[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listen up edgelords, post your edgiest philosophical views in here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 35

File: 1457985957488.jpg (32KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457985957488.jpg
32KB, 480x300px
Listen up edgelords, post your edgiest philosophical views in here.
>>
Multiculturalism might not be ideal.
>>
If there were a button you could press that would wipe out all life on Earth I think it might be the right thing to do. I'm not sure, but as a guy feeling, it seems the right thing to do
>>
Terrorism can be justifiable
>>
Solipsism.

Science proves everything and philosophy is obsolete.

Calvinism.
>>
>>7813074
I agree
>>
War and conflict are necessary and inevitable happenings.
>>
Sam Harris is an ubermensch
>>
File: redditbear.jpg (48KB, 610x450px) Image search: [Google]
redditbear.jpg
48KB, 610x450px
I'm starting to think Bernie Sanders might not be as pro science as I had hoped. Have you heard what he's said about nuclear energy?
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>7813090
>science
science for the win!
>>
>>7813081

I almost defended terrorism on facebook today.

Fuck Erdogan.
>>
>>7813060
The lgbt/feminist movement is a tool the capitalists use to reshape people into ever more obedient consumer units.
>>
>>7813108
>I almost defended terrorism on facebook today.
Careful now
>>
>>7813110

Nice to know I am not the only person who realises the corrupting influence of lgbt/feminism on the left.
>>
Antinatalism isn't such a bad idea.
>>
>>7813124

It's a boring philosophical dead-end.
>>
There are legitimately some people not fit to breed and raise children.
>>
>>7813075
>Solipsism
>AND Calvinism

ok, I'm mad
>>
Monarchy might not be the best system, but I prefer it to democracy tbqhwu
>>
File: Geneviève Castrée 3.jpg (29KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Geneviève Castrée 3.jpg
29KB, 450x300px
Letting everyone vote is a really dumb idea. Just think about for yourself and use logic and reason and you'll agree with me.

>>7813129
Dead end because it's based in objective fact.
>>
we need do nothing more than accept Jesus Christ as Lord, Savior, and Creator of the universe to be saved

i don't think it's right that society has attempted to educate/shame out of us our disgust of the severely mentally/psychically handicapped.

multiculturalism is bad

merit based achievements should be the only achievements (This trickles down to the idea of Color person college dollars)

there is a very real attempt to ruin our nation taking place, and the prevalence of misinformation makes connecting dots appear absurd--unless you are one of five news agencies with name recognition.

i believe work could help many poor blacks in America (welfare is a rotten idea)

power changes hands too often

there is nothing wrong with Russia taking Ukraine

israel did 9/11

Television is bad

Internet is bad

Film is bad

kids should only play stick ball
>>
>>7813131

That's not philosophy, it's simple eugenics
>>
>>7813204
Eugenics is a lot different. Putting a ban on people and having requirements is a bad idea because you don't know how a person will progress or change over time. Some of them turn out well, others not, but you can't know that, so eugenics can't and shouldn't be done.
>>
>>7813075
can you start using a trip so I can filter you?
>>
>>7813060
I think that everyone no matter what their race, religion, nationality, sex, or sexuality should all have equal free rights.

I think that we should all love and help each other no matter what.

I think that people with more than they need should voluntarily give to those who don't have enough.
>>
as they age, men being attracted to increasingly younger women has its basis in biology

>>7813069
i would be ok with killing just the humans
>>
>>7813238
>I think that everyone no matter what their race, religion, nationality, sex, or sexuality should all have equal free rights.
we do
>I think that we should all love and help each other no matter what.
u don't understand love
>I think that people with more than they need should voluntarily give to those who don't have enough
do you have a pair of socks?
>>
>>7813060
I'm an anarcho-capitalist
I'm a straight white man and proud of it
I'm a Christian
Ban the quran
>>
There are no objects in the world
>>
>>7813238
>I think that everyone no matter what their race, religion, nationality, sex, or sexuality should all have equal free rights.
what? even gypsies and transgenders?
>>
Everything is pointless.
Not just in our lives, but in every aspect of anything that's ever happened ever or that will ever happen ever.
The universe is 13.54 billion years old and is projected to live for billions and billions more.
Eventually, nothing ever done will matter.
It's hard to put the concept into words because it is the most vast idea that can be had.
There is an infinite amount of possibilities in our universe alone, considering it's infinite properties.
We know that the multiverse is real.
Our existence is that of a fraction of a quark.
We are nothing in the cosmic nothing.

Basically it boils down to this.

The sun will begin dying.
It will eat the Earth, rendering anything ever on it, done on it, to it, or for it pointless.
Then the Milky Way galaxy will merge with the Andromeda galaxy, killing countless solar systems in the wake.
Then the universe will die, rendering anything ever that has ever been, nothing.
Then the multiverse comes into play with its host of neverending unending.

>tl;dr
We are so pointless it's impossible for us to even attempt to try to understand the vastness.
>>
>>7813273
>what? even gypsies
yes.
>and transgenders?
Transgender isn't a sex or sexuality so they are open game.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 441x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 441x333px
Faccsim can be harnessed for good and instill a emancipation spirit in people. Faccism can give us the space empire we dream off.
>>
>>7813262
>>I think that everyone no matter what their race, religion, nationality, sex, or sexuality should all have equal free rights.
>we do
No one ever said it had to be a philosophy that wasn't already in place.

>>I think that we should all love and help each other no matter what.
>u don't understand love
I understand that i love you anon
>>I think that people with more than they need should voluntarily give to those who don't have enough
>do you have a pair of socks?
If i had an extra pair i would send them to you but unfortunately i am poor.
>>
>>7813138
>>7813234

I thought OP just wanted edgy stances, not edgy shit I actually believe.
>>
>>7813060
Violence is everywhere and we shouldn't be upset by it. As such vegan moralists are stupid.
>>
>>7813060
All of philosophy and science and human endeavor is just distracting us from the terrifying realization that nobody has any idea what's going on.

>>7813311
Transgenders are just image conscious retards. Unless you are physically born with both genitalia, you are either male or female. You can dress how you want, fuck who you want, and act like you want, but calling yourself something you're not is just lying. I'm a hippo.

>>7813265
Your religions are basically identical and you're a dumbshit.

>>7813262
Sometimes the most compassionate thing you can do for someone is tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>7813060
Not everyone should be allowed to vote
The perfect art is always forgotten
Children shouldnt be advertised to.
People severely underestimate the emotional benefits to being vegan
>>
>>7813345
>People severely underestimate the emotional benefits to being vegan
There's only emotional benefits if you're a weak-minded person.
>>
>>7813345
Totally agree with you about soy and the hormone issue. We're too masculine as a species.

I'm this guy>>7813342
by the way, and i'd like to add to my list that feminists are mainly stupid spoiled cunts who mean to say "humanism"
>>
>>7813356
Living harmonously is not weak minded. You woudln't consider the abuser of a wife a wise man, why an abuser of the Earth? Go take your Marlon Brando self-destructiveness-is-enlightenment platitudes and shove em up your ass
>>
>>7813098
>>
>>7813295
But the time between then and now (to us, at least) is just as vast. Worrying about it seems as pointless as the universe is according to you.
>>
>>7813365
>An abuser of the Earth
Unless you're actively walking everywhere you go and you wipe your ass with your hand so you don't wast toilet paper, you mean an abuser of animals.

Either way you're incorrect.
We're designed to eat like we do and we're able to live like we do because we evolved to get the point where we understood how to build shit and make tools and weapons.

People that choose to go against millions of years of evolution will get bred out of the gene pool, it's just how nature works.
>>
>>7813372
I don't worry about it.
And yeah, you're right.

OP asked for my edgiest philosophical view though, so I typed it out.
>>
>>7813382
>bait
>>
>>7813382
>I totally understand these things.

Humans are making themselves extinct. Right now. Idiot.
>>
>>7813395
Amazing response.
Absolutely flooring.

Good to know you don't have a comeback.
>>
>>7813397
>Humans are making themselves extinct. Right now
>themselves
Are you a fucking alien?

