[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: bible_en.png (175KB, 335x411px) Image search: [Google]
bible_en.png
175KB, 335x411px
What do you think is the best or most interesting book of the bible? Not in terms of religious significance.
>>
>>7873021
For me it's Ecclesiastes. Pretty thoughtful wisdom literature. You can also read it in a sitting. Then John's gospel for his writing style
>>
whats the definitive edition to read of the bible?
>>
>>7873050
The one in the drawer of your preferred motel
>>
Judges. Samson is an insane murder machine who kills a thousand men with a donkeys jawbone. Shit would make a great modern action movie.
>>
Proverbs a must read.
Revelations is great for imagery alone
>>
I've always been partial to Samuel myself.
>>
>>7873050
A mix of Douay-Rheims and King James Version.
>>
>>7873021
Anything old testament or end of days

I hate all the moral preaching bullshit, but if you look at it as fables and folklore, it can be kind of interesting
>>
>>7873021
Proverbs and Psalms.
>>
I like the part thats stolen o wait..
>>
Job
>>
>>7873035
>>7873196
These
>>
>>7873050
King James.
The good news bible is for babbys
>>
>>7873196
Get a
>>
Amos
>>
>>7873098
And he sacrificed himself for the death of thousands.
>>
>>7873098
Yeah Samson was always one of my favorites. I like when he ties torches to jackal's tails and sets them loose in the barley fields. Pretty hardcore
>>
three books for desert island:
king james or douay rheims bible
the iliad translated by pope or fagles
the new science by giambattista vico
>>
>>7874424
also, book 1 genesis is the most interesting ;-)
>>
>>7873035
What is John's writing style and how is it distinct from the other gospels
>>
>>7874429
<johns writing style

wasn't the book of john written like 300 years later after john by some jew
>>
>>7873050
New American Bible if you want to go to Catholic heaven.
>>
>>7874455
>wasn't the book of john written like 300 years later after john by some jew
no
>>
>>7874468
then who was it written by
>>
>>7874455
THE BIBLE ISNT REAL.
According to Wikipedia and atheist scholars who have a conflict of interest with Christianity..
>>
Genesis, Ecclesiastes and Luke
>>
Ecclesiastes, Job, Proverbs, John, Apocalypse.
>>
>>7874474
John. The Coptic circles received it pretty early, which implies a 60-70 AD date. Of course Liberal scholars apply a much later date 100-200 AD because of Jesus' prophecy about the temple which came true. I'm going to go ahead and guess you aren't too well versed on this topic considering your "300 years later" suggestion is unfounded
>>
I've always enjoyed 1 & 2 Kings
>>
I you want to learn about life and God then go Old Testament. If you want to find Jesus go to the New Testament. That's my only complaint about the Bible. The whole second half is completely dedicated to Jesus. There's no more intellectual stories that teach you different things...the New Testament is a tough sell for me. You basically have to force yourself to find Jesus to be able to find great great meaning. Which I haven't done yet. I'm gonna do it but it's not something you can just understand without living.
>>
>>7874507
My man. This is definitely the best list so far. I would consider putting Psalms or Song of Solomon on here, but otherwise, perfection.
>>
Does it get better after Genesis? I felt it picking up more toward the time of Joseph but there was so much unnecessary information, redundant passages, and dull moments. Or should I just expect this from the whole Old Testament, or the entire bible itself?
>>
I've always really liked Isaiah.
>>
>>7873035
Johnny's gospel is remarquable but only in the original version. Biblical translations are all the same, you can't distinguish.
I like this babble from its beginning.
>>
>>7873021
Genesis.
literally pants on head physics. (i'm not saying it gets any better in the rest of the BOOK)
>word of God
>doesn't know the rules of science that God himself created.

No, i do believe in an omni-X creator God from whom everything and everyone came.
But these religious scriptures [vedas, bible, quran, torah, whatever] are retard-tier, family.

Also
>pillar of smoke and fire
kek, so cylindrical UFOs confirmed?
>>
>>7874461
>>7873310
>>7873164
i'm an retard.
am i better off reading ERV?
>>
I haven't read much of the Bible, but Isaiah was pretty good.
>>
>>7874941

Genesis is good, and Exodus. Leviticus is a fucking slog, half of Numbers is a slog, and then Deuteronomy is pretty interesting.
>>
Revelations is my favorite.
>>
>>7874941

Most of the pentateuch is pretty boring (exodus is the exception imo) but the old testament gets good when you reach the wisdom literature
>>
File: crystal boyd.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
crystal boyd.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>7875428
Crystal Boyd

HOLY SHIT!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.