[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Hegel have agreed with the >2016 concept That is, since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1421131698597.jpg (101KB, 421x539px) Image search: [Google]
1421131698597.jpg
101KB, 421x539px
Would Hegel have agreed with the
>2016
concept

That is, since spirit is always testing it against itself doesn't that mean that the further we are in time the more rational we are supposed to be in a way?
>>
Hegel felt history had already reached its conclusion in his time
>>
>>7845201
do you know what text he says it in?

He says a lot of things that seem to contradict that. I thought one of his main points was that consciousness is always changing
>>
interesting thought
>>
Read Hegel's Lectures on Philosophy of History and (if your body is ready) Phenomenology of Geist.

You expect us to spoonfeed you?
>>
>>7847096
I've been reading it but I'm not sure if my body/mind is ready yet.

these threads just hype me up into reading more
>>
You're allowing some pretty corrosive thoughtforms inside you mind by reading Hegel anon. You're fairly okay if you're reading a translation, but if you're reading the original german you are lucky you don't understand a goddamn word of what he's saying.

Hegel was a wizard, gentlemen, and you're playing with fire.
>>
>>7845201
Stop spouting nonsense about you don't know.
>>
>>7847163

He's not wrong. History had reached a certain conclusion in Prussia.

i believe the he said that it would advance geographically further West, though. To Panama if I remember correctly
>>
>>7847163
I heard a professor claim that as well. Never heard the source of it though. A lot of Hegel is interpretation anyway
>>
>>7847172
History is reaching 'conclusions' all the time, but they inevitably fall into the movement and destruction of human activity, which in turn reach another, higher conclusion and so on.
>>
>>7847183
I don't care, he is wrong if he thinks Hegel claimed History as such is finished.
>>
>>7847187
are you claiming to know more than everyone who has ever studied Hegel and that you alone know the objective Hegel?
>>
If anything, Hegel might have intended to say that the particular thought determination prominent in his time and place (he is very explicit is saying that every idea belongs to its time and place) was finished, or that nothing new could come out of it because it was developed to its exhaustion, but out of its closure another one would come to be and take this particular Spirit and use it towards a new form of philosophy or history.

>>7847202
No, but it's obvious for anyone who can read that Hegel is a Heraclitean philosopher: there is nothing to be 'finished' in the process of History and reality, because those differences are reality itself.
>>
>>7847214
https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/works/hp/hpheraclitus.htm
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.