[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: LordOfTheFliesBookCover.jpg (96KB, 334x518px) Image search: [Google]
LordOfTheFliesBookCover.jpg
96KB, 334x518px
Thoughts on this masterpiece?
>>
Heavy-handed and it will always be high school-core but it's not a bad read. It's definitely memorable.
>>
A little heavy handed with the symbolism.

I don't like how it demonized the survival instinct, and the desire to seek out and destroy things you're afraid of. Parables like this always feel really flimsy and unsatisfying to me; you can 'prove' anything in a fiction where you're pulling all the strings.
>>
island of doctor moreau 1000 times better
>>
>>7840926
>kids book
>ass rape a pig with a spear

Why are bongs such degenerates?
>>
>>7840975
You need to give a "but" or an "is" in that sentence buddy.
>>
>>7840926
You should check out his lesser read work 'The Inheritors,' great prose experiment and better take on primitivism
>>
>>7840944
>>7840945
>>7840975
>>7841014
kek
>>
>>7840926
My english teacher thinks Piggy deserves to be called a Christ figure more than Simon, what do you think?
>>
File: 1456267430968.jpg (532KB, 2400x2996px) Image search: [Google]
1456267430968.jpg
532KB, 2400x2996px
>>7841080
I don't.
Therefore I amn't.
>>
Golding is a great, underrated writer (underrated despite winning the Nobel). His prose is as lean, dense, and hard as can be. In every book of his that I've read, there is a stretch of writing that is spine-tingling astonishing. I agree that The Inheritors is superb. Also recommend The Spire, Pincher Martin, and the supremely creepy Darkness Visible.
>>
>>7841080
The boy they killed on the beach is a better Christ figure d e s u than piggy or Simon

But the truth is that there's no redemption for anyone on the island
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.