Anyway, yeah of course we are.
We're suicidal by nature.
How does this make eating leaves and avoiding dairy like the plague make you special?
>>
>>7813404
The soy acts as estrogen, quelling the ape ego. Lessening our sense of what we are entitled to in our little domain socially, economically, sexually, ect. And all the protein we shit out destroys the soil. And with all the resources we drain with our inflated sense of what we've earned in this life, we just consume much more than we produce, and vegitarianism is but one small step on the road to a more homeostatic existence on our part.
>>
>>7813398
Your argument is scientifically incorrect
Evolution doesn't affect humans now, it's sexual selection that does.
Meat eaters did better in the wild due to the micro-nutrients of B12 and Zinc in their diets, both are supplementable.
Your argument is base and shows no depth of knowledge
>bait
>>
>>7813295
So basically you're sad that you're not god? I am too.
>>
>>7813418
If you really cared about the Earth, you'd promote unhealthy living and pollution.
Call me a retard, but the quickest way to fix something is to get rid of the problem.

Your issue shouldn't be how to co-exist with the Earth, it should be how to save it.

Regardless, Earth has survived much worse than us many times over.

>>7813429
>Evolution doesn't affect humans now, it's sexual selection that does
What is natural selection, faggot?
>>
File: royalpepe.png (1MB, 1177x1560px) Image search: [Google]
royalpepe.png
1MB, 1177x1560px
>>7813075
>mfw philosophy can only be declared obsolete by a philosophical statement
>>7813090
honestly he's not different from other candidates with pros and cons
+ free ride through uni and welfare which would be dope but not sure if I morally support
- wage gap cuck
- black lives matter cuck
- no understanding of economics cuck
- not having balls and attacking hilary on issues she should have been attacked on cuck
>>7813238
1 = yes
2 = no
3 = define more than they need, regardless, no
>>7813342
straight out of highschool tier
>>
>>7813439
I'm sad that I won't be able to chill out on a spaceship and watch the implosion of the universe.

But I've moved past that.
>>
>>7813440
I didn't say the earth wouldn't survive. I said we are making ourselves extinct. Because you had said "people who go against evolution will get bred out of the gene pool" Dude you can't even keep up with the full extent and implications of my two cents on this infinitely more comprehensive argument. ust go stand in the corner with a coloring book.
>>
>>7813452
So your solution to NOT going extinct is to eat different food?
You care not for the stockpiles of nukes that have the capacity to kill more human being than those who exist?
Your efforts are wasted because you're pointing in the wrong direction.

Mankind is suicidal, but eating red meat is not what will do us in as a species.

Now let's hear your condescending half-argument.
>>
>>7813198
>color person college dollars
I agree with this when it comes to applications.
The thought that my application was given more weight because I'm black sickens me. How can I take pride in myself when something as arbitrary as melanin can boost my value?
>>
>>7813446
That would be my one wish if I ever met a genie
>>
>>7813473
But anon, you get three wishes.
>>
Humans are selfish predators and have no more life value than a dog.
>>
>>7813477
I was tricked preemptively
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (21KB, 298x335px) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
21KB, 298x335px
>>7813439
>He doesn't know he's god
>>
All student debt needs to be canceled *and* (this is what makes it edgy) the entire education system in the US, public and private, needs to be liquidated and public education strictly prohibited.
>>
>>7813066
first post most depressingly accurate post

>>7813081
most obvious opinion

>>7813110
>>7813119
yeah SJW shit is canned dissent. Ben Garrison's most recent (actually unedited) comic is redpill as fuck on this. as big of a retard as bell hooks is her theory of "cultural commodification" is astonishingly accurate.

>>7813124
yes it is. you must not have strong feelings towards your ingroup. there are other obvious solutions for controlling world population, they're just unpopular.

>>7813131
in the current social schema yes. under systems involving more rigid class hierarchy its not so bad, especially if modern medicine isn't there to save every sickly youngling.

>>7813151
Universal Suffrage is a meme, but it's not something we can just get rid of either.

>>7813265
>anarcho-capitalism
*vomit emoji*

My unpopular opinion: Historical Progress is a meme, we're not any better off now than in the past. Every time we alter our form of government or make any kind of social "progress" we suffer merely because of the costs imposed by change. The net effect is the slow degradation of society. All of our problems stem from man's ego and his capacity for critical thought which lead to the unstoppable march of deleterious social and especially technological innovation.
>>
>>7813542

You type with the unmistakable air of an utter moron
>>
Devoting your life to the study of philosophy and religion is entirely missing the point of life.

There is no objective truth. Everyone behaves according to a set of arbitrary axioms -- most people just aren't aware of them.

You can condone actions without being morally obligated to participate in them yourself. Even murder.
>>
File: 1429557176501.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1429557176501.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>7813060
Will-to-death is the only telos that makes sense

Technology is evolving too fast for us to safely adapt, this is what will end the human race (probably in the next 50 years)

Language was developed for social/survival reasons and can never tell us anything meaningful about the world other than these things
>>
Everyone is inherently valuable.
>>
>>7813558
(You)
>>
File: seriously.jpg (45KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
45KB, 500x368px
>>7813108
>I almost defended terrorism on facebook today.
>defended terrorism
>on facebook
>>
File: tumblr_o3ulcaymHw1qdylsxo1_1280.jpg (338KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ulcaymHw1qdylsxo1_1280.jpg
338KB, 1000x564px
We are responsible for our fate, in so much as anyone is responsible for anything.
>>
Most cultures are rubbish.
>>
If we want to avoid depleting vital resources we need to downsize the global population to the point where it could be mistaken for an extinction event.
>>
>>7813591
Hey, Bill.
>>
File: bill_ted1.jpg (33KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
bill_ted1.jpg
33KB, 640x430px
>>7813592

Hey Ted.

Peak Phosphorus is pretty bogus to be honest.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
my edgy philosophy is that any person is capable of holding any opinions. I don't really know how to word it well because I'm a retard, but basically I can realistically see myself holding hardcore liberal views while I currently am as far right wing as they come. Maybe I'm just far too amiable and non understanding of how others really are. Anyone else feel this way?

Here's my cat in exchange for some conversation.
>>
>>7813552
Thanks for the feedback
>>
>>7813606
Totally, man.
>>
>>7813610
Are you saying people are malleable and our worldviews are just the result of circumstance, not something fundamental or even significant?

Nice cat, dude.
>>
Any kind of racial superiority is almost certainly false but cultural superiority is definitely real. Black people didn't deserve to be colonized, enslaved, killed, etc., but African culture should have been wiped out even more totally than it was, and rightfully lost out to European culture during the encounters that took place leading up to colonialism. In the Americas, residential schools were poorly organized and extremely racist, but had good intentions in mind, since their goal was to wipe out the grossly inferior culture of indigenous Americans, who, like the Africans, were imminently inferior to the Europeans who were able to colonize them.
People of colour have contributed a lot to this world and deserve equal treatment, including things like affirmative action which gives them more opportunities than white people: this is fair, because they are at a systematic disadvantage. The inferior aspects of their culture, however, and the respect that the dominant culture seems to have for these cultures' purported "superior" qualities (which are actually either fictitious or romanticized) like non-patriarchy, harmony with nature, etc., should be crushed.
>>
>>7813618
That is what I'm saying. The most basic example is the 'if you were born in Iran you'd be a Muslim' argument. I suspect it is only me, though, due to the fact that every career aptitude test I've taken gave results such as "do whatever you want lol," and all of my personality tests such as MBTI have given me more or less exact middle results in every category. I'm kinda like a mix between Mersault and Milquetoast, if you catch my reference.
>>
>>7813619
>People of colour are at a systematic disadvantage

No. Fuck you.
>>
>>7813312
Nice Turner image. Upvoted. And I agree with everything but your spelling.
>>
>>7813626
I was with you until you started talking about aptitude and personality tests. Those things are retarded.

>>7813619
Only in a Jewish world can the conquered make demands of their conquerors.
>>
>>7813628
They are, it's true. They participate in an inferior culture, and institutional racism is also real. The latter is a bad thing that is gradually lessening and will soon go away forever (with another generation or so), but more importantly, we have to give POC opportunities to break away from the enclaves of bad culture. Black people will keep robbing stores and killing each other unless we provide them with the opportunities the need to have in order to assimilate into a culture that is functional.
>>
>>7813075
>Science proves everything
Your an idiot.
>>
File: image.png (799KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
799KB, 750x1334px
>>7813635
I was merely using them as citations since I've had to use them for college courses. The rest of my point stands still if you simply regard those points in that manner. Here's more cat. I can't tell from the thumbnail but if my face is in it too, it's because I was face timing with him, ignore it.
>>
>>7813639
>institutional racism is also real

Yes, institutional racism is real and it's in the favor of minorities.
>>
>>7813643
please. it's a necessary imbalance. don't be such a cuck.
>>
>>7813642
>tfw no furry pookums to do stupid shit with
jdimsa
>>
I believe america is controled by ZOG (IRL big brother) through cultural marxism. They are destroying everything we hold dear.
>>
>>7813655
He knows how to play hide and seek. I shit you not he will wait until I call his name to come and find me, and he will hide when I start counting. He is the apex of furry critters to fuck around with.
>>
>>7813090
>Doesn't yet know that all bipartisan candidates are figureheads.

