[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on "Into the Wild"? Was Chris crazy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Chris_McCandless.png (106KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_McCandless.png
106KB, 260x195px
Thoughts on "Into the Wild"?

Was Chris crazy?
>>
>>7883758
I come to /lit/ once every 2 years or so but I swear every time I do there's a thread about this idiot
what the fuck
>>
I could bet those numbers up there were used was as a 4chan captcha.
>>
>>7883758
friggin loved that book in grade 11
>>
>>7883758

He was a fucking idiot. As are the people that idolize him.
>>
>>7883758

He was a special sort of guy. He was not crazy, his heart was on fire and he was searching desperately for water.

He's a hero for going as far as he did, a model that you can do that sort of thing still, yet also a "caveata" to like minds.

>>7883854

I think part of appreciating him is feeling a deep sympathy for him.
Also there was a really interesting interview I heard with his sister, who has recently written a book. She strongly believes that Chris basically left due to the abuse and hardship of his home life. She felt Krakauer got it wrong because she didn't want to share certain letters/thoughts back when he was writing/interviewing her for fear that she might devastate her parents.
>>
I fucking hate when I click on the picture and it expands barely or not at all. Fuck you. Tired of this shit.
>>
>>7883828
it's actually not that often

source: here every day
>>
>>7883758
He was intelligent but also sheltered and incredibly naive, and he paid the price for it.
>>
>>7884660
hover for images is best i think
>>
>>7884885
/thread

At least he had the guts to go all they way and try instead of just having a shitty little gap year helping people in some African hellhole then ditching everything he believed in.
>>
Awesome dude. I'm not sure I could saw my own arm off.
>>
DUDE
>>
I don't think he was crazy, he was rather to impulsive to go to Alaska and live "the life". Which
i think caused him to not pay attention to the details that led him to his death.
>>
who ain't
>>
>>7884933
kek
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 320x321px
>>7884644
>He was not crazy, his heart was on fire and he was searching desperately for water.
>>
>>7883854
Yeah this.

My friend is an outdoorsy type and he can't stand the guy
>>
>>7883758
He just went about it stupidly. That is, assuming he ever wanted to come back.
>>
>>7885604
This. He either had no respect for nature or had a death wish. Probly a little bit of both
>>
>>7883758
His sister claims he did it because their parents were abusive. So he just ran away from home in the most retarded way possible.
>>
>>7884885
/thread x2
>>
>>7884644
>as far as he did
You mean a couple miles into tge wilderness before dying because of things he could have avoided with even the most basic preparation?
>>
>>7887590

Did you read the fucking book dickwad?
>>
>>7885498
Thanks thought bubble
>>
>>7884644
What he did was sure an heroic.
>>
>>7887649
>>7885498
LOL
>>
>>7887590
it was at least two thousand miles
>>
>>7883758
He reminds me of girls that hang around minorities and end up beaten and raped. He had a liberal conception of nature, but nature didn't give a fuck.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.