[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

smoking habits while you read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (3MB, 2880x1928px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 2880x1928px
smoking habits while you read?
>>
I smoke like a degenerate. I ruined, like, three books because of ash and cig burns.
>>
>>7888932
Were they good books?
>>
>>7888932
Adds character.
>>
>>7888911
I don't smoke but I'm thinking of trying it out of curiosity. Bad idea?
>>
>>7889179
you won't like it so it's a bit useless
>>
>>7889179
yes.
>>
>le edgy wannabe writer that does things stereotypical writers do
>>
File: boobs_plate.jpg (322KB, 705x705px) Image search: [Google]
boobs_plate.jpg
322KB, 705x705px
>>7888911
>literally defacing the book so that you can't read it but still get that "book aesthetic"
this is such a pseud move that it's actually profound
>>
>>7889193

Nice projection.

Nicotine is a proven powerful nootropic.
>>
File: dunhill.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dunhill.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
I've done away with the cigarettes and occasionally smoke a pipe or cigar. Maintaining an addiction wasn't worth the trouble to be honest. Same reason I stopped being a drunk, it's too much work.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
I implore you all to stop smoking and take lozenges, its similar, you get used to it and you're not killing yourself. Its 2016, stop smoking its not cool
>>
>>7889179
As a smoker, yes it is a bad idea.
>>7889193
Maybe it's just me, but most people I know that actually smoke (including me) are mostly blue collar.
My ""friends"" from school that smoke when they drink and act like they have a habit are the wannabes.
>"oh man i need to quit"
Nigga, you only smoke when you can bum off of me. I'll stop giving them to you and you'll have quit.
>>
>>7889179
Yes I quit. They taste/smell like shit and they make you look like an idiot. You can't write while you smoke either because the smoke gets in your eyes.
>>
DUDE
>>
WHERE'S
>>
DEVELOPERS
>>
>>7889179
don't. I was a smoker for 10 years and now I've been nicotine free for... a month now? I'm losing track but it's been a while. This is most likely the time I quit for good.
>>
>>7889179
I've been smoking since I was 14 and to be totally honest with you I still love every cigarette almost as much as my first one. I always told myself the day I didn't like them I would stop.

That being said I would never recommend smoking to someone. It's just a bad idea and you know all the reasons why. But some people don't plan on living a long life so it's irrelevant.
>>
Why is it that nearly everyone who uses tabacco gets addicted as if a fiend? I personally have never been addicted, and rarely smoke, except when I feel like doing so. I am always amazed by the fiends who are able (or even require to) smoke one pack or more a day.
Could someone explain to me why there's this need to smoke such an excessive amount daily?
>>
>>7889173
bitch u guessed it
>>
>>7889390
>>7889589
>>7889592
what
>>
>>7889291
Nicotine - yes. Cigarettes - no. Half a nicotine gum every few days won't hurt, but smoking is nothing but health hazards and misery.
>>
>>7890176

Not really. I smoke 1-3 cigarettes a day and I'm fine.
>>
File: canadia.jpg (684KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
canadia.jpg
684KB, 2592x1456px
>>7889179

Yeah probably. Where I live it's borderline illegal and really expensive. You can't smoke in parks or on the beach. You can't smoke within 30 metres of a doorway or window. A health warning covers up 75% of the package. You can't smoke inside a public building like a bar. A pack of smokes is like 11 dollars an I needed one every day.

I was also really scared of getting Crohns disease or having a stroke. If I lived in America or Indonesia or something I might still smoke but it's still bad for you.

>>7890149

Studies have shown that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine or heroin.
>>
>>7890225
Do link said studies, maybe I'm just an outcast, because I have no problem whatsoever abstaining from tabacco for multiple months.
>>
>>7890189
I wouldn't even classify you as a smoker to be honest if you're having more meals than cigarettes
>>
>>7889179
I started about a year ago out of a kind of curiosity. It's a lot harder to stop than you might think.
>>
>>7889361
You weren't much of a smoker if smoke in your eyes still got to you.
Refer to >>7889329
>>
>>7890149
You have to smoke it frequently for an extended period of time to start. I would have a cigarette or two from time to time, but never felt the NEED to smoke until I did frequently. I started at a shitty job of mine because they wouldn't give non-smokers breaks. Yes, that is illegal yada yada, but I was 19 and was not making enough money to bring in a lawyer for that kind of shit. So, I started smoking to get breaks, four or five times a day. Then I noticed after a couple weeks of smoking regularly that I needed to do it at home as well.
Yes, it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>7890242

http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html

If you "rarely smoke" you're probably not going to get addicted just like if you rarely did heroin or blow you probably wouldn't get addicted either.
>>
>>7890225
i live in vancouver and smoke wehrever the fuck i want (except indoors)
didn't even know these laws existed
>>
>>7890423
>handling
the most addictive part
>>
>>7890225
>blue camels
just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>7890225
>not smoking turkish royal camels
>>
>>7890519
Everytime I go to the USA I buy myself a carton of turkish royals. Sometimes a friend brings some back from a trip. I got one pack left in my last carton. I don't even know if I could get them mailed to me.
>>
File: doobie.jpg (28KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
doobie.jpg
28KB, 301x450px
>>7890500
>wehrever the fuck i want (except indoors)

a true dipshit if ever there was one
>>
>>7890225
Crohns Disease from smoking? I never heard of this... It explains... A lot about me.
>>
>>7890423
Interesting, thanks. I never bothered to come near cocaine mostly due to how addictive it seemed to be for most - but I suppose it is less than what I expected it to be.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.