[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At least a titan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Wittgenstein.jpg (164KB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
164KB, 902x902px
When will /lit/ realize that Wittgenstein was the closest humankind ever got to become god?
>>
>>7818196
Some time ago tbqh.
>>
>implying Wewgenstein isn't one of /lit/s most highly spoken of philosophers
>>
>says a bunch of shit
>says a bunch of other shit that contradicts the former shit
Yeah it fits.
>>
>hit kids
>cucked for half his career at an elementary school
>wrote a book shilling proto logical positivism, which was 100% incorrect

A god indeed. Philosophical investigations however is pretty fucking based
>>
>>7818196
>tfw the greatest minds have consistently concluded we know jackshit, and life's a lonely game of bullshit
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (414KB, 966x1208px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
414KB, 966x1208px
Wittgenstein is the type of person who would spend two months picking the lock of a wallless house.
>>
Barack Obama just nominated a "centrist" jew for the supreme court, holy shit, when will white people wake up and purge this judaic infection from our civilization?
>>
>there is no such this as a "private language"

demonstrably wrong, Wittgenstein was a giant autist

>>7818308

this
>>
why suddenly in the 20th century there is an explosion in "jewish geniuses"? looks a little suspicious to me, could it be that freud, wittgenstein and the rest are all full of shit and riding high on a spookewave? we have to put an end to this bullshit.
>>
>>7818331
Except Einstein, von Neumann, Oppenheimer... Hard to argue with tangible results
>>
>>7818331
secularism
u tarded freind/?;
>>
>>7818331
Freud was a charlatan
>>
>>7818344
actually if you really examine von neumann and oppenheimer's careers they were decent managers but didn't really do anything much themselves, von neumann didn't even finish an undergrad but somehow after ww2 talked his way into doing a phd at caltech (under some other jew professors) and produced nothing but incomplete but supposedly "genius" work, looks like a fix to me, buddy
>>
>>7818352
secularism for whom? if a jew supports a "spiritual homeland" then he ain't secular, not by a long shot, meanwhile whites have been tricked by the "secular" meme
>>
>>7818288
Op here, you fcking fargot, wittgenstein clearly states in the tractatus that he knows that his work was incorrect- the point was to realize what is flawed and why exactly it follows that we should remain silent about what can not be thought of. Get off the lawn with your half ass reading achievements.
>>
>>7818318
let it fall
>>
>>7818318
>implying you guys haven't tried before and we always come back.

We are the true Master race :^)
>>
File: 1454858654621.jpg (37KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1454858654621.jpg
37KB, 460x276px
>>
>>7818358
>I'm illiterate

most modern psychological theories either vindicate freud or refuse to engage him for reasons just as arbitrary and axiomatic as his own principles
>>
>>7818358
>muh quantification
>>
>>7818360

[von Neumann] major contributions to a number of fields, including mathematics (foundations of mathematics, functional analysis, ergodic theory, geometry, topology, and numerical analysis), physics (quantum mechanics, hydrodynamics, fluid dynamics and quantum statistical mechanics), economics (game theory), computing (Von Neumann architecture, linear programming, self-replicating machines, stochastic computing), and statistics.

He was a pioneer of the application of operator theory to quantum mechanics, in the development of functional analysis, a principal member of the Manhattan Project and the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton (as one of the few originally appointed), and a key figure in the development of game theory and the concepts of cellular automata, the universal constructor and the digital computer. He published 150 papers in his life; 60 in pure mathematics, 20 in physics, and 60 in applied mathematics.
>>
What do i read to understand this guy?

I impulsively bought Tractus and it's gibberish. Is PI more accessible?
>>
>>7818369
are you the same anti-semite from the dfw-pynchon thread? Can't you just stick to your containment board?
>>
Any suggestions on what to read after philosophical investigations? Are there even any philosophers that are "strictly" PI oriented?
>>
File: laozi.jpg (73KB, 671x660px) Image search: [Google]
laozi.jpg
73KB, 671x660px
>implying it isn't Lao Tzu
>>
>>7818779
>he published 150 papers

u mean he put his name on 150 papers produced by grad students working for him, but that's cool
>>
>>7818795

[von Neumann] major contributions to a number of fields, including mathematics (foundations of mathematics, functional analysis, ergodic theory, geometry, topology, and numerical analysis), physics (quantum mechanics, hydrodynamics, fluid dynamics and quantum statistical mechanics), economics (game theory), computing (Von Neumann architecture, linear programming, self-replicating machines, stochastic computing), and statistics.

He was a pioneer of the application of operator theory to quantum mechanics, in the development of functional analysis, a principal member of the Manhattan Project and the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton (as one of the few originally appointed), and a key figure in the development of game theory and the concepts of cellular automata, the universal constructor and the digital computer.
>>
>>7818789
lmao gb2treddit
>>
>>7818796
he was a j-w
he probably stole it
>>
File: 1458140792398.png (318KB, 667x606px) Image search: [Google]
1458140792398.png
318KB, 667x606px
>>7818288
>he didn't throw away the ladder
pls go back
>>
>>7818785
Tractatus defines elements and builds itself according to those. If something is one of the less gibberish works, then its the tractatus. PI to me personally has been disappointing due to high expectations, for wittgenstein was said to correct some of his flaws from the tractatus, and due to a lot of unnecessary gibberish. You might like it
>>
>>7818792
Can anyone tell me whats great about PI? Imo the only things worth mentioning there was the viewing room thing. Wittgenstein didnt abolish logics which i thought him to do after the tractatus
>>
>>7818308
Leave, any fucking time.
>>
>>7818308
you are a living meme
>>
File: kierkegaard.jpg (55KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard.jpg
55KB, 600x420px
When will /lit/ realize that Kierkegaard was the closest humankind ever got to God?
>>
>>7818328
> demonstrably wrong

demonstrate it for me then
>>
>>7819690
Explain pls
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.