[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>loud neighbors how to deal with this when pic related aint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: arplugs.jpg (941KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
arplugs.jpg
941KB, 2048x1536px
>loud neighbors

how to deal with this when pic related aint enough? i seem to need absolute silence to read... is there a way to block you mind from external stimulus?
>>
>>7781207
actually, i might suggest over ears. those are known to cause some damage over time.
>>
Kill em
>>
>>7781215
ive thought of trying those but do they really make a practical difference?

>>7781224
thats too much trouble, plus new ones would arrive. i prefer to move, but you never know what kind of nig youre getting when you arrive at a new place and im looking for a permanent way to deal with it.

sometimes i wish i was deaf.
>>
>>7781207
Add noise to your environment.
https://simplynoise.com/
>>
Ear buds + one of the hundreds of white noise apps available for your phone (they have rain sounds, train noises, city street noises, etc. so you can make the repetitive noise anything you want)

used to live in crowded dormitory, now I take the bus at least once a day
>>
>>7781245
well, it makes a difference in that you're not damaging your eardrums. there are some pretty damn good over ears though. sense deprivation is the only way to go. i can't hear a car drive by without losing my flow.
>>
sounds like you have severe ADHD or are somewhere on the autism spectrum
>>
>>7781207

How about you shove a dildo in your ear?
>>
Buy over-ear noise cancellors. Like expensive ones.
>>
File: success_kid.jpg (435KB, 2550x1695px) Image search: [Google]
success_kid.jpg
435KB, 2550x1695px
>>7781257
omg that works! you have introduced a major change in my struggle against noise. thank you anon.

>>7781268
yeah thats why i wrote practical, cause i already feel the effects of wearing those plugs too much
>>
File: 1412853539853.jpg (282KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1412853539853.jpg
282KB, 531x471px
>>7781297
Glad I could help.
>>
>>7781306
is that tooth shopped in? looks shopped in.
>>
I've White Noise to white noise.
>>
Meditation.
It's not the sound that's bothering you.
It's you that's bothering the sounds.
>>
>>7781207
You can't mentally block out the noise? Lemme know how the suicide works out, Schopey.
>>
File: Earth2_album_cover.gif (49KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
Earth2_album_cover.gif
49KB, 360x359px
>>
>>7781207
>tfw have ADHD
>tfw earplugs and my noise-cancelling headphones can't block out heavy bass and screaming teenagers
>tfw can't afford to move
>>
File: Elliot1.jpg (27KB, 480x496px) Image search: [Google]
Elliot1.jpg
27KB, 480x496px
>i seem to need absolute silence to read
>>
>>7781548
>he does not know the joy of reading in silence

yeah i felt the same way and when poeple talked about it it seemed absurd until i lived in france and enjoyed reading in their libraries where you could hear a fly cross the door. there are no words to describe the difference.
>>
>>7781207
Call the cops or report them to your landlord
>>
>>7781548
i just figured out that this shmuck is a kind of realization of pepe
>>
>>7781579
I live in France and our libraries are nothing special. I've been to Germany, Italy and Bong and they're all the same.
>>
If you want noise machines, this is the real deal https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php
>>
http://mynoise.net/
/thread
>>
>>7781798
https://simplynoise.com/
>>
>>7781207
Earplugs just won't work in some cases.Generating your own noise to block outside noise is best as others have suggested.
Is music or something like that absolutely out of the question?
I find music really unobtrusive.
>>
>>7781207
I'm like you. I can't read in public because I would often focus on a most minute and useless details like the pacing of approaching footsteps, the cyclical mannerism of other fellow readers within the space.

I spend a lot of mental energy just to focus on the text with all of these sounds. But as this guy pointed out >>7781315
the problem is me and is way more deep that just feeling annoyed by random noises.

My suggestion is to improve concentration and your focus.
>>
File: 1457112361117.png (303KB, 368x657px) Image search: [Google]
1457112361117.png
303KB, 368x657px
>>7781798
sorry bro, beat you to it >>7781769
>>
Put inner ears AND over ears
>>
Try having tinnitus.

I have adapted to reading with my T (10 different buzzing sounds) or with music (mainly jazz).

So stop bitching about complete silence and befriend the noise instead.
>>
>>7781808
this
>>
File: john_cage.gif (25KB, 432x527px) Image search: [Google]
john_cage.gif
25KB, 432x527px
>>7781207
>is there a way to block you mind from external stimulus?
Probably not.
>>
File: noise.gif (328KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
noise.gif
328KB, 500x500px
omg this noise thing has changed my life. ive just had a couple of hours of constant uninterrupted fully focused reading as i can only have when the flat is empty... and right now everyone is around with movies and music fucking loud.

checking on wikipedia about the different kinds of noise i see that silence is called black noise! this made me realize that what i need is not silence in itself, which i was going crazy about finding, but one of its features: a constant sound. now if you cant have black, then white is the answer! this is a truly interesting finding about the mind. thanks to the simplynoise anon again.

>>7781803
apparently the thing is not silence or sound but consistency in it.

>>7781808
i was about to tackle that but this noise thing overpowers it. plus my ears are changing their shape cause i have to wear them all the time
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.