[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read books like the hagakure, any suggestions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-04-06-08-41-30.png (147KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-06-08-41-30.png
147KB, 1080x1920px
I want to read books like the hagakure, any suggestions?
>>
Read Mishima's commentary on Hagakure & also the Book of five Rings. Art of war if you haven't already. The Pillowbook maybe?
>>
>>7892642
The Pillow Book doesn't have anything to do with the others.
>>
>>7892642
Thanks
>>
>>7892642
>>7892649

classic /lit/ - just name drop shit that might be vaguely related hoping you look clever, without knowing jack shit about it.
>>
>>7892658
So you know much about this subject?
>>
Ideals of the Samura
The Life Giving Sword
The Book of Five Rings
The Unfettered Mind
The Demon's Sermon on the Martial Arts
>>
>>7892649
If you were getting into the overly-codified court politics etc in which Hagakure was written, then maybe it does. Also along those lines Tale of Genji. Or are you planning on becoming a samurai desu?
>>
>>7892658
Fuck you, the guy was super vague in his post. It's a book from the related culture.
>>
>>7892685
Book of Five Rings is good, be careful with the translation though, some are more oriented towards martial arts rather than philosophy.
>>
>>7892729
If you can get hold of it the Victor Harris version is the best translation.
>>
>>7892717
this comment is so mind boggling stupid

"Hey guys any books like The Art of War?"

"Read the Tao Te Ching. And the Bhagavad Gita maybe?"

"???"

"fuck off it's from a related culture"
>>
>>7892649
>>7892658
hmm, books that offer philosophical observations of the japanese character. i wonder how you failed to make such a simple connection? are you just an autist or do you hate women that much?
>>
>>7892738
What do you think of William Scott Wilson's translation?
>>
>>7892746
>immediately assume it's cause i "hate women" and not because you made a retarded vague suggestion

w e w
>>
>>7892753
i can assume wtf i want as long as you have a stick up your ass

im assuming you're an autistic faggot bc you cant accept a connection between the two
>>
>>7892795
>being this butthurt cause someone called you out on your shit
>>
>>7892801
im not even that poster.

you otoh are pretty butthurt over someone calling you over yours
>>
>>7892818
And I'm also not that poster kek
>>
>>7892820
>has to split into two people to cover his ass
>>
Great work Sherlock.
>>
>>7892842
>what is photoshop
>>
>>7892850
Wow. something I don't have time for on this matter...

B-backing away now, not making any sudden moves.
>>
>>7892591
The Meditations
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.