[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Political Theory, Political Literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (27KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 326x500px
Recommended books on political theory?

Currently, I'm interested in learning more about right wing concepts/ideas, but anything that's suggested will go on my reading list.

Pic is the first thing on my reading list.
>>
https://archive.org/stream/populargovernme00maingoog#page/n254/mode/2up
H.S. Maine - Four Essays on Popular Government

It's a history of the evolution of the various forms of government that are called Democracies.
>>
File: 1361426772832.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1361426772832.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
here you go you great plonker
>>
>>7895260
Thanks

>>7895263
Currently reading Brave New World. Lots of interesting titles, thanks.
>>
>>7895252
This is the book that got me into philosophy at the end of college. The chapter on rock music was the stuff of legends.
>>
>>7895263
>Did Six Million Really Die?
>Debating the Holocaust
>The Bell Curve

>>>/inthetrash/
>>
File: 378.jpg (198KB, 883x843px) Image search: [Google]
378.jpg
198KB, 883x843px
>>
>>7895412
Bwahahahaha!
>>
File: NA.png (35KB, 715x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NA.png
35KB, 715x1080px
>>
>>7895412
is this oc?
well done if so
serious chuckle
>>
Arthur F. Bentley -Process of Government:A Study of Social Pressures

Vilfredo Pareto ,Gaetano Mosca,Rinus Michels -Theory of Elites

Foundations:Their Power and Influence - Rene A Wormser

James Burnham - The Managerial Revolution

Machiavellians : Defenders of Freedom

The Ruling Class -Dr. Angelo Codevilla

James Kalb - Against Inclusiveness
>>
>>7895252
Intro: Max Weber, Andrew Heywood

Right Wing:
Samuel Huntington:
The Clash of Civilizations?
Who Are We?

Leo Strauss
Alexis de Tocqueville
Joseph de Maistre
Thucydides
François Furet (later works)
>>
Carl Schmitt, The Concept of the Political

Michael Oakeshott, On Human Conduct
>>
>>7895252
Once you read that, you will want to read his Republic translation if you haven't already, I think it is centeral to what he's trying to say in Closing of the American Mind.

There is also a novel by Saul Bellow, who was one of Bloom's friends, called Ravelstein about his character. He was in interesting guy, you should check that out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.