[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of Stephen King's books would you say come the closest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: stephen king.jpg (1MB, 1952x2560px) Image search: [Google]
stephen king.jpg
1MB, 1952x2560px
Which of Stephen King's books would you say come the closest to being considered literature?
>>
None of them.

/thread

Now go on back to /r/books kiddo.
>>
The stand probably.
>>
File: lit's_god.jpg (19KB, 414x403px) Image search: [Google]
lit's_god.jpg
19KB, 414x403px
>posting a picture of stephen king
>not posting a picture of stephen king in which he's wearing his autism goggles
>>
File: Author-Stephen-King-at-a--010.jpg (19KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Author-Stephen-King-at-a--010.jpg
19KB, 460x276px
>>7955512
also
/thread-ing yourself like a scrub
>>
File: 6m5TmV1roplgx.jpg (36KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
6m5TmV1roplgx.jpg
36KB, 500x300px
>>
Stop trying to show you're a good writer, just tell a fucking story
>>
>>7955532
>calling someone a scrub while simultaneously being a scrub yourself

That's the quintessential scrub move.
>>
stephen kings face looks like a cartoon skull
>>
why this nigga look like an oblivion character?
>>
>>7955511
The first half of Bag of Bones
>>
>>7955511
People say Hearts in Atlantis, but I thought it was boring shite and couldn't get through it... so maybe people are right and it's Moby Dick tier.
>>
He's so fucking bad at writing
>>
>>7956072
> Moby Dick
> boring shite

Literature is wasted on people like you.
>>
>>7956270
Yeah, and I bet you like the essay cutaway gags in Les Miserable.
>>
>>7955760
no u
>>
>>7955511
All trash
>>
File: RAGE.jpg (89KB, 536x897px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.jpg
89KB, 536x897px
Still far away from literature, but this is his best.
>>
Stephen King's writing is all about the tweest.
>>
>>7956361
Bingo!
>>
>>7956361
And we have a winner!
>>
>>7956361
This.

Also Misery is pretty fun as a meta-commentary on shitty fans, the creative process and self-editing. Still not literature though.
>>
File: Chainsaw Annie.jpg (54KB, 407x252px) Image search: [Google]
Chainsaw Annie.jpg
54KB, 407x252px
>>7957701
>Crazy bitch.
>>
File: 661.png (451KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
661.png
451KB, 1280x540px
>>7957767
>sleeping the sleep of drugs
>>
King haters galore.

"I am an arbiter of great writing guys! I am on 4chan unable to produce any, but I certainly know what's good and what isn't."

There would even be a place for you to argue and possibly provide solid points to your opinion but the least that you can bother is a smelly mouthbreathing comment about how someone who is writing and isn't on 4chan bitching about writing is shit.
>>
>>7957797
you seem upset
>>
>you seem upset.

So do the rest of you.
>>
>>7957797
to be fair he could be on 4chan and his writing would still be shit.
>>
File: spunk.jpg (138KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
spunk.jpg
138KB, 1200x630px
>>7957806
>>
>>7957809

He's far too busy writing about literally anything. And that's not a compliment.

You see, I can provide a legitimate criticism of his work. It's lazy, its often out of touch, several of his works are primarily just layman edgy content.

But this is all because he writes for fun. Hes a 21st century dime novelist who enjoys the process of having fun with writing. Occasionally his random fantasies are good. Sometimes he places himself inside the fucking book.

Regardless he's fun to read. Because reading and writing isnt entirely elitism and silently getting angry that the world won't respect or read your novel about Rome (because you think you have the spirit of a tough Roman inside) or some 2deep4u nonsense that was created out of pure pompous attitude. There are other examples but I'm sure the anons who subscribe to them have already shit on other anons who have those ideas and then secretly stole them, and therefore are acquainted with them.

That of course isn't directed at every Anon.

You get my point though, I believe. Or at least you should.
>>
>>7957836
>the world should be a hugbox
>>
Probably a grocery list.
>>
>>7957767

That's just bad.
>>
>>7957767
is this really in the novel?
>>
>>7958023

>Everyone should just be a condescending elitist faggot.
>>
>>7958480
I grant you your hugbox.
>>
>>7958493

I didn't even ask for a hugbox. But it sure is fun to use Internet words I guess.

>don't ever disagree with someone or else you are a pussy.
>>
It
>>
>>7958551
I disagree that King writes literature.

A hugbox, by the way, was invented by Temple Grandin, a professor of animal science who has autism. She's pretty well known.
>>
>>7958572

Few words that the internet butchers and beats to death are their own words. I'm sure you can list examples.

I also didn't even disagree with you there. King writes scary stories to read when bored.

The condescending and shit filled tone that came with it was what I found funny, coming from anonymous man children who like I said before think anything that doesn't speak to their basic values or validate them is trash.

"Oh its not the type of writing I like to read? It's shit then!"

"Oh this book challenges my political views or the author does? What trash!"

"Does this writer not write in my specific taste? Oh my god he must be a fucking idiot waste then!"
>>
>>7958572

It's not hard to understand.

It's not your definition of literature. Because you are pompous enough to consider things that you dont like to be not even considered in the terms that would regularly describe them.

As unique as you consider yourself, you are about a dime a dozen of elitists who are the proof that congregations of minds on the internet are always doomed to fail.

There's criticism and then there is just shitting on someone for personal reasons.
>>
>>7958684
I like some Stephen King. I posted the Rage book.

>>7958657
Some literature is scary, too.
>>
>>7958706

That's all besides the point. Your initial elitist attitude is what is awful and its only allowed because of your anonymous status.

You'll grow up, don't worry, bye.
>>
>>7958743
Fags rule 4chan.

Deal with it.
>>
>>7955511
That one book set in Maine.
>>
>>7959492
do you like olives? some people really love them and some people really hate them. ive never really met someone who was just ok on olives. not really a middle ground there. what do you think anon
>>
>>7959494
Unpitted black ones preferably, or if you're in a situation where spitting pits might be considered indelicate, then the pimiento-stuffed green ones will suffice.
>>
>>7959500
the unpitted blacks are my least favorite. green is where its at my man
>>
>>7959503
Not sure if I can judge the green ones properly, as every green olive I've eaten has been stuffed with something - almonds, blue cheese, garlic, anchovies, or the aforementioned pimiento. I wonder why it's the green ones that get the stuffing.
>>
>>7959523
i think that they have a stronger and better taste when you take a separate bite thp
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.