Trump is probably the most independent candidate running and he is bat-shit insane.
>>
Aristocratic Monarchy is the best form of government.
Lower class people are generally exceedingly cruel and lacking in any nobility of spirit.
Technological advancement is the worst sin.
The fear of death is vastly exaggerated in most of the population.
The UN has done some okay things.
>>
>>7813718
'Tis Verily. Always a happy ocassion to chance upon a fellow gentleman scholar
>>
File: 1455547963937.jpg (21KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
1455547963937.jpg
21KB, 564x423px
The only thing worth pursuing is familial status either in life or far beyond in death after having offspring. Even if temporary, for a generation or two, it is still in the right direction towards immortal genetic preservation/improvement in stable environments. The purpose of status is to set up a dynasty. Creating a dynasty in the upper rungs of society should be the ultimate goal for anyone. If you are unable to produce offspring at least achieve for your own culture group (indirectly improve a similar gene group)
>>
>>7813119
I think starting out at least feminism was noble (girls are equally able and should have the ability to do whatever they want) but most of its demands have been sufficiently met and now it imposes dogma and is utterly irrational because it needs a reason to justify its own continued existence.

Ditto for BLM or whatever.
>>
>>7813145
I think some peoples just need to be ruled by one all-powerful leader. The Brits, Japs and Germans seem to have made societies fit for Democracy, but Frenchies, Russians, Americans, and most of the rest of the world can't agree on or do anything unless they have one person running the show
>>
>>7813640
>Your
(You)
>>
>>7813060
I think that rationality isn't meant for humans and the best systems of human development embraces the insanity at the core of the human experience.
>>
>>7813610
I feel that exact way
>>
>>7813060
multiculturalism is a defense against gods death, societies that are not atheistic and not nationalist have multiculturalism in order to justify their continued moral existence
>>
>>7813610
I've been thinking about that a lot. Mass media dissociates people from the real world and fragments their identities. Alienated, increasingly paranoid individuals roleplay commissars, nazis or conspiracy nuts in order to retain their sanity in an increasingly absurd and confusing world. Notice how their views are fundamentally ironic: e.g. gleefuly brutal /pol/-cadres with anime fixations. Politics has become indistinguishable from therapy, an outlet for people's emotional problems.
>>
>>7813075
>Solipsism

I remember when I was 16
>>
>>7813110
we all know this and this is not edgy at all
>>
Ethical norms are just historical, social and psychological contingencies without any absolute meaning in the absence of a world ordered by divine creation and human life vested with purpose by such creation
>>
I wouldn't pull the lever
>>
>>7813074
This statement is only edge if you remove the 'can' desu.

>>7813110
Yeah, agreed subversion is real, but I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's do to the way lib logic is set up.

>>7813560
Kek

>>7813572
Agreed

Also:
Cats>dogs
Art is objective.
Philosophy needs a rehaul past heidegger.
If you aren't vegan you're retarded (omg it's 2016 people).
Overpopulation isn't real if people went vegan.

There is no answer to capitalism, but if we don't come up with something communism+capitalism wins and we are fucked.

We need a philosopher King to rule the scientist autists, the science autists can't look after themselves and if we don't get this looked after soon some corporate cabal will get the autists to create an AI and they will monopolize everything and voltron combine with some authoritarian state, most likely highly compromised communism.

We need to dig up Hegel and clone him

Eurocentrism is a good thing.
>>
>>7813939
you're on the right track but you're not quite taking it far enough.
>>
>>7813119
what

isnt it obvious? what does feminism ask for? The opportunity to play a part in the eternal wagecuck game, fuck the kids leave them at kindergartner, as a true feminist I want to work 9-5 at a souless pointless job so I can earn money and spend it on crap I dont need.

That crap will not fill the hole in my heart, that can only be fulfilled by things that are not for sale, therefore go to a prostitute and pretend to have a meaningful relationship, go to shopping mall and buy crap and pretend my life is improved.

The eternal jew can rub his hands even further, the family and any sense of belonging can be eradicated and human beings can now be assessed as what they truly are: capitalist units. Breaking up the family and society is the means to create a capitalist ideological society, where the only thing that matters is money. IE the peoples republic of china today.
>>
So what arguments do you actually have against anarchism?
>>
>>7813075

any 2 of those 3 are mutually exclusive
>>
>>7813591
I presume here you are arguing for hitler, in which case I have to ask the question: are you implying his regime was the uberregime that accurately attempted to save humanity from a worse fate, and attempted to legitimately deliver the best that humanity can aspire to?
>>
>>7813619
with this argument it is impossible to reconcile the unconscious recognition of cultural superiority by visual recognition of racial identity, ergo racism is justified?
>>
>>7813968
you're so underage you can't even reply to a post
>>
abortion is wrong
>>
>>7813060
Humanity is defined by its intelligence. The profoundly mentally handicapped do not qualify from a philosophical standpoint. That isn't grounds for euthanasia or mistreatment as they are still living beings with the capacity for pain and suffering, but if they pose a risk to their handlers they should be treated accordingly

Also eugenics isn't an inherently evil practice. Provided it is opt-in and is specifically used to remove severe genetic diseases like huntington's there is no fault to it. Unfortunately, as long as prejudice exists it will be misused to terrible results
>>
>>7813777
>Creating a dynasty in the upper rungs of society should be the ultimate goal for anyone

social class has been found to change on average every 200 years, therefore creating a large dynasty spread wide would be the best possible strategy, even though in the longterm your ancestors genes will not be very related to yours as the multiplexing within the gene pool will pretty much mean that your genes survive but your unique genetic identity is spread out far and wide instead of focused within specific individuals
>>
>>7813991
>>
>>7813838
feminism exists today because it is still an instrument with which one can leverage society (gain in station, gain in reputation, gain in fame, gain in perceived moral standing, gain financially, gain reproductively) and it also allows one to ingratiate onesself with others under a common topic while signaling virtue

in other words without feminism cucks couldn't meet women
>>
>>7813982
While I don't agree, I fully understand the opposition to it. At what point a fetus becomes human is a very arbitrary detail, but it means the difference between an action being an expression of a human right and a murder
>>
>>7813986
I worked in a profession where I assessed people's intelligence, does this make me god? or merely the arbiter of humanity?
>>
I'm a MGTOW PUA and a proponent of a world White Christian emipre ruled by the Pope. Not SJW francis, I mean a real traditional pope ya know
>>
>>7813119
feminism doesn't exist
>>
>>7813952
Okay, to reply to this guy, and to contribute to the thread - capitalism isn't that bad.

Yeah, on a conceptual level socialism might be better, but capitalism, as it is, is probably the best option for modern society.

Also -
Dogs>cats
Art is objective on a level, but your interpretations and overall preference is obviously subjective. I mean, you might be more emotionally attached to your son's drawing than say, Descent From The Cross by Van Reubens, but one is objectively better than the other, so art is a mix between the two, at least on my opinion.
>>
>>7813110
Howso? Is it just for the reasons here >>7813965
>>
>>7814032
The problem with capitalism is it's a slow burn. Millions die every year. It's not stable it just concentrates stability and e West's time is almost up.

It also can and will be divorced from democracy, at which point you will get none of the good and all of the bad.
I'm not even arguing for socialism I'm just saying the ship is sinking and we're fucked if we don't come up with something.
>>
genetics is the root of almost everything
the genetic quality of a nation is far more important than the system of governance (within a certain range)
smart people (you can guess what I mean when I say this) should seek to secede and establish their own exclusive nations
>>
>>7813939
Multiculturalism seems to be a symptom of a nation without a goal. Religion is an easy way to steer it, but most of the west is aimless in this generation.
We end up with the vague notion to "do good", without defining what good is, and we end up with neoliberalism pretending to be a force of good when it's the same shit as before
>>
File: compass.jpg (89KB, 877x409px) Image search: [Google]
compass.jpg
89KB, 877x409px
I agree with pretty much everything Nick Land says
>>
>>7814050
Yeah, the problem is that most options can easily become corrupt overtime, and I'm not saying that capitalism is an exception.

