[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate this novel, guys.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (17KB, 301x478px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
17KB, 301x478px
Rate this novel, guys.
>>
>>7867792
not as good as taming riki/10
>>
Aight I'll read it in the next five minutes then give you my eval.

Okay I'm done. Only took two minutes, shorter than I expected for a Tolstoy. It's not very impressive. Some evocative descriptions of moral and mental isolation I suppose. I give it an F, one star, 2/10. Next please
>>
One of his best works.
>>
It's the only one I read by Tolstoy, I liked it. I advice you to read it. That's all
>>
Max replies /lit/erates. No reply, no care!
>>
Read it a few weeks back. Very nice. Recommended for the young and idealistic.
>>
>>7868171
What is the point of reading any book?

Read it though.
>>
>>7868166
I'm 28. Should I read it?
Also, what is the point of it all ?
>>
>>7868176
Quit deleting your posts lol

Are you asking what the themes are? What the book is about?
>>
>>7868175
>Just read it though.
I'm sorry I just won't read it for the sake of reading it. Sell me on it.
>>
>>7868181
It will make your cock grow an inch and you'll become a stock market champion. You'll earn $10000 a week just from home!
>>
>>7868177
>Are you asking what the themes are? What the book is about?
Pretty much. Tell me why you found it interesting.
>>
>>7868188
In brief: It's about the will for and romanticisation of the ideal life, and its failure.
>>
>>7868185
I don't want to be "that guy." And I'm already a champion… but still, tell me what is so good about it? Will it bore the dying fuck out of me?
>>
more liek The Nutsacks am right guys?
>>
>>7868193
>romanticisation
Are all Tolstoy's novels the same? Romanti…
>>
>>7868194
I don't know what books you enjoy, nor do I know you. Judge from this and decide if you want to read it, it's not a long work anyway.

"The Cossacks by Leo Tolstoy is a short novel about the experiences of Olenin, a young Russian aristocrat, who decides to join the army and finds himself in a Cossack village during the Caucasian War (1817-1864). The novel explores a number of themes that were to become ever more important to Tolstoy as he developed as a writer: the purpose of life and nature of happiness and the truth of primitive rural life contrasted with the sophisticated culture of Russian urbane society. Tolstoy went on to write two of the most famous novels in history: War and Peace and Anna Karenina, but it was in The Cossacks that he started to find his voice as a writer."
>>
>>7868194
Yes it will bore you, go back to SOIAF
>>
>>7868200
No retard.
>>
>>7868213
>SOIAF
That's shitty and for plebs with shitty taste.
>>
>>7868219
Yes, which is why I recommended you go back to reading it. You're asking ridiculous questions and I'm surprised any anons are responding. You know how google works, you can read the wikipedia page on the novel and decide for yourself. Also, if you're going to ask "will it bore me to death" then it's obvious already it will bore you to death due to its lack of shitty sex scenes and gore.

It's Tolstoy for fuck's sake I mean you should know whether you'll enjoy it by the author alone.

Also, funny you say "that's for plebs" since it's very obvious you're a pleb hoping some anon will just throw a bunch of books at you that you can then post trying to come off as patrician.
>>
>>7868209
So, how much would you rate it? Also, does highly intellectual people loves such stuffs? Or are they just being showy?
>>
>>7868243
I would say I enjoyed it, and it has influence on my outlook.

I would say many intellectuals have enjoyed the work.
>>
>>7868241
…but I'm not the guy who enjoys SOIAF and I mean that most sincerely. Call me pleb or whatever but I found Anna Karenina interesting.
>>
>>7868256
Then you will like all of Tolstoy's other work save for his later religious writings, which might not interest you. Tolstoy was not a one trick pony he was a genius and his writing is phenomenal, you don't need a bunch of internet strangers to tell you this.

The next time you wonder if you should read something just google it and then read it if it seems interesting. Half the time you ask on here you will get trolled into not reading something really good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.