[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am creatively bankrupt...I can't create a story to save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1455777396982.jpg (30KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455777396982.jpg
30KB, 640x640px
I am creatively bankrupt...I can't create a story to save my life...

It always ends up being a complete rip off, or something from my life.
>>
>>7969271
Original thoughts don't exist, you think in a language inherited from others and you think thoughts that you have learned from your culture.

Just take it easy, friend.
>>
>>7969271
>ripoffs can't save lives
>>
>>7969271
Don't worry about originality. Just learn to have fun writing.
>>
>>7969278
I HAVE A SPECIAL BRAIN!
>>
>mfw people expect to just shit out a masterpiece

That isn't how it works.

You have to just write every single day, and know that you very well might throw it all away. Make yourself write and eventually, there'll be gems worth keeping. You shouldn't feel any pressure, considering no one sees it unless you decide they do.

It all takes care of itself if you just fucking write consistently.
>>
>>7969301
You're literally a meme machine, sorry friender.
>>
>>7969271
so just write about your life then
it worked for that norwegian guy who looks like an old dave grohl
he's written six books about what a struggle his fucking life is and people seem to like them
>>
Lots of American greats just wrote about their lives. Bukowski and Kerouac come to mind. It's how you tell the story. Finding your voice and approach that makes a story worth reading
>>
File: 1461213875459.jpg (150KB, 799x540px) Image search: [Google]
1461213875459.jpg
150KB, 799x540px
>>7969592
American greats
>Bukowski
>Kerouac
>>
>>7969271

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7969514
Is that what you tell yourself in order to feed your delusion? Because if you think truly talented people are not inclined towards that talent on top of being incredibly obsessive workers and learners for said talent, then you really, really need to step into reality and realize something about yourself.
>>
>>7969278
>Original thoughts don't exist, you think in a language inherited from others and you think thoughts that you have learned from your culture.

Except that thoughts are transfigured through social and individual circumstances which are transforming (the first transforming the second) constantly. Nobody has thought like us, even if we find ourselves in the great stream of thoughts and ideas, as never have these thoughts been embedded in this context and as such the ideas transform, mutate.

And but so if we were unable of original thought there would be no history of thought.
>>
>>7971412
Doesn't make them not meme machines.
>>
>>7969271
you just described literally every piece of work ever created. it's all about doing it over and over again until it isn't fucking shit
>>
>>7969271
>trying to be original
>not just trying to be good and then trying to be better
you're doing it wrong, senpai.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.