[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is infinite jest worth a read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Infinite_jest_cover.jpg (28KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_jest_cover.jpg
28KB, 300x464px
Is infinite jest worth a read?
>>
>>7805471
No
>>
>>7805475
>>7805477

Ok. i have this friend that said it was life changing and really awsoeme.
He reads a lot tough (more than me) and he used to spend time here
>>
>>7805480
>he used to spend time here

run far far away
>>
>>7805480
Actually now that I think about it. Your friend is right. You should read it.
>>
>>7805480
Read it, I was wrong to say no.
>>
>>7805475
>>7805477
>>7805490
>>7805556
>>7805572
>How to spot non-readers on /lit/
>>
It's worth a read but you have to be patient with it
>>
>>7805471
Not at all.
>>
>>7805576
>all of /lit/
>>
File: IMG_20160306_210215.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160306_210215.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7805576
Hey I read the book faggot
>>
It's absolute shit and you're a fucking cunt for asking, fuck you.
>>
I'm reading it now. Been slowly working through it over the past year or so. I read it intermittently because a lot of it is very episodic, and there are some genuinely brilliant moments in there, but be warned that there are entire segments of forgettable mush. Think of the section of Moby Dick that turns into a handbook on whale anatomy and etymology, only more dispersed throughout the text.

Somewhere hiding in that book is the single most well-written fight scene I've ever seen though, so look forward to that.

Also, when is Tarantinto going to make Blood Sister: One Tough Nun? My body is ready.
>>
>>7805621
Agree with this guy. I can understand why some people don't like it, but in my opinion it really is the type of book that becomes like a best friend to you as you read it. Very few books come close, in terms of intimacy between the text and the reader. The book itself has a personality. Reading it, I not only felt like I understood the author, but the book itself understood me in a very personal way.

I don't know. It's hard to describe. I would give it a shot, OP. At the very least you can join the throngs of /lit/ posters who were too dumb/impatient to get through it.
>>
>>7805621
>>7805644
yeh, i agree with these two, it's a piece of utter shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.