[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do i watch the movie or read the book first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Do i watch the movie or read the book first?
>>
You're asking this question in /lit/, right?
Also that looks more like timothy hutton than tom hanks.
>>
>>7784778
I'm also asking on /tv/
>>
File: taxidriver.jpg (140KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
taxidriver.jpg
140KB, 303x500px
>>7784782
OK. I think the answer is always read the book first. Unless it was a book adapted from a movie. Like Gremlins.
>>
>>7784762
Bad book, bad movie.
>>
>>7784762

Stephen king is a bad writer. ( Yes, if you think that King is a good writer, you're not a good reader )

Don't lose your time with the book. Watch the movie if you have time to spend.
>>
read the book like everyone else
>>
>>7784762
Alright lads, how bad is going to be new Dark Tower movie?
>>
>>7785270
Thank you. Every single stephen king movie just seems to me like he's never actually gotten to know real human beings and consequently can't write people. And everyone i've ever met who likes him, guess what, has few to no friends.
>>
>>7785281
*meant to write "Movie/book" but I got too excited about how terrible they've all been.
>>
>>7785281
>Every single stephen king movie
He writes books you idiot, the movies are not an accurate way to gauge King's writing abilities. On top of that I know plenty of people that like King and have friends including myself, you're just pulling facts out of your ass.

Does he deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as authors like Pynchon or Faulkner? No of course not and nobody says that, but as far as what he's trying to do with his work he does a good enough job of it.
>>
>>7785304
see>>7785298

Masturbate less. You'll be less frustrated.
>>
>>7785317

Masturbate more, surely?
>>
>>7785317
Excuse me?
>>
I think the SK movies he's involved in tend to suck because of what I remember most about "On Writing" -no movie of that one. He was talking about how much he loved those campy horror movie matinees, and when I read that I realized why his movies all seem so corny. But some don't, like Misery and both Carrie's, I think.
>>
>>7785304

Of course people that like Stephen King have friend. The people that are geek and fan of Literacy don't like King and have no friend.
>>
As a rule, you should always try to read the book first. You're getting the author's story and not the director's. Though no matter what you do first, there will be some form of disappointment.

Either you read the book first and then see how bad the movie got it wrong, or, you see the movie first and are disappointed in how different the book is.

>>7785304

Almost all of his adaptations turn to shit and I don't know if it's the flaw in all movie adaptations or just the people working on his. No one ever seems to get it right or capture what makes the books great. /lit/ will never love him, but he is a good writer, just not the god some make him out to be.

The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption seem to be the only exceptions. Oddly enough both are centered around prison and are not horror stories. People should stick to adapting his works that focus on other types of fantasy. Then again, Under the Dome and 11/22/63 tv series buttfumbled two great books, so I guess you can never truly win.
>>
>>7784782
>>7784802
>>7785271
>>7785279
>>7785298
>>7785597
/LIT IS NOT FOR THIS - NOT LITERATURE! NOT /LIT
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.