (it is a misfortune that can happen), if she read the saga you can bring it up to her and shut her mouth * forever, since the things are equal.

*with your phallus
>>
PS2: Sorry any mistake, English is not my mothertongue
>>
9/10 nice
>>
Your only sin is typing like a faggot.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.