I personally believe that a meritocracy, if organized correctly, might be the best type of system. But the same problem that socialism has appears once again - those type of systems are great on a conceptual level, but are pure shit once you put them into practice, mainly because of how corrupt they can become.
>>
>>7813060
Thermonuclear Holocaust seems like a good idea. Humans are dumbass race, might as well 'go out with a bang'. I just think of all the massive shitheads on here.7 billion GMO addled 'sheeple' miserable consumer units.
>>
Religion as a thoughtform has brainwashed billions of people into their ideology, for the worse.
>>
everything is fine
>>
holyshit what a good containment thread
this was all the best of pol-lit crossboarders
wow that was difficult to get through
>>
>>7813060
I support transgender rights
>>
>>7814133
u need to b stomped
>>
>>7814137
wah
>>
>>7814134
There are a lot of people who legitimately suffer from gender dysphoria and, after lengthy consultation with psychologists and other doctors, should go through with gender reassignment.
It is a real issue people suffer from, but both 4chan and tumblr trivialize it through their actions
>>
>>7813944
When I was that age I came up with some bullshit that later turned to be out pretty much like Leibnitzens monadism. Good times.
>>
Anyone who thinks that there are more than 2 genders are fucking idiots, youre born with a penis or without a penis
>tfw bruce jenner wins woman of the year but hasnt been a "women" for a year
>>
>>7813639
>Black people will keep robbing stores and killing each other unless we provide them with the opportunities
Robbing and killing is a conscious choice though. They have access to schools and higher education yet keep behaving anti-socially. They have to break the chain, not us. How can they learn if we do the work for them?
>>
everything we do is to avoid suffering, and the reward for our struggle is not pleasure, but nothing more than a lack of suffering, which soon gives way to boredom. it is better to just die, than to struggle hard to acheive te same 'lack of suffering' state.

let me explain, we must work, to produce for our needs, which cause us to suffer if we dont' address them. or needs are things like the weather, water, food, healthcare, hygeine, social contact, sense of meaning, things to look forward to, sex, rest, a comfy place to sit, entertainment. all these things are constantly needed, and if we don't tend to these needs in a constant struggle to try and keep our supply of these topped up, they will deplete and we will start suffering, mild at first but it will get worse and worse, until we die. 3 hours without warmth, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food, and we literally die. it's a constant race not only against the suffering of dying, but against all the progressivly worse suffering states that precede it. mild dehydration is suffering, mild hunger is suffer, mild boredom, milk lonliness, it all fucking feels bad. we must perpetually struggle, every single moment of our existence we must act to secure our needs so that we don't suffer. even you, reading this post right now, you are struggling, because simply existence is not enough, life alone is not pleasurable or worthwhile, it has no value, and it soon become suffering - boredom, once all your needs are met, you don't know what to do with yourself. you finally fulfilled all your needs and what is your reward? nothing. all you get is the emptiness that is life. and this emptiness soon gives way to boredom, which you must struggle against, which you are doing now by reading this post.

the struggle will never end while you're alive. every single waking moment, hell you even sleep to remedy the suffering that is fatigue, every single moment you struggle against suffering, and it is entirely for nothing. there is no goal of it all, there is no reward of it all. it's all for nothing. absolutely nothing. and you know what's even worse, the dead are in the same state you're in when you fulfil all your needs - a state where you aren't suffering. it's not positive, but at least it doesn't hurt. That's right, the dead are fucking better off than you are most of the time. so why not die? haha the catch is that you must violently lethally injure your body, reuiring huge amounts of courage, and is terrifying, and horrible.

you are essentially trapped in this hell, forced to struggle against suffering that perpetually chases you, not running towards anything - just running from the suffering, until one day the suffering catches up and takes hold, and it finally achieves it's job of lethally harming your body.

life is a fucking disease.
>>
>>7813060
Socialism is love
Socialism is life
>>
>>7813198
>power changes hands too often
Could not agree less. The more often an election is shoved under these scumbags in power, the more they will take into account their policies affect on public opinion, and, if one is implemented that is not to the public's best interest, an election will hand that policy to an opposing party on a platter to use as fodder for debates allowing them an easy win and the ability to change that policy, placing a promised improved one in its place.

>Television is bad
>Internet is bad
>Film is bad
>kids should only play stick ball
Now we are really going backwards. Decide for yourself if content you are exposed to is inappropriate or offensive to you and then either make a decision to no longer expose yourself to that content or chose to not allow it to affect you.

Other than that, we share some like minded ideologies.
>>
>>7813060
Morality is a human construct.
There is no point to anything and no real consequences to any actions.

This should be liberating, not depressing, allowing us to accept the nothingness and move on to be and create whatever we want.
>>
>>7813365
>why an abuser of the Earth?
So I suppose Lions are abusers of the earth. The universe does not recognize your morals. There is no abuse.
>>
>>7814303
A life not lived is not a life at all. Life is all about enjoying those lack of suffering states. If you cannot squeeze even the slightest amount of enjoyment from any lack of suffering states, then I'd advise you to seek professional help to alleviate your own suffering. It sounds like you are struggling with depression.
>>
People are not equal.
Majority is always wrong and evil.
War is mother of all things.
>>
>>7814256
It is a conscious choice, yes, just like it's a conscious choice for people who are participants in the culture of the American south to eat a lot of unhealthy food. In both cases, the individual does the bad thing because they live within a certain culture. But when a Black person becomes rich, say, and moves into a white neighbourhood, they don't continue to rob stores. On the other hand, hip hop artists who become rich, but, being hip hop artists, are still embedded in an enclave of black, poor people's culture retain certain violent tendancies, continue to do hard drugs, buy illegal firearms, and so on.
And they certianly need our help to escape this cycle, especially at a time when political correctness tells them they should be proud of their culture, however destructive. Saying they need to help themselves out of the situation is ignoring the fact that over the course literally millions of years, black cultures have not managed to become productive like Europe and Asia did. It's basically the other side of the "everyone should be proud of their culture" coin.
>>
>>7814363
it's just genetic dude
>>
File: 250px-Lacan2.jpg (11KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Lacan2.jpg
11KB, 250x183px
>>7814341
If God is dead nothing is permitted.
>>
>>7814303
This is alright, but you're really acting like things are chores that aren't chores. Work is a pure chore, but when I'm eating food, I'm like "fantastic, food, how delicious", not like "ohhh god, time to suffer through another meal, wish I could survive without eating, so slavish, poor me"

Also, the moments of reprive: I fill up those moments with reading, movies, tv, youtube videos, podcasts, etc. all of which are pure pleasures with no necessity to my survivial and in the consumption of which no suffering is endured.

