[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Friday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: cross.png (8KB, 777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cross.png
8KB, 777x1000px
Hello on this Good Friday

There are several posters on /lit/ who claim to be Christian, so it seemed worthwhile to point out the arrival of this solemn day.
>>
Yeah, I'll spend it reading Belloc, go to the not mass mass and see some friends while I'm back in town.
>>
Dug up an old Roman Missal that was in the family and went trough Holy Thursday part yesterday, and I'll go through Good Friday today.
Then evening mass tommorow, and family dinner for Sunday.
>>
im a mexican catholic so i will watch people in badly made costumes doing a representation of the crucifixion.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>7849651

Today is also the feast of the Annunciation to Mary, so there's an interesting additional layer of meaning this year.
>>
>>7851039
why don't u reject the religion of the conquistadors who killed ur ancestors the same way they kill jesus christ? convert to christanity my friend
>>
>>7851286
otherwise he'd be practicing the religion of live, human sacrifices
>>
>>7851621
that's why i told him to convert to christianity u god damn mong
>>
File: wtf.jpg (27KB, 306x517px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
27KB, 306x517px
>>7851286
>this low level of reading comprehension
>>
>>7851627
nothing wrong with being a catholic mate
>>
>>7851636
Lmao but they like have saints and ayy like Plato Aristotle and like reason lamao they aren't fideists
>>
>>7851737
In any case, it's up to anon to decide for himself .
>>
>>7851635
Plath a shit.

I had to get it off my chest. Sorry.
>>
>>7851621
>christianity
>not a religion based entirely around an incredibly significant human sacrifice
>>
>>7851769
I'm writing an essay on martyrdom and how simple it is to die for your faith, but hard to die knowing how much pain your faith will bring to others making Christ's sacrifice that much more selfless.
>>
>>7851737
>>7851627

These are really not going to convince anyone to follow your faith
And on Good Friday
>>
Just got back from evening service

Hope everyone is doing well

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+19&version=NKJV
>>
I used to be a Christian, then I realized how gross using sex to win converts in the cult I was born and raised in was so no I'm not. They stopped after the aids scare though.
>>
File: 1458956126707.png (868KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458956126707.png
868KB, 1024x768px
What did you guys give up for lent?

I went without sugar and meat
>>
>>7852420
if I were a priest would I get to kiss cute girly feet?

Also is women in that a new thing? I seem to remember only men getting their feet washed
>>
>>7852420
Marijuana.
>>
>>7852435
good for you anon. It's something thats hard to give up if you have some. Are you going to smoke up on Easter like its April the 20th?
>>
>>7852420
Wow. what an honour it must have been to have been kissed by Gods living representative on Earth. And what a message the pope is giving
>>
I was planning on going on a big hike with my best friend/roommate today, but unfortunately, I injured my ankle a week ago, so the doctor recommended I rest up the damaged joint for a while before going on a 15 mile venture up and down a mountain. I'm glad I spent today getting some much-needed rest, however. Classes have not been good for my blood pressure.
>>
>>7852420
Gave up spicy food and just had soup for lunch; took up a prayer discipline.

>>7852451
>smoke up on Easter like its April the 20th

(Not that anon, and I don't, but apropos that a funny story from living in Denver: a couple years ago, the first year pot was legal in CO, Easter was on April 20th. In addition to a huge 420 rally downtown, Snoop Dogg was in town that evening performing at Red Rocks. So he had his big pot concert there, just hours after the annual Easter Sunrise service. /blog)
>>
>>7852420
Beer and memes but I couldn't do without memes for more than 15 days.
>>7852328
That cult isn't a Christian church man.
>>
File: 1368562209061.jpg (13KB, 225x251px) Image search: [Google]
1368562209061.jpg
13KB, 225x251px
>Be agnostic
>Eat meat today
>Feel a little bit of guilt

What if I go to hell, guys?
>>
>>7853019
If god exists and is omniscient like the Christfags like to claim, he'll understand your motivations and know whether or not you're a good person.
>>
File: 304.jpg (41KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
304.jpg
41KB, 494x640px
>>7853019
>>7853023
Not, in the case, since you wastefully and cruelly chose to consume the flesh of another conscious being instead of enjoying the abundant plant life he's provided for your nourishment.

pic related for meat apologists
>>
>>7853033
You're an intellectually dishonest faggot and I hope you get lyme disease.
>>
File: 310.gif (2MB, 234x132px) Image search: [Google]
310.gif
2MB, 234x132px
>>7853038
>>
>>7853038
My mom had that and couldn't find work for half a year.

Also using vegetarian arguments in discourse with Christians is fucking retard, we aren't utilitarians and another conscious being that feels pain doesn't mean anything if it isn't another human and you aren't being sadistic.
>>
>>7852328

Sounds like you just don't want to be a cultist, can't say I blame you.
>>
File: Lucenarium.jpg (374KB, 1820x2401px) Image search: [Google]
Lucenarium.jpg
374KB, 1820x2401px
Not OP, but today is the Rite of Lucernarium!. A must for me personally, as it that includes one of the most awesome incantations in western civilization:

Christus heri et hodie
Principium et Finis
Alpha
et Omega
Ipsius sunt tempora
et saecula
Ipsi gloria et imperium
per universa æternitatis saecula. Amen.
Prototip: Following mass counts as Sunday mass, so you can wrap yourself into armchair and spend whole day doing comfy stuff on Sunday.
>>
Guys I just found out that international jewery is real what to do
>>
File: lifewithgrandpa4.png (453KB, 566x795px) Image search: [Google]
lifewithgrandpa4.png
453KB, 566x795px
>>7853059
Yeah, before I was born they published promoting of cucking for jesus but it got purged before I was born so I didn't see it until later, here's some pics,
>>
>>7853651
What was the name of cucks for Jesus again? We talked about it in another thread.
>>
>>7853679
The Family International
>>
>>7853711
Sounds like a mafia organization
>>
>>7853773
They were originally known as the Children of God. Joaquin and River Phoenix were born in it. And Rose McGowan.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.