[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darren Shan general ive never seen a thread for a man i feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (187KB, 1023x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 1023x601px
Darren Shan general

ive never seen a thread for a man i feel is entirely underrated.
>>
>>7990847
I don't know who this is. Could you explain why he is good?
>>
>>7990847
>>7990892
Shan's the name and pre teen fiction is his game.

It's not great stuff but was a good time when I was 12. Seriously OP this isn't really the place for low brow fiction.
>>
>>7990847

I'm a fan of his, but I'd agree with this poster >>7990904 . OP, try reading the Procession of the Dead that he wrote under the name D.B.Shan. It's pretty good albeit VERY teeny, but better certainly than the demon stuff has always seemed from its edgy subject matter and covers.
>>
>>7990892
well, i guess my take is a little biased; he wrote a young teen series and that's what first attracted me.

but for this series specifically: there are no cookie cutter characters. his worlds and ideas are entirely his own.
this series is fantasy/horror, and his ability to describe and his flat out ability to tell stories really catches me; he is actually the reason i wanted to become an author.
i don't want to get into the plot of these books too much, but if you're a fan of fantasy in any sense, you should give these a try. i highly recommend.

if you can get through the first book it only gets better haha
>>
>>7990904
are you kidding? have you tried this series above? of The City, for that matter. Procession of the Dead is by far one of the best books ive read tysf.
>>
>>7990913
>>7990924
!!!
i turn 19 this month, and im sure you are all much older and more devout readers than I, but still.
>>
>>7990924
I loved the book when I read it first, think I was around 14 or 15. Reread it just the other day, and while the concept and charcaters are still really interesting to me, older and wiser me can spot that his expression and dialogue need work, as well as the fact capac kind of feels like an edgy teen self-insert. Can't speak for the rest of the trilogy or his later work though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.