In summary, there are certainly real pleasures in life; pure pleasures, even
>>
>>7814368
No way. Until this opinion is validated by science, which I doubt it will be, I see no reason to believe it.
Besides, if this is true, there are a huge number of outliers to be explained. It makes much more sense to attribute it to cultural enclave.
>>
>>7814387
>Until this opinion is validated by science, which I doubt it will be
the link between race and intelligence is well known lad
but you're right it's a naughty subject in the West, but China is working on it don't worry
>>
>>7814396
There's a statistical link, yes, but that proves my point as much as it does yours.
I need to see the specific gene itself (I) identified and (II) linked inextricably to race, or else it's more likely that I'm right than you are.
>>
The world is fine as it is.
>>
File: bagel cat.jpg (129KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
bagel cat.jpg
129KB, 660x495px
suicide is a right
the reason that our cultural shorthand states "those who failed at suicide said they were glad they did" is irrelevant because those people probably didnt give a serious attempt
there are life circumstances which are genuinely inescapable and there actually arent many people who care who would help you
>>
>>7814380
Says the blind man who wants to be blind
>>
>>7814403
but then how do you account for the results of twin and adoption studies?
>it's more likely that I'm right than you are.
really don't understand how you came to this conclusion
>>
>>7814419
>but then how do you account for the results of twin and adoption studies?
Black people (for example) become engaged with black culture no matter who their parents are. Your family isn't your only exposure to culture, you know, it's a product of being black among black friends, being recognized as black by others, and seeing representations of black people in media.
>really don't understand how you came to this conclusion
Ockham's razor...?
There are tons of exceptions to the rule of "black culture" and other race-centric cultures. If you're saying that aspects of this culture are genetic, then you're saying that these exceptions are genetic freaks, or go against their genes. I'm saying that these people are doing the totally plausible thing of breaking away from a cultural enclave. It's a matter of logical leaps.
>>
>>7814436
but the differences run deeper than black and white and the "black culture" you're describing is a recent invention
I never implied that your race 100% determines your intelligence, just that there is a link and that it's genetic
I mean there's no way (at this point) to say who is absolutely objectively correct but I'm willing to put money on black people never emancipating out of their own initiative (you yourself have admitted they need help)
>>
>>7814133
>haha, look at me signal how progressive my virtues are
>>
>>7814415
That's just how it works. In recent times of moral relativism people became just more nervous and more insecure.
>>
>>7814457
It's possible, but saying that black people's intelligence is determined by genes when there is no specific gene to speak for is a little tenuous
"black culture" as we think of it now may have been invented recently, but the enclave itself has existed forever, and of course there is a distinctly African culture that exists in Africa and also has connections to modern black Americans.
They may have needed help emancipating themselves, but that's a different issue, since it was white people who enslaved them, and I genuinely do think that that was totally unjustified. It's directly our fault that they were deprived of agency in that case, but even so, you can see there how a specific mindset came to perpetuate itself within a certain race-centric culture without outside involvement, and how breaking black people out of that culture via emancipation improved them; freed slaves were all kinds of productive, but nobody put their slaves to work doing, like, accounting or anything like that.
>>
this thread is basically any given reddit thread at any time or that askreddit "edgy opinions" thread
tranny = subhuman, woman right = Jewish capitalist conspiracy, multiculturalism = Jewish conspiracy to prevent white men from having cute Aryan gf and so on and so on
this is not edgy, this is extremely ordinary, every basic nerd thinks in ways like this and you aren't intelligent for saying it
>ooh the sjws would murder me for saying this politically incorrect real shit
the sjws are a paranoid delusion you get from looking at too many pol jpegs
being oppressed by a huge overarching sjw conspiracy for saying "le true redpill shit" is really good for your self esteem so no wonder identity crisis teens love this idea
every single GOP debate is a generic reddit circlejerk about muh migrants muh all life matter muh PC culture and no feminist cabal has ever executed them for it, because they're not real
>>
meritocracy is probably a bad thing because it denies the original nobility the ability to cultivate a legacy over the timespan of generations and generally is just another expression of liberal capitalism
>>
>>7814506
yeah clearly you spend a lot of time in reddit threads
maybe you should stay there
>>
>>7814506
AfD supporters have been shot at in Germany
the world is not your yank bubble
>>
>>7813066

Devil's advocate here...

Where does the intolerance end? Difference of thought is ideal, because it challenges and innovates. Islam is teaching us the power of family, and the consequences of allowing women into the workforce. If it weren't for the terrorism attacks, they'd make a good foil.

Anyway, my edgy opinion is that our modern, comfortable life has bred a weak, soft people who have no idea what it takes to run a country or lead the Western World. This is why I thank fucking god that politics is nothing but a puppet show, and never bother to vote.
>>
>>7813265
>I'm an anarcho-capitalist
>Ban the quran
>anarcho
>ban
>>
>>7814506
>the fence post is up my ass, I'm better than all of you.
>>
File: 1441575007171.jpg (59KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441575007171.jpg
59KB, 540x960px
>gnosticism seems like the most meaningful belief system
>the end goal of totalitarianism and anarchism is pretty much the same
>you only 'own' something if you can prevent others from taking it away from you, the moment you lose it - it was never yours
>people with european features are objectively the most attractive, indians and african people are objectively the least attractive
>>
>>7814546

>no ass

Disgusting.
>>
>>7814546
>objective attractiveness
lmao
>he can't recognise his preferences are shaped by the environment he is in
>>
Consciousness is a function of the brain.

Man is not free.

All subjective reality ends with death.

Life is the most valuable of all things.

There is nothing worth dying for.
>>
>>7814551
Everybody loves white women
>>
there is no difference between what is right and what is necessary
it's edgy because i stole it form a videogame
which i haven't played
>>
>>7814564
and if the cultural idea of beauty was something else then that something would be loved
as long as every tv in every country (globalisation) talks about how sick white women are you can't say this universal love of white women is caused by their objective aesthetic superiority
also I would like to remind you when sending images of white women was harder the cultural ideal of beauty was based on how the women of the land looked
>>
Giving birth to children is among the most immoral acts possible.
>>
>>7814585
edge is not only about rarity its also about disregard for suffering
"oh pain who gives a shit haha i will have children because I'm amused by it", now that's an edgy statement
>>
Welfare should not exist in any form
Death penalty should absolutely exist, but we should make it entertaining i.e. make them fight against lions etc
There should be a mandatory intelligence test (not necessarily IQ test, perhaps a combination of a few different ones) and each person should have the score they receive from it known by the public like their own name.
Less TV (I guess that's not edgy, but it's more-or-less impossible at this point)
>>
>>7814612

Also all drugs should be legal, let people with poor self-control die in the gutter from addiction to serve as examples for people
>>
>>7814612
i wonder what your is score is going to be big guy
>>
File: 1458020562589.jpg (58KB, 590x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458020562589.jpg
58KB, 590x960px
>>7814551
>he can't recognise his preferences are shaped by the environment he is in

I wouldnt turn being a weakling into a worldview, but hey its your funeral
>>
File: 1448061799306.jpg (244KB, 770x2026px) Image search: [Google]
1448061799306.jpg
244KB, 770x2026px
>>7814303
well you understand that hedonism is never satisfying. so what do you do ?

=>you seek stillness. you stop having fantasies and try to be as still as possible, physically and mentally [which includes emotions]. to be still means to die, for the hedonist who thinks that hedonism is good.

but stillness does not lead you to death. stillness leads you happiness. Once you are still physically, you first notice that it brings discomfort, and then you notice that it is difficult to be still mentally. once you are resolute to strive for stillness, you stop feeling your material forms [which means the sensual endpoints of your consciousness] and become conscious of your consciousness.
then you notice that this state is just as hedonistic as the one that you describe: the hedonism of the body (and mind), in one word, the hedonism of senses.

then you remember that hedonism is the most despicable doctrine, so you continue to strive for stillness, which means letting go of your agitation.
>>
File: Owl2.jpg (964KB, 900x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Owl2.jpg
964KB, 900x1201px
Men with the most masculine qualities and women with the most feminine qualities provide the most worth to a society.

Eating factory farmed meat is heinous. People who knee-jerk reject veganism are afraid of habit change, the opinions of peers, and confronting their own involvement in cruelty.

Advertising geared towards children should be restricted (taken from somebody else ITT).

Jews are the most intelligent group of people.

It is better for humanity for a person to give money to space exploration research and technology than to feed a hungry, unskilled african.
>>
Art has no place in society as it stands alone. It should only exist to transpose ideal for the artists profit or enjoyment
>>
Human work is largely obsolete, most of the jobs that are done by people should be done by machines, including high-skills jobs in areas like engineering and architecture. We should provide the people with welfare, and they should not be made to work unless they want to, or it is absolutely necessary for a human to do the job and not a machine.

Authoritarian communism is a better system of government than socialized capitalist democracy, but SCD will never go away, because every other system is doomed to eventually be overtaken by a revolution for SCD, and we should all come to peace with that and stop trying to revolt.

While it’s still advisable to pursue a career in STEM, humans working in science, technology, engineering and mathematics are most susceptible to being made obsolete by technology.

We are moving towards a societal model where sex once again only happens in serious monogamous relationships, since people outside of those contexts are afraid of sex. This is a good thing, since sex is just as obsolete as, say, hunting. If simulated sex (i.e. masturbation) can replicate the real thing accurately enough, that’s just as good, and in fact better, since it doesn’t demand social interaction.

Most of philosophy is useless, not because it doesn’t have STEM-like practical applications, but because it investigates things that have no bearing on anything in any way. Take Berkeley for example: if his theory of the world is true, as opposed to the one I accept now, I simply would not care.

I'm willing to defend Tumblrinas' right "non gender conforming" identities against bigotry, not because I think it's a real thing that isn't a choice– because it is a choice– simply because I adamantly don't care, and I'm angry at people who make other people's identities their business. I'll go so far as to tell others who are against non-gender-binary-whatever that it isn't a choice because I passionately want them to shut the fuck up, much much more than I do the tumblr folks themselves
>>
>>7813472
>How can I take pride in myself when something as arbitrary as melanin can boost my value?

