[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is nihilism the end of all wisdom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Kind-philosophiert.jpg (72KB, 800x683px) Image search: [Google]
Kind-philosophiert.jpg
72KB, 800x683px
Is nihilism the end of all wisdom?
>>
It's the middle.
>>
Is that all you're going to write?
>>
>>7873772
Is that all you're going to write?
>>
File: 1453166038873.jpg (33KB, 530x537px) Image search: [Google]
1453166038873.jpg
33KB, 530x537px
Nice pic.
>>
Yes

"In old days, young men had to study; they didn't want to be called dunces, so they had to work hard whether they liked it or not. But now, they need only say, 'Everything in the world is foolery!' and the trick's done."
>>
>>7873757
/thread
>>
>>7873864
/fred
>>
>>7873874
harry potter is not literature anon
>>
>>7873813
Its funny that the dunce insult is actually based on the great Scholastic Theologian Duns Scotus's name.
>>
It is one of many possible [dead] ends to the search of wisdom. It's a very comfortable place to inhabit, free of responsibility and culpability, but not an irreversible position. I'd argue it's even a necessary stop on the way to whatever enlightenment one finds.
>>
>>7873753
nihilism is actually one of the wisest things. zen enlightenment and wisdom is essentially nihilism. eastern enlightenment means seeing beyond the concept of enlightenment itself and understanding that it is only a concept.
>>
yes wisdom is the knowledge of good and evil and divine things (ie, the soul, faith, covenants with God)
>>
>>7873753

No. Wisdom ended with postmodernism. Postmodernism is the communism of philosophy, art, and culture. It is cancer. It was a mistake. It needs to be destroyed and wiped out.
>>
>>7873753
Who cares?
>>
File: ubermensch.png (87KB, 251x247px) Image search: [Google]
ubermensch.png
87KB, 251x247px
>>7873753
>>
>>7874279
This.
OP, don't convince yourself your searching is over because you've had an aha!
>>
>>7873753
It's the beginning of wisdom
>all I know is that I know nothing
>>
>>7874647
Yes, and everything after "all I know is that I know nothing" is made-up bullshit.
So nihilism is pretty much the end of all wisdom/truth.
>>
what is the point of nihilism t b h
>>
>>7874722
I think that's teh point dat teres no point lol haha
>>
Nihilism is a state of mind, but it can't be lived. It's a moment of clarity and realization that all of this is really superficial in the vast scope of it all, but you are here, and you must live here within the realm of consequences that are burdened on all society. So even though I may say, well morality is a messy construct of the system and ideology is a mixed bag of meaningless thoughts, I still have to get up every day and show respect to the world at my feet or I'm going to be a homeless bum or some shit.

But I guess if I were really a nihilist I wouldn't mind being a homeless bum, so there's that.

>>7873757
Yeah.
>>
>>7874647
That's skepticism
>>
I like that picture of the little girl.
>>
>>7873753
I would like to point out that people who say that life is shit or in any way negative are not nihilists, they're pessimists. Nihilists wouldn't be so spooky as that
>>
>>7876064
I feel like life having no inherent meaning is quite comforting and nice, I may not be grasping nihilism fully though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.