[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what'd you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 8430331964_d17994fbab.gif (4MB, 584x900px) Image search: [Google]
8430331964_d17994fbab.gif
4MB, 584x900px
So, what'd you think?
>>
Didn't read. Didn't think. There's no discernible talent.
>>
The voice of a generation.
>>
A light fun read, never thought of it again after I finished it
>>
>>7891407

Ching chong bing bong to you good lady
>>
I've been meaning to read this since it's been in my backlog forever, is it good?
>>
>>7891532
I do actually kind of enjoy a lot of Tao Lin's stuff, but Taipei bored me. He should stick to his gimmick.
>>
who the fuck has time to read this faggots books.
>>
funny moments. don't remember the rest.
>>
>>7892600
the parts in the McDonald's "he's producing" and "the sasketchewan teeth crisis" I laughed a good bit at.
>>
Not bad, kind of boring. It's somewhat enjoyable in a weird way.
>>
>>7891407

the only book i have read halfway and had to stop because of boredom
>>
sad, funny, insightful, creative, impressive, visionary. one of my favorite works of prose fiction.
>>
>>7892932
troll
>>
>>7891407
90-95% derogatory
>>
>>7891407
Is this a meme or actually good? I've always came close to getting it and changing my mind at the last second.
>>
>>7892943
it's not a meme. it's just really bad. I wouldn't waste any of my time with his books. unless you go into it knowing it's bad and just want to laugh. kinda like watching the room or something.
>>
>>7892952
the only reason we even talk about him is because he makes these threads
>>
>>7892952
>>7892943
I wouldn't say Tai Pei is The Room bad, but Richard Yates certainly falls into that category. Tai Pei is Tao trying to write more "traditional" fiction, and there are moments I would say are good. Overall it's more of an "eh." If you're curious, get it from the local library.
>>
>>7892959

Apparently, not anymore.

Back when Tao was still relevant these threads were littered with Tao samefagging and saying it was really good. Now I think it's just mira who occasionally promotes here.

Taipei is ok, he's the bret easton ellis of this generation. His autism-supreme prose is interesting, but it's thematically boring and cliche.
>>
>>7891407
His prose is interesting and even quite beautiful at times, especially the way he describes some of his drug experiences and his childhood relationship with his mother. I also really liked that he hardly described what characters looked like. But the book itself wasn't that interesting. I wouldn't mind reading another by him, however.
>>
Incredibly boring. He has no real personality and relies on drugs to keep him going. He's the perfect encapsulation of the average 4chan robot, and god almighty do i hate him for it

There were some nice sections tho
>>
>tfw no one on this board even read it in the original taiwanese
>everyone here is memeing based on a translation

kek
>>
>>7893427
im pretty sure this is a joke but the original is in English yeah?
>>
>>7893073
This book made me think he's a way less stylish, interesting or fun Bret Easton Ellis. Would you agree?
>>
>>7891407
I don't think I've read anything as compelling in the way it tells miniature stories of sadness, distance between beings, vague loneliness etc. Would recommend
>>
>>7893469
>he fell for the bait
>>
>>7893472
I can see it, sure.
>>
I didn't think it was that interesting but I couldn't put it down
>>
>>7891407
Couldn't stop grinning reading it tbqh
>>
>>7891407

When I was reading this book I couldn't help but think, "how many dicks did he suck to get this through?"
>>
First half was fun, second half was a boring slog.
>>
Not bad, but I enjoyed Shoplifting more

>>7895389
I agree
>>
>>7891407
Read the preview on Amazon
It was terrible.
>>
>>7895730
>Read the preview on Amazon

top pleb
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.