Consider writing an essay on it, blasting scholarships that award you for things you haven't played a hand in. Awful as it is, I don't think many people would listen to a white student railing against it.
>>
>>7814682
>Eating factory farmed meat is heinous. People who knee-jerk reject veganism are afraid of habit change, the opinions of peers, and confronting their own involvement in cruelty.
what an unmasculine thing to say
>>
All nations should only ever help their own.
>>
>>7813060
Fascism is the only logical answer to the many problems of modern political societies in the West, people just don't understand that their freedom would still exist in a different form.
>>
>>7813318
>extra pair
So you have two socks. You only need one to masturbate into you greedy little man. Give one to a bum.
>>
File: Raccoons.jpg (51KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
Raccoons.jpg
51KB, 640x486px
>>7814692
I don't see much wrong in hunting a deer, prepping and eating that meat. I see femininity in consuming hormone-filled dairy products meant for a baby cow or a fatty, greasy burger which will constipate and bloat you.
>>
>>7813640

Your 'an idiot'ism is showing
>>
>>7814695
wew lad
>>
>>7814703
stop shifting your position, first it was about moral outrage over the lives of animals, now it's about health reasons
>>
File: think-different-hitler-x-613386.jpg (599KB, 1650x1050px) Image search: [Google]
think-different-hitler-x-613386.jpg
599KB, 1650x1050px
EDGY SHIT COMING THROUGH

Are you READY for THIS?

Nothing exist but consciousness.

You are god.

The two most important things in life are peace and love.
>>
File: 1458046775170.jpg (282KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1458046775170.jpg
282KB, 2048x1382px
>>7813295
get over it emo
>>
File: 1458053939617.jpg (270KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1458053939617.jpg
270KB, 2048x1382px
>>7814744
>>
>>7813295
If a post could cause cancer
>>
>>7814748
laughed hard
>>
>>7814692
>I eat female animals pumped with estrogen to make me feel "manly".
>my natural testosterone levels are, at 25, that of a 60yr olds mans 40 years ago, but I'm going to pretend this beast tissue came from runoff from birth control pills caught in the water supply, and plastics.
>all cholesterol causes arteries to clog and lowers the erectile function, but having a harder bigger dick is unmanly.

Select all images of steak

Epic.
>>
>>7813295
babbys first existential crisis
>>
>>7814760
>babbys
>>
Life matters and truth exists
>>
>>7814759
you have very poor reading comprehension, very feminine of you
>>
>>7813060
nah
>>
>>7814765
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>7814777
Stay acidic, breast tissue. I'm rock hard saving money.
>>
>>7814819
okay buddy but it's completely irrelevant to the point which was originally discussed
>>
How to reduce the number of murdersand clean up the gene pool?
Enforce capital punishment so that it not only wipes out the perpetrators but their descendants too.
>>
>>7814303
Thats because you have failed. Life is not about avoiding discomfort or pain, and seeking out pleasure.

What gives people true satisfaction in their existence is pursuing the sublime in the face of all resistance, pain and discomfort

>everything we do is to avoid suffering

You could not be more wrong. Life is not about suffering or pleasure, its about the pursuit of the sublime. Remember, death is momentary, glory is eternal
>>
>>7814782

Very edgy.
>>
>>7814912
one day you will understand that your notion of sublime is a nice fantasy, that you chase because it makes you feel good and makes you avoid the disappointment what remains in your life, once you stop taking it seriously.
And like anything that your mind produces, you will understand that it is not worth clinging to, since it is impersonal and impermanent.
>>
Unemployment is not a real problem and the only reason why it is considered one is the yelps of them loafers who don't contribute in any way to society. Ergo, pure capitalism is the realest form of collectivism, and that's the reason why it's the better way for a society to develop.
>>
>>7814341
its not its largely speaking biologically based. An "objective"morality does exist. Look up monkey fairness and morality experiments. Where is your god now?
>>
>>7814994
>impersonal
what do you mean by this?
>impermanent
what is it with peoples obsession with permanence who gives a shit
>The nature of existence is impermenence
-Emperor Jimmu 400,000 BCE
>>
>>7815229
its impersonal, kid
>>
>>7814013
More like the needle that tells you how much gas you still have left
>>
>>7814735
This.
>>
>>7815236
well unless you enjoy banging your head on walls, intelligence is quite stable over time
>>
>>7814735
>>7815241

"I took acid at Bonaroo and now I understand life" : The Philosophy.

>("Dude, it's just, like, everything is one, god is everything, we are literally god, and like, all that matters you know, is peace and love man, like we gotta stop fighting and learn to accept each other.")
>>
Women are a meme and the 1950s U.S. white middle to upper class were the greatest time to be alive
>>
>>7815248
Hear, hear
>>
free will is an illusion (pretty pruch proven) and everyone should be red-pilled on it

nihilism is the end of all truth

antinatalism is the most hedonistic way to end all suffering
>>
>>7815263
Why dont you lead by example and kill yourself then faggot
>>
>>7814303
But anon, you've got it all wrong, it's in the struggle in which we have a purpose and can live our lives to the fullest. Nowadays people can survive easily, and the more comfortable we are, the less happy we can be.
>>
All men must have their own land to work.

Improvement of technology does not necessarily create an improvement in quality of life.

Institutions of higher learning should return to their proper function: producing an educated clergy for the church.

We should restore the monarchy to a position of real power.

Many of our politicians, lawyers, traders, business owners, etc should be tried and executed for their exploitation of the common people.
>>
>>7814690
I wish this wasn't so true.
>>
>>7814994
>fantasy

there is nothing fantastic about pursuing the sublime. The sublime is defined on a personal level.

Even the above statement is not necessarily absolutely true though, what is sublime tends to be similar across individuals with variations dependent on philosophical outlook. Example: be detached/be passionate.

Self actualization is by and large tremendously similar across people from the same culture group, with the only differences being how we get there.

With this in mind the only conclusion is that the nature of reality means that self actualization is defined and reached through our relationships with others and with ourselves.
>>
File: doppelganger.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
doppelganger.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
nihilism is a poorly disguised version of solipsism
>>
>>7815277
>if you think having children is not worth it ethically you should kill yourself for consistency
did this sound like a good argument you funny cuck
>>
>>7814994
>one day you will understand that your notion of sublime is a nice fantasy

this is just being edgy for edge's sake. Just because you're depressed doesn't mean others will believe you when you claim to have discovered the ultimate nature of reality. You could have expressed the exact opposite statement with some happydrugs. Being in a certain state of mind does not mean the shit you come up with in that state of mind is more objective and true. Get some treatment
>>
not everyone should be able to vote or should be pushed to vote

multiculturalism is pushed by idealists blinded by utopia like
>>7813238

Nationalism is best for the longevity of a nation

Charities have been detrimental to Africa since they rely on them and will never develop industry sufficiently to grow their economies (textile for example)
>>
>that you chase because it makes you feel good
this is the chicken and egg argument. It is impossible to resolve. We do not know whether you feel good because you do something, or you feel good because you decided to do something and afterwards did it. Or your feelings about something led you to feel good about doing it and feel good while and after having done it.

There is no escape, you cannot use a lack of knowledge as an argument for a position

>makes you avoid the disappointment what remains in your life, once you stop taking it seriously

>Once you stop chasing after the sublime, you will find dissapointment in your life
so we are in complete agreement that I am right? Why are you arguing against that which you agree to?

>and like anything that your mind produces, you will understand that it is not worth clinging to
there is no reason to believe that something your mind produces is not worth clinging too, and would forcefully argue that in fact the opposite is true in this value statement
>>
>>7815314
Explain yourself
>>
-The vast-majority of human actions are egoistic, i.e. "selfish;" however, selfishness isn't inherently-negative or positive, as it's been constantly portrayed as.

-People need to really shut up about philosophy because, too often, it's nonsensical remarks and wasted thinking -- basically, what Wittgenstein felt about being silent but extended.

Not sure how "edgy" that is.
>>
>>7813074

explain yourself.
>>
>>7815470
>The vast-majority of human actions are egoistic

it is impossible to quantify to what extent a specific action serves ones self and to what extent it serves others to any respectable level of accuracy. Also altruism is a thing. As we live in a world of interconnectedness, it is practically impossible to be only egoistic unless you are a hermit, therefore your claims are false
>>
>>7815481

Terrorism is justifiable when it's done by an exploited class to the exploiter class.
>>
>>7813074
>>7815491
justyfying something does not necessarily make it acceptable or just, which is what you are actually implying

hitler had a justification for the jews, doesnt make it right
>>
>>7815491

Interesting. I'm not sure why that did not occur to me. Probably because literally every second of exposure that I've had pertaining to terrorism has been in the context of it being perceived as a dastardly, sick, unacceptable act.

But I see how it can be used as a means to achieve an end that isn't so evidently wicked.

My question however, give me some examples where it was employed effectively by an oppressed class for ends that were purely contained to being lifted out of oppression? When has it ever worked without further damaging consequences?

