[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature with reactionary themes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maistre.jpg (52KB, 683x899px) Image search: [Google]
maistre.jpg
52KB, 683x899px
Can you recommend any works of literature—preferably fiction—with reactionary themes? I'm thinking, for example, of the works of D.H. Lawrence, with their reproach of modernity. The works need not be wholly reactionary, so long as they embrace at least one attendant theme.
>>
File: A.E. Housman.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
A.E. Housman.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
bump
>>
Junger for Luddite Reactionary
>>
The Deconstruction of the Deconstruction
>>
>>7862419
Book of the Long Sun.
Dostoevsky in general.
Fiction and non fiction of Chesterton and Hilaire Belloc.
>>
>>7863495
>Dostoevsky in general
here we go
>>
>>7863499
How retarded do you have to be to think Dostoevsky didn't devote a lot of effort into telling us how modern ideas are shit and how we should all go back to orthodoxy?
>>
>>7863503
>How retarded do you have to be to think Dostoevsky didn't devote a lot of effort into telling us how modern ideas are shit and how we should all go back to orthodoxy?
I don't think Dostoevsky was trying to promote any political agenda, or trying to preach silly, reductive theories, no.
Sue me
>>
File: Ernst_Junger.jpg (13KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
Ernst_Junger.jpg
13KB, 300x274px
>>7863479
I'm actually in the middle of his book The Forest Passage.
>>
>>7863512
he's widely considered slavophil

Later writers Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Konstantin Leontyev, and Nikolay Danilevsky developed a peculiar conservative version of Slavophilism called pochvennichestvo (from the Russian word for soil). This teaching, as articulated by Konstantin Pobedonostsev (Ober-Procurator of the Russian Orthodox Church), was adopted as the official Tsarist ideology during the reigns of Alexander III and Nicholas II.
>>
>>7863512
He was, although the fact that you see them as reductive is your thing, I think he was right about it.
>>
>>7863539
>he was
you really convinced me there, thanks good chap
>>
>>7863540
Did you even read him?
He is a monarchist, a pious orthodox Christian, wrote against modern ideas such as liberalism, was a slavophile, wrote a whole novel devoted to proving how bad communism is and another one about how atheism will lead to destruction of morality.
He is the most famous conservative writer that I know of.
>>
>>7863672
I agree with you about all that you wrote, but where did you see that he's monarchist ?
>>
>>7863706
It's not seen in the novels themselves clearly, it's his other personal statements and beliefs.
For example, he didn't think a communist revolution could happen because a Russian could never go against the Car.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.