[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subvocalization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: b.jpg (26KB, 404x260px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
26KB, 404x260px
Do you vocalize when reading? Do you "hear" your own thoughts in your head?

I've always "seen pictures" while reading or thinking, but i discovered that most people don't.

I think this explains, why i don't like literary, flowery stuff or even poems. What is the point of beautiful language if you don't hear it?
>>
>>7993479
>not hearing with your mind, with different tones and voices.
>not evocating the imagery of what you read.
Doing it wrong.
>>
>>7993484
I hear dialogue, but not description.
>>
>>7993484
this.

Not doing yourself any favours otherwise.
>>
>>7993479
>Do you vocalize when reading? Do you "hear" your own thoughts in your head?
>I've always "seen pictures" while reading or thinking, but i discovered that most people don't.
I got ill a few years back and had to partially relearn the ability to read again. I would sort of auto read and find that I hadn't really processed of retained anything. I'm able to read like you again now tho.

The world record holder for reading also reads like this
>>
>>7993539
>I got ill a few years back and had to partially relearn the ability to read again.
wtf happened
>>
>>7993544
Aseptic recurrent meningitis misdiagnosed as stress.

It hurts like hell and causes inflammation in a similar way to bacterial meningitis. It's odd when you get it tho, like you don't exactly notice something's missing for a while. Like for reading I would go through the motions, then half an hour later be like " I can't remember any of what I read".
>>
>>7993578
holy fuck
>>
When it's fiction I vocalise with vocalise with actors voices, but not with non fiction.
>>
>>7993578
Holy shit what? It literally happened to me. I feel fine now, am I going to die?
>>
>>7993578
wew that's fucking brutal
how did you get that?
>>
>>7993598
You might actually be stressed. The key thing is it hurts real real bad for a long time. Then later on it hurts real real bad for a long time. Obv there's overlap with migraine symptoms so I got the ol stress diagnosis at first.

>>7993583
Tell me about it. The thing that annoys me most was when it became clear something else was going on I felt there was a level of arse covering mode going on that slowed down getting appropriate treatment. Also they made out like recovery happens quicker and fuller than it does.
>>
>>7993605
Aggressive shingles. It happened with some stuff with one of my teeth. I don't really want to go into it tbqh.

I had quite a bad attack this weekend so it's like on my mind again.
>>
>>7993630
:(
I seriously hope you get better anon.
>>
>>7993630
get well soon anon
>>
>>7993630
damn dude, hope you recover soon
>>
>>7993633
>>7993644
>>7993651
Y-you too.

Seriously thanks /lit/anons, that's real nice.

The guy I was talking about earlier (to get back on topic) was Howard Berg. The techniques you can find him talk about on youtube should be legit https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dKXwgwWdS8
Like there. So if you read verbally that should help you start reading with more imagery. I think I went that way because of bedtime reading (I remember very vividly imagining the stories while drifting off to sleep) so maybe audio books at bedtime might work too. But this whole not really being aware of the language apart from how it changes this movie creation you have in your head I think is a good way to think about it. Also
> Robinson Carusoe
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.