>>7815494

I'm the one he replied to and you should think before posting an idiotic reply.
>>
>>7813074
>>7813080

read anything by gandhi you illiterate edgy teenage twats
>>
>>7813075
There is nothing edgy about that you just have problems with reading comprehension. Combining opposite views in one post and presenting it as one.
>>
>>7813060
nothing matters and we're all farting about, distracting ourselves to the grave.

That and society is a necessary evil that rapes our souls.

Furthermore we seek solace in love but it always disappoints because two fragmented souls can never be one; maybe only for a few minutes, only to diverge again and lead to your separation down the road.
>>
>>7813952
>We need a philosopher King to rule the scientist autists, the science autists can't look after themselves and if we don't get this looked after soon some corporate cabal will get the autists to create an AI and they will monopolize everything and voltron combine with some authoritarian state, most likely highly compromised communism.

bretty good desu
>>
>>7814303
agreed.

life is horror
>>
File: 1436958298415.jpg (28KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1436958298415.jpg
28KB, 460x460px
Only God knows the objective righteousness and value of all things, therefore anything considered to be objective by human standards is inherently subjective or paraxically objective and subjective at the same time.

Imagine a social idea. Right wingers support it, while Leftists oppose it. Both provide very good arguments why it should/shouldn't be introduced as law, and since both sides have strong arguments therefore it comes to subjectivity whether it's good or bad idea. But even then, somebody HAS to be right, right? So the one's political stance becomes subjective (because he prefers it even though it has meaningful opposition) and objective (because in the end his stance is the correct one, although no one but God knows it truly, since others see it as their opinion).

Rate my autism
>>
>>7815642
Why does somebody HAVE to be right?
>>
>>7815652
Because God IS right.
>>
>>7815656
It's a false dichotomy.
>>
>>7815671
I work in a major city and I'm 24. That's not a defence of my opinions; I'm sure they're childish in their way. But your observation, so far as it goes, is wrong.
>>
>>7815656
how do you know
>>
>>7813980
uh huh, yeah, looks like intelligent discussion between either of you two is nil
>>
>>7815656

Have you considered that there are things about which God doesn't have a judgment?

Have you also considered that God's judgment of a thing is very possibly totally beyond our human understanding?

Take your social idea. There's the two positions you described, and maybe it seems to us that those are the only two positions, because due to our limited knowledge they seem like the only two possible positions. But God's position can very well transcend that dichotomy in ways that seem impossible to us. In fact, the mere idea that a human could have access to God's truth (that one of the two human positions on the issue would match an omnipotent God's) is rather arrogant.

But I digress. Let's say I grant all of what you're saying:

1. God exists
2. God knows right
3. People exist and believe all sorts of shit
4. Some of what people believe matches up with God's knowledge, and some doesn't
5. People have no way to know whether or not what they believe matches up to God's knowledge
6. If what someone believes matches up to God's knowledge, then that belief is objectively right
7. If someone arrives at a belief due to their perspective and understanding, then that belief is subjective in nature

there's no real significance. the way you've constructed the words "subjective" and "objective" makes them non-mutually-exclusive. "objective" just becomes "it just so happens that God agrees with me, but nobody will ever know this, not even me." whereas "subjective" just becomes "this belief arose within a being with limited perception" which then describes all beliefs. it does not describe God's knowledge, because God does knows rather than believes.
>>
>>7815730

>it does not describe God's knowledge, because God does knows rather than believes.

sorry, meant to say: "it does not describe God's knowledge, because God does not believe-God knows."
>>
>>7815688
Which opinions were yours? Anyway, one can be in the "suburban teenager" mindset without actually being a teenager or living in the suburbs
>>
>>7813952
Yes I agree, terrorism be justafiable
>>
>>7814543
Anarcho means no rulers, not no rules.
>>
>>7814546
>>the end goal of totalitarianism and anarchism is pretty much the same
One wants a stateless, classless, moneyless society, whereas the other one doesn't. Please explain to me how they're the same? Unless you actually think the totalitarian regime of the USSR is actually representative of the dictatorship of the proletariat, in which case topkek read some marx u pleb.
>>
>>7815739
I'm in favour of reinstating the monarchy
>>
Civilization is a mistake and we should all in ethnically homogeneous hunter-gatherer societies
>>
Nothing matters. We're all going to die. So there is no difference between good and evil. Morality is subjective. Don't tell people that they're doing bad.

But despite life being meaningless, there is so much beauty to be able to experience it in any capacity. And we're all fortunate, so we should try to make other peoples journeys easier.
>>
>>7815671
actually I am a concrete manchild
>>
>>7813198
100% agree tbqh senpai
>>
File: 1RzpW2g.jpg (48KB, 371x562px) Image search: [Google]
1RzpW2g.jpg
48KB, 371x562px
>>7815765
>I'm in favour of reinstating the monarchy
>>
>>7815768

This but drop the population or else we'll regress to bloodsport probably. Don't know what to say about technology. Love it, but it's convenience makes us lazy and it's information makes people strive to fit into archetypes and also causes one to be very opinionated.
>>
>>7813610
read Prometheus Rising
>>
>>7815671

is that not the point of the thread? to have edgy opinions?
>>
>>7815671
says the guy who turns up to a party without any liquor
>>
>>7813295
>multiverse is real

Source?
>>
Things do not actually exist. We just have names for specific constellations of matter that occure around us. Following this, even we ourselves do not exist, atleast not through time. The momentary "me" is just what past momentary "mes" have been floating into, and it has already floated into a new momentary me that is now finishing this sentence. All these momentary mes can fit the same relatively vague description, but the more you get into detail the more they differentiate from one another, to the point where every momentary me only fits one very specific description. Even so much as breathing in new oxygen particles or leaning a little bit to the left or thinking something else changes the constellation of the matter that makes up "me", so that a new "me" now exists.
It's basically mereological nihilism, and very severe reductionism. I guess the edgy part about it is that a consistent neccessity is moralistic relativism to the highest degree to the point where nothing really matters if we do not want it to matter.

In general a merely theoretical idea is worth nothing, only an executed one actually exists.
Let's say I own a piece of land. Saying that I own it means nothing if someone else is living in it. Even if I write on a piece of paper that I own the land and show it to the one using the land, if I don't have the means to stop the guy from using my land the piece of paper will be pointless. (I guess this kinda ties in to Stirner's idea of property, so, uh, I don't think I have to explain it any further.) Society obviously found ways to get people of other people's land, by having an executive force for ideas that are agreed upon by society.

Not really sure what I was getting at with all this.
>>
>>7814585
i totally agree
>>
>>7815789
Uh, okay
>>
>>7815671
imagine being so autistic that you do this kind of thing
>>
>>7813060
I'm a Stirnerite egoist. I'm paralysed with indecision.

Let's go with the fact that I think illegalism is not just valid, but worthy of encouragement.
>>
>>7815671
we're just pedestrian amalgamations of post-modernism and take pieces of philosophers who were edgelords themselves.

You fucking smug, pseudo-patrician.
>>
>>7815671
This is in fact the edgiest opinion in this thread.

Well done.
>>
>>7814760
is he wrong though? Just because its a younger persons viewpoint, anything moving beyond that is a 'leap of faith' so to speak. No matter the direction
>>
>>7813060
Consciousnesses is horrible for people and the only way to end the suffering is have the human race go extinct.

Just killing yourself is not enough because we are all the same consciousness divided by our egos which are destroyed by death. Effectively we are reincarnated, although more accurately you were always everyone and now just have a new ego that gives you an illusion of being a different person.

Don't reproduce so we can end it.

Genocide can be justifiable for this purpose and is actually preferable since it is faster.
>>
>>7813295
Nigger nothing you will matter the moment you die.
>>
>>7815314
>utilizes shit-tier music as a means of defeating nihilism
>>
The Red Pill group has many things right about women and their shitty nature
>>
>>7814303
waa waa mommy made me do the dishes waa waa
>>
>>7814677
I don't really understand what you're saying to d.o. I should just sit down and die? sounds horrible
>>
>>7816440
not that guy, but I believe the answer is whatever you feel like
>>
>>7814912
>You could not be more wrong. Life is not about suffering or pleasure, its about the pursuit of the sublime.
>What gives people true satisfaction in their existence..

You appear confused. You say life is not about pleasure and suffering but then you say how feel true satisfaction. 'True satisfaction' is pleasure, it is a positive mental state that is wanted.

Basically you're saying hedonism is shit, and then turning around and saying how to achieve the highest pleasure.

>Remember, death is momentary, glory is eternal

No, it isn't. Glory lasts for a few weeks at most, unless you do something truly incredible. And even then it will end at your death, and will only continue to exist for a few hundreds, in a repeatedly copied and mutated story which is passed between individual people's minds. You can't experience eternal glory, because once you're dead you can't feel anything. Ever.
>>
To believe in organized religion is willingly deluding yourself to give your life meaning. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless you are a total faggot like >>7815642

Irony/ absurdity is the marriage of modern life + late capitalism and it's actively destroying our culture. Only by weaning back into sincerity with post-irony.

There will always be a majority and a minority in society, and the majority will always fuck over the minority.

White people are very lucky.

Michael Jackson is only considered the greatest pop star ever precisely because he is overrated.

James Joyce is terrifically boring.
>>
anti-humanism
>>
>>7814409
>r cultural shorthand states "those who failed at suicide said they were glad they did" is irrelevant because those people probably didnt give a serious attempt

and in support of this as well, ask what is the single greatest prediction of suicide? so if we have a group of people, what trait can we use to predict who is most likely to suicide?

the answer is a previous suicide attempt. Single greatest predictor of completed suicide there is.

quite clearly a lot of people aren't glad they didn't survive, and try to kill themselves again.
>>
>>7814585
I agree. my sister just had a baby and although he is sweet and I love it, and I wouldn't harm him now that he's already existing, I think his creation was a grave error and his mother (my sister) is morally responsible for the creation of a being which will suffer greatly, who will not benefit from being born, and could not consent to it.
>>
Somtimes I feel like I just hate women and blacks; I don't actually hate them and I support the less spazzy arms of feminism but sometimes I just find myself thinking "hmmm, your a shit and I wish you were unhappy"
>>
People who say "fuck humans" are really dumb.

What's so great about grass and bears and all that shit, s'all same shit, s'all fine, why not fuck dogs? They've done nothing brilliant, why wouldn't you push a big button killing all dogs?
>>
>>7816567
>What's so great about grass and bears and all that shit, s'all same shit, s'all fine, why not fuck dogs?
I think that's illegal most places.
>>
>>7816567
Humans have completely destroyed the habitat of the world and have created an awful environment for subsequent generations to live in, almost certainly. No other animal has had this capability. God gave us rational ability and intelligence and we repaid him by destroying everything he created.
>>
Empiricism is a trap: everything in the physical world is entirely relative. In contrast, nothing in the mental world is subjective. Morality, or the attempt to apply mental laws to physical entities, being a creation of the mental realm, is entirely objective.

I believe that I am the god of half of reality, as I am omniscient and omnipotent within the mental realm. My thoughts are the only thoughts.

I belive that all physical bodies are thoughts currently existing within the conception of the demiurge, just as all mental bodies are my currently extant thoughts.

I believe that discontent stems from feelings we two entities hold toward each other: mixing the physical and mental realms is a Bad And Impossible Thing, so I can live an Objectively Good Life by ensuring the mental realm does not resemble the physical.

Since morality is a mental construct and my thoughts are the entire mental realm, any belief I hold defines Objective Moral Law.
>>
>>7816474
>True satisfaction' is pleasure,

wrong. at this point I have to redirect you to the brain and behavioral sciences. What I am talking about is the experience of flow and self actualization. What you are talking about is eating a chocolate bar.

This is the problem with philosophy in general. Its been left behind and tries to speak of things by making statements on topics that have already been addressed by science with empiricism.
>>
>>7814158
>Leibnitzens monadism
How does someone fuck up Leibniz's name this badly?
>>
>>7816474
>Glory

It is eternal, as it also lives in the minds of others. It is not eternal as everyone dies eventually and ideas can be overcome and left behind and so on and so forth.

It absolutely is eternal, in that the past is forever unchangeable and what has happened can never be taken back. Glory that has been achieved can never be undone
>>
>>7816609
by misundestanding pluralization
>>
>>7816592
>God
He knew what he was getting into
>>
>>7813060
There is no "the people" and if there were, it would be a useless moron. Anything that derives legitimacy through appeal to the people inherits the worthlessness of that concept.
>>
>>7816064
Thanks

>>7815925
>shitposting
>a party

>>7815765
Why though?
>>
>>7813060
Humanity would be much better off (more passionate in life, more willing to suffer, more just, more self-respecting) if people were willing to kill. This seems to me the most fundamental absence of what could be called a uniquely human characteristic: the willingness to carefully plan out and act upon their wishes to murder immoral, corrupt, or otherwise incompatible people--its too rare and too underused. Its amazing and somewhat depressing that so few people supremely disliked are murdered.
>>
File: annoyedbear.jpg (19KB, 400x318px) Image search: [Google]
annoyedbear.jpg
19KB, 400x318px
>>7816567

>He doesn't like bears
>>
The only people that should be allowed to vote are white males over the age of 40 that are married and have children. They should also have at least an undergraduate degree and be earning at least 100k usd.

Women's voting rights and the voting rights of plebs need to be revoked in order to save western civilization.
>>
>>7816719
you dont fit any of those categories so i am not acknowledging your opinion
>>
>>7816681
dude wat
>>
Donald Trump will make American great again!
>>
>>7816721

I'm fine with that though.
>>
File: 1458004322644.png (253KB, 548x356px) Image search: [Google]
1458004322644.png
253KB, 548x356px
>>7816730
roastie detected
>>
>>7816732
of course supporters of a fag lover like trump would they themselves be fags
>>
>>7816721

And actually I'm white and currently finishing up with a mech e degree. But, yes, age wise I'm nowhere near.

But that's fine.
>>
>>7816733
You want to try typing that again? This time try not to sound like a retard.
>>
>>7813081

Those are basic and widely accepted, even dominant, views in International Realtions theory.
>>
>>7813066
This, but with more memes and a laugh so loud it covers the cries of pain our society screams as it is crushed by the weight of 10s of thousands of conflicting views.
>>
>>7813060
You're either a retard, a nigga, faggot, or cracka
>>
>>7816747
>mfw he's an Asian asexual
>>
File: pope-francis.jpg (599KB, 967x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pope-francis.jpg
599KB, 967x1200px
The Church needs to bring back forced baptism of adults. People need to be cleansed of their original sin.
>>
>>7813542
>Historical Progress is a meme, we're not any better off now than in the past
We are, it just has absolutely nothing to do with politics and political figures and "ideas", but with technical progress and new energies (mostly fossile).
This world will end soon, by 2050 at the latest.
>>
>>7813951
underrated post
>>
Anyone who isn't a materialist should be disregarded completely

Anyone who actually believes their in-group has objective value should be shot

Anyone who believes anything has objective value should take themselves less seriously
>>
>>7816972
>Anyone who believes anything has objective value should take themselves less seriously

>Anyone who isn't a materialist should be disregarded completely

areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg

one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>7816440
being still is dying, only in hedonism.

the whole point of establishing stillness is to see that there is something else than hedonism which brings you happiness.
>>
Philosophy was the death of civilization; it is philosophy that we look to for guidance on our path to achieving the ideal society.

The death of civilization occurred at the exact moment of Gaius Julius Caesar's death - the death of a man who was divinely predetermined to conquer and rule the unified Italy, and world.
It was Brutus, inspired by Plato, a purported founder of philosophy that allowed this. Ergo, Plato, and Platonism destroyed civilization.
This exact action has rippled throughout history, where Brutus is seen as a hero overcoming a great tyrant - let it be said that Caesar's death was a great tragedy, and in fact, the greatest tragedy to befall mankind.

Modern society remains fractured, fragmented, kaleidoscopic, debased, profligate, and situated in the greatest moral dark age in centuries. In these times, we can look only to philosophy for guidance. The astute philosopher of the modern era decrees objectivity and any sense of strong moral compass and finds validity in every philosophy and political system, so that it may offer them an escape from the dark age.

From his perspective, Fascism, Communism, Liberalism, and Anarchism must be as valid as one another on the road to the ideal society - the road to the benevolent dictator who protects his power, and the rights, culture, and society of his citizens.
>>
>>7814574
white (fair) skin was considered aesthetically pleasing in almost every culture across the globe because firstly it signalled social status
>>
>>7813265
Your not an anarchist anything if you are going to start banning things.
>>
>>7813060
Anarchism is both morally and practically superior to the state.

There is nothing wrong with pleasure seeking, nor advancing technology.

People should be free to live their lives freely.

The creation of the state was one of the greatest ills dealt to